STREET FIGHTER 4!

i should just make a SUPER SF 4 thread. : \

some more info from the vegas fight club held earlier.

OK, first all second ultras were available, none of the alt costumes. As many of you know by now the 3S characters and Hakan were not playable, let aloneconfirmed, sorry. Second ultras were cool but a few were a bit long winded, ie: Abel, Gief, Fuerte.. OK character specific stuff.

Chun:
- Second ultra is Kikosho as many of us expected. It is a great combo move but, much to my surprise it got beat by an EX Snake Strike even though I guess rightand activated second, we traded and I got knocked out of the tournament.
- Kikosho can combo mid screen from EX Legs
- Kikosho can combo after up kicks then dash
- Kikosho can combo after she lands from air target juggle
- Kikosho can combo after EX SBK in the corner
- Original Ultra seemed to connect MUCH more consistently from mid screen. I saw EX SBK juggle ultra and a few times
- I am sure there are some frame differences but I honestly couldn't really study the changes to be sure
- Macc recorded my tourney match so hopefully he will post it soon, I didn't play particularly well but I suck on a square gate on the first 6 buttons

Gen:

- His P Stance jump has changed a bunch! He goes much higher than before and his j.MK jump cross up distance is a little further.
- EX OGA IS NO LONGER SAFE ON WAKE UP I got swept out of it and also hit in the head, definitely not a huge fan of that change and hopefully we will get itback.
- Oga is crazy fast now, a little less priority and a little slower than Adon's wall dive.
- K Stance c.MP has seems slower
- Roll FADC combo still didn't seem possible but I might have been screwing it up
- GEN HAS CHAINS Not as easy as Guy's but they are there, I did c.LP xx c.MP xx Hands
- Waterfall kick timing has changed and he kicks his opponents up at different angles now. It might be easier to get all the hits but it was different fromwhat I am accustom too and will have to adjsust my timing.
- Gen's second K Stance Ultra is qcb + 3P which is odd considering you have to be in K Stance and if you screw up you end up switching styles. I never sawhis P Stance second Ultra, sorry guys, I played a Guy more than Gen.
- Hands I think have fewer inputs, it came out very quickly so I think it is now 3 or 4 inputs, MK Hands MK Hands came out pretty easily, once again Ican't FADC the second set.

Guy:
- Second Ultra is his grab Ultra from A3, qcb + 3P
- Final Fight chain is very simple, much more forgiving than A3
- jump d + MP is gone as far as anyone of us could figure, if you wanted it you had to use it from the Bushin Grab
- to grab from Bushin Grab was not lp + lk like Cammy's Hooligan
- s.MP xx s.HP xx Rising Punch Super was cake
- s.MP xx s.HP xx lp Shoulder did not combo, that sucks
- s.MP xx s.HP xx Bushin Grab works well
- I couldn't get s.MP xx s.HP xx HK Dash Kick to work, the move wouldn't come out so I don't know if it will combo
- Bushin Grab link Rising Punch Super did not combo, too much recovery for Guy after the slam
- Dash kicks are awesome and better than A3 IMHO
- Shoulder is slow and it doesn't seem to give an advantage on block
- Guy can FADC shoulder but I wasn't able to get his Dash Kick Ultra to connect after
- LK Hurricane is a great counter move
- HK Hurricae is a good anti air if done very early
- c.MK does not cancel
- Final Fight Chain into Super was easy in the corner
- j.HK, s.LP xx c.LK xx LK Hurricane, Super almost worked, I think it will but I might have just missed the timing.
- There's more I am sure that I am missing so ask questions, I might know the answer

Fei:
- Second Ultra is a counter Ultra like Cammy's, it was hard for any of us to get it to work
- Second Ultra is qcf + 3K
- I did an EX Chicken Wing escape after Hawk activate his FAB when everyone swore I was dead to rights

Cody:
- Way cool character!
- Tons of attack and zoning options
- Knife is strong
- Rock throw matches projectiles well to keep fireballers from locking you down
- You can hold on the the rock until you want to throw it

Ryu:
- No Mule Kick

Sagat:
- He isn't weaker in the slightest!!!
- He spends 1 EX bar and his scar glows, supposedly it gives him a buff but Seth wouldn't spill the beans of what the hell it was for.
- Second Ultra is a big Tiger Shot, something like Ryu's original Shinkuu Hadouken

Adon:
- Air Jaguar Kick is qcf even though on the ground it's b, d, db + k
- Second Ultra is a an up kick sequence that ends with a pretty violent ground stomp

Gief:
- Air Ultra is air grab only, if you see it coming jsut stand still, let him land and punish.

Juri:
- Second Ultra is a timed period where she can chain everything and give more damage. Not it isn't a custom combo or Genei Jin cluster but her chain timingis simple and I saw her do a good amount of chains to spin wheel thingy.

Rose:
- Second Ultra she gains some protective orbs that circle her and protect her as well hit her opponent when she is close to the adding hits to any combo shemight do. Not quite like Oro's super art though, maybe more like Strider's from MvC.

