STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

Smh @ the Dre slander. You dudes find anything to complain about. And Dre has never portrayed himself as a gangster. Rapping about your surroundings don't automatically mean I'm involved in that life.
he's known for gangster rap. I don't hate on dre at all. It is what it is though. Reason why this movie reminded of some cb4 type ish. Cb4 was def ahead of its time. These dudes were studio Gs. The way this movie portrayed these dudes doesn't seem real.

Last edited:
he's known for gangster rap. I don't hate on dre at all. It is what it is though. Reason why this movie reminded of some cb4 type ish. Cb4 was def ahead of its time. These dudes were studio Gs. The way this movie portrayed these dudes doesn't seem real.

They also mention more times than once that it's reality rap. It got categorized as gangsta rap by the media. But, what about the movie made them studio gangsters? They rapped about their surroundings, not what they were actually doing. How hard is that to comprehend. Easy was really in the streets though. I feel like, everything the movie touched on, I sort of knew already. You say... "it doesn't seem real." Were you around them during that time? A lot of things the movie portrayed is well documented. I was never in the gang life. But growing up in compton, I can speak on a lot of **** that I've seen, not done.

When Cube said, "Dre, I got this song..." man, you already know what time it was. :pimp:

The movie did not include the white "blouse", make up and mascara, there's a scene with the "marching band" jackets; which was discussed on Behind The Music.Eazy-E, Cube, or Ren never sold out like that for I believe was $50 a week.

Secondly, I was pertaining his post N.W.A. days. Dre was a woman beater but never defended himself against men, including 2Pac (too real for NT)
But in the movie he's the only one who can tell the story, besides Ice Cube and Cube was far removed for a lot the beef, he was in New York HEAVY at the time.

Then you got 37 year old men in this thread talking about if you can survive long enough to can rewrite history basically.  Dr. Dre might be a cool guy, I like his music, but he was a studio gangsta and I didn't like how he mythologized himself in the movie.

8zm6azJ.gif

2pac
”No longer Dre Day, arrive derche, long and forgotten, gotten for plottin-child’s play, check your sexuality, as fruity as this alize quick to jump ship, punk trick, what a dumb move cross Death Row, now who you gonna run to? Like those other suckers cuz you similar, pretendin to be hard-oh my god-check your temperature, screamin Compton, but you can’t return, you ain’t heard brothas pissed cuz you switched and escaped to the burbs”.

Dee Barnes

“People talk all this [s--t], but you know, somebody [f--ks] with me, I’m gonna [f--k] with them. I just did it, you know. Ain’t nothing you can do now by talking about it. Besides, it ain’t no big thing—I just threw her through a door,” Dr. Dre said.

Michel’le
"I did five videos and we had to cover three black eyes. It seemed like the day before a video, I would get a black eye and we had to cover it,” Michel’le explained.

Tairrie B "Dre heard the track, he turned up at the awards ceremony party, where he punched Tairrie “twice — once in the mouth and once in the eye. He hit me like Tyson, but I took it — I don’t know how.”

...there's no secret Suge Knight was Dr Dre's bodyguard against the Eazy-E. Then to get away from Suge Knight, then G-Unit became Eminem and Dre's bodyguards.

Suge Knight started Dr Dre's long time girlfriend and baby mother while they were together...he had a kid with her as well. This was around the time Dre started Aftermath, founded in 1996, same year Suge started "dating" his girlfriend.
 "As Suge Knight released Too Gangsta For Radio, an album that made light of Dr. Dre’s home-life and glamorized the toughness of a child, “Lil’ Suge,” children of Knight and Dre were step-siblings with the same mom."

Tony Yayo
"We beat somebody up for Dr. Dre," he says. "I could say it now. No disrespect to LA, but it was a whole bunch of New York dudes beating somebody up for Dre. He's cool. I like his music and everything. I just feel when you beat somebody up I feel like they owe you a little bit."

Last edited:
The only thing I don't like is that Dre was extremely protective of his image. That's what killed Notorious. Dre doesn't have his beef with Eazy in the movie (pivotal to early Death Row), doesn't touch on his habit of beating women and made himself tougher than he was when it came to Suge Knight. It didn't go down like the movie portrayed. In fact, he stopped showing up to the studio, Suge came to his house to get the masters and Dre called the cops.

Last edited:
They also mention more times than once that it's reality rap. It got categorized as gangsta rap by the media. But, what about the movie made them studio gangsters? They rapped about their surroundings, not what they were actually doing. How hard is that to comprehend. Easy was really in the streets though. I feel like, everything the movie touched on, I sort of knew already. You say... "it doesn't seem real." Were you around them during that time? A lot of things the movie portrayed is well documented. I was never in the gang life. But growing up in compton, I can speak on a lot of **** that I've seen, not done.
dre came off as a tough guy in this movie. when hes not about that life. reality rap okay but in hello" i started this ganster ish , this the thanks i get" didnt hear they started this 
"reality rap". not talking about the documented stuff. either way i didnt hate this movie it was alright. its still a movie and movies arent real. entertainment doesnt have to be real for it to be enjoyable though, 

Last edited:
You're better than this.

So he survived the MOST active time in LA regarding gang violence and was in the mix with a bunch of real gangsters and he was a coward???

I just don't follow that logic. If he was a coward he would've chosen a different path.

I dont think Dre came off as a tough guy in the movie at all.

Even when he punched dude in studio, Suge called everyone off...

I'm tryna understand why ****** all of a sudden hating on Dre so hard. "Punk *** Dre"?
I wasn't hatin on Dre, just the film didnt match the reported accounts of how he acted in those situations.
He was a dude that loved music, and thats really what he cared about. He wasn't bout that life. He was untouchable
from the sense he was NWAs and Death Rows golden goose. Til he wasnt.
It wasnt that simple as the movie made it whenSuge kept everything Dre made at Death Row.
There were guns and bats involved.

Yea let him beat the **** outta Easy to make him sign the papers to get Dre.
But Dre wanna go, its a 2min convo. ok.

Not saying Dre a female, but his gansta was entertainment.

Last edited:
Repped

Basically, Dre should have had limited creative control over how he was portrayed. He's damn near Superman in Straight Outta Compton.

Last edited:
So he survived the MOST active time in LA regarding gang violence and was in the mix with a bunch of real gangsters and he was a coward???

I just don't follow that logic. If he was a coward he would've chosen a different path.
I think we're talking about different things. I'm saying him as a man, the media documentation and what his peers have said about him implies that he was a coward, a perpetrator.

Growing up in a ghetto doesn't make one brave. It's all up to the individual and how they're made up. Dre wasn't active in any street criminal activity. He has no accounts of stepping to men and fighting them like he does women. There's lots of people that grow up in the ghetto and stay in their lane to avoid that kind of lifestyle. For the most part, they're safe unless they get hit by a driveby, mistaken identity or just straight up foolery by the other party. Dre kept his nose clean. Didn't gang bang, stayed in his neighborhood and minded his business on music.

That's all good, but he doesn't act that way or rap that way. Especially in the early 90's, he had a swagger about him that just ooozed "I'm the *****, you can't **** with this". During that time when he did a number on Dee Barnes, he casually speaks about the incident like it ain't nothing and he's a tough guy that handles business when pressed. "I just threw her *** through the door" type ****... Yeah, to women. Why not step to Tim Dog or Luke Skywalker?

Ice Cube to this day still claims he's a gangster. That fool never gang banged in his life. The boy went to a White High school, went to college, claimed Compton when he's from South Central. It doesn't get any faker than this. His house gets robbed in the late 90's and he calls the police. Even the OG Monster Kody from ETG says he's a fake, but you got all these kids out here calling Cube an OG. Please...... The only real street dudes in NWA was Eazy and maybe Ren. At least Ren was from a clique.

dre came off as a tough guy in this movie. when hes not about that life. reality rap okay but in hello" i started this ganster ish , this the thanks i get" didnt hear they started this 

"reality rap". not talking about the documented stuff. either way i didnt hate this movie it was alright. its still a movie and movies arent real. entertainment doesnt have to be real for it to be enjoyable though, 
Only person who came off as tough was Suge. But how you figure he's not or wasn't about that life? He didn't even come off as some hardcore gangsta type in the movie. Fighting isn't as big as a deal as a lot of people on NT make it out to be. Y'all wanted to see him getting smacked up cross the head by dudes. Haha
Yes, gangsta rap... meaning hardcore explicit street lyrics. No one was doing that before NWA.