Quick impressions:

Game "feels" faster. Maybe cause we were all point blank on the monitor, I dunno but it does feel faster... Its the same Street Fighter, most of yourtricks will still work and you will eat wakeup reversal.
Essentially, most of the characters "seemed" the same though there were tweaks which Seth didn't want to spoil for us. I would say all of theoriginal cast kept their move set.
Focus Level2 supposedly got nerfed? Don't remember what mr.wizard told me, but I don't think it crumples on hit anymore? Only on counter hit? I'msure some1 can confirm...

2nd Ultras
Guile-Sonic Hurricane, looks like it travels the screen
Sakura's - Shinku Haduken? I hovered over her to see what it was, but I guess its the same as Ryu's so I skipped her :tongue:
Bison - Its a head stomp ultra...
Balrog - 720 3p Command Grab Ultra - I asked Seth if it was broken since it did the same amount of damage as his BnB crJab,crJab,crShort,Headbutt but it'snot. When it did normal Ultra damage, it was considered broken, so now it does ##$*.
Juri - Standing Strong is a great poke, and I imagine cr. Strong into her LK Pinwheel is safe it seems. Her LK Pinwheel goes out real fast and applies quite abit of pressure. Down Fierce is like a Abel's cr Strong Antiair though a bit better has it has more vertical reach. Her other Ultra is supposedly somethingoutta Alpha2 Custom Combos, I didn't bother with it but I think Justin showed it on the stream. But it seemed to do more damage and link her normals
Guy - 2nd ultra is awesome grab
Cammy & Fei Long's - 2nd ultra is a reversal
Rose - 2nd Ultra has 2 orbs that fly around here aka Strider from MvC2, BUT They dont shoot anything, and only hit the opponent 1 time each and disappear. Thedamage was disappointing and it looks like when they hit the orb, they might be in juggle state...

- abels and sagats second ultra.

sagat doing his new move where he grabs his scar. it uses 1ex bar. nobody knows exactly what it does yet.

guiles new ultra

- dhalsims second ultra after air teleport.

- blanka and guy second ultra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKDghqmxBuQ akumas second ultra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2RD_LmlI_0 dee jays ultra and chun li's second ultra.

capcom event ustream. bunch of ultras shown. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/3824735

Idk but the second ultra look too cheesy and drawn out. I mean really Capcom, Cammy just breaks ya neck or Viper goes surfing on your burning frame? Ugh.

anyone got footage of balrog's 720 grab ultra? i saw bisons ultra, very similar to shang tsung's soul intake fatality... too bad it looks prettyuseless though.

i bought the marvel vs capcom fight stick today to prepare for ssf4

anyone wanna get some wins while i get used to the stick add me jbg11241

lol @ dan's 2nd ultra... looks like it came straight out of a SNK game.
balrog's 2nd ultra does @+$ damage...

Need to see some of these ultras without the opponents blocking. I'm kinda glad to see some of these 2nd ultras are nerfed.

Looks like Vega's/Claw's 2nd ultra does some serious damage, though.

But man, a lot of folks across the internet just seem to be excited to hammer out the 2nd ultras with their mains.
laugh.gif

And ugh, Gouken's Denjin Hadouken. Does anyone know if it's unblockable?

^yeah. goukens new one is blockable. the one vid i saw of it had it fully charged and the guy blocked the entire thing. it's not like ryu's 3s denjinhadouken.

heres vid of guiles ultra landing without being interrupted. along with seths new one.

I'm excited about a couple things but disappointed with some stuff too. As many have mentioned the second ultras are for the mostpart cheezy and too drawnout. SMH at Akuma's, I was hoping for a super air fireball a la mvc. I'm happy Gouken has a second ultra fireball but I need to know if it goes in bothdirections. Not really sure if it will have good enough practical applications to make up for Gouken's shortcomings
ohwell.gif
Also doesn't seem like DeeJay isgonna be very good...that's disappointing. But on the other hand, Guy, the other character I plan to pickup, looks awesome. Can wait to get some run withhim.

Has anyone sold their sf4? I'm bout to throw mine on ebay and hope to get 20 bucks for it.

^Are you gonna get SSFIV? If so, just keep hold of it. Apparently, they're gonna have something extra for the people who have SFIV, and they're gonnamake it glad we paid the $60.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

^Are you gonna get SSFIV? If so, just keep hold of it. Apparently, they're gonna have something extra for the people who have SFIV, and they're gonna make it glad we paid the $60.
Yeah and I heard that. Dunno if I'm buying that story though. If its just an unluck of extra content or some bs like that I'll belightweight annoyed.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

^Are you gonna get SSFIV? If so, just keep hold of it. Apparently, they're gonna have something extra for the people who have SFIV, and they're gonna make it glad we paid the $60.
good to know b/c i was about to sell mine.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

as long as dee jay has sonic boom like recovery on his max out and a juggleable ultra, he'll be my main.

any vids of seths second ultra?

look like 4 posts up.

i was planning to use deejay as my 3rd main after rog and bison too, but he looks pretty crappy now they removed the crumple off his EX doublekicks... that guaranteed him an ultra every match. he'll probably be a more rush down oriented guile. are there any vids of deejay juggling his ultra offhis anti-air up kicks???

Why are people obsessed with these Ultra combos. All those Ultra combos got old to look at after you saw them 10 times. Some of these new ones might get oldafter only 5 times. So what's the difference?

Back
Top Bottom