The only thing I don't like is that Dre was extremely protective of his image. That's what killed Notorious. Dre doesn't have his beef with Eazy in the movie (pivotal to early Death Row), doesn't touch on his habit of beating women and made himself tougher than he was when it came to Suge Knight. It didn't go down like the movie portrayed. In fact, he stopped showing up to the studio, Suge came to his house to get the masters and Dre called the cops.

Ice Cube to this day still claims he's a gangster. That fool never gang banged in his life. The boy went to a White High school, went to college, claimed Compton when he's from South Central. It doesn't get any faker than this. His house gets robbed in the late 90's and he calls the police. Even the OG Monster Kody from ETG says he's a fake, but you got all these kids out here calling Cube an OG. Please...... The only real street dudes in NWA was Eazy and maybe Ren. At least Ren was from a clique.

:rofl: this just gets better and better

That meeting between suge pac and dre in the red room :wow: :rofl:

Only person who came off as tough was Suge. But how you figure he's not or wasn't about that life? He didn't even come off as some hardcore gangsta type in the movie. Fighting isn't as big as a deal as a lot of people on NT make it out to be. Y'all wanted to see him getting smacked up cross the head by dudes. Haha
Yes, gangsta rap... meaning hardcore explicit street lyrics. No one was doing that before NWA.

Wrong.

From Ice-T himself:

The first record that came out along those lines was Schoolly D's "P.S.K." Then the syncopation of that rap was used by me when I made "6 in the Mornin'." The vocal delivery was the same: "...P.S.K. is makin' that green," "...six in the morning, police at my door." When I heard that record I was like, "Oh ****!" and call it a bite or what you will but I dug that record. My record didn't sound like "P.S.K.," but I liked the way he was flowing with it. "P.S.K." was talking about Park Side Killers but it was very vague. That was the only difference, when Schoolly did it, it was "...one by one, I'm knockin' em out." All he did was represent a gang on his record. I took that and wrote a record about guns, beating people down, and all that with "6 in the Mornin'.

Also, Criminal Minded released an entire 18 months before Straight Outta Compton.

It was funny how they had Warren G as the person introducing Dre to Snoop, but didn't identify him as Warren G

They also could have thrown in Kurupt and Daz instead of Tupac. I thought the Tupac part was forced and very Hollywood.

Basically, Dre should have had limited creative control over how he was portrayed. He's damn near Superman in Straight Outta Compton.

Yeah it was a glossed over auto biography

That's why I liked the Eazy portrayal more than any one else.

It was funny how they had Warren G as the person introducing Dre to Snoop, but didn't identify him as Warren G

They also could have thrown in Kurupt and Daz instead of Tupac. I thought the Tupac part was forced and very Hollywood.
Yeah it was a glossed over auto biography

That's why I liked the Eazy portrayal more than any one else.
And Warren G is Dre's little brother.

Tupac was needed though, as him and Snoop were the lifeblood of Death Row Records.

Yeah, Eazy's portrayal was Dre's slight of hand. The more you connected with Eazy, it made Super Dre more believable. Eazy didn't have a problem son'ing none of NWA's members on ANYONE in real life though.

Pretty much Cube and Dre are creatives that survived their environment.
Then they used it to thrive. Diversified their outlook, then grew into legit business men.
Thats why they are still around today.

You acting like South Central is all suburbs. Compton is not more active than SC. It's just more popular than SC. So, you fake cause you go to College? Cube never pretended to be dumb.

Last edited:
also, cube never said he was a gang banger...
Never said he said that. There's a difference between a gangster and a gang banger. He's neither but he claims to be a gangster. You don't have to belong to a gang to be a gangster. Look at it as a noun. Suge isn't a gang member or gang banger, but his actions is that of a gangster. He is the epitome of a gangster. All these rap stars started going to jail and getting records AFTER they've made records, and it's all petty ****.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom