STREET FIGHTER

when you play multiple games that FADC **** is not an issue. its people that are avid 3S players and they can switch from IV to 3S quick.

3S like 4 relies on a lot of heavy knockdown combos. Quick 3 hit combos that end in a low heavy kick or hadoukens. V looks like you can have an assortment of juggles and V trigger either enhances or diminishes that depending on the character. 3S plays heavier than 4 as well. I personally think 3S is overrated but is a much more technical game than 4. Anybody who is extremely well at 3 would easily be able to master the learning curve in 4. I've played with many players who've played 3S on tourney levels and can play 4 without FADC. I've played SF4 players who can FADC with the best of them, I'm talking about canceling flash kicks into somersault strike ultras and then get bodied in 3S because of the framing of parrys and how difficult it is. It's all depending on your foundation.

I'm arcade baby all day. I salivate at the thought of wake ups and that's will 99% of the time be my downfall :smh:

Last edited:
REPPED ddouble! Thanks for the explanation and vids!
No problem.

I Play Winner also has a glossary for all those terms you hear during commentary

http://iplaywinner.com/glossary/

Fuzzy Guard, Footsies, Plinking, Kara Throw etc...
I'm still lost sometimes :lol:

But now that I'm looking to get fully involved with SFV, it's time to do some homework.
Fighting games have to be one of the most complicated type of games

Last edited:
But now that I'm looking to get fully involved with SFV, it's time to do some homework.
Fighting games have to be one of the most complicated type of games

Yeah, I want to really learn this game. It's got one of my favorite characters (Birdie) and it looks so clean and less gimmicky than SF4. I got into SF4 late. It was really hard to pick up. I learned a lot of things just from watching matches and commentary but there were still questions as to what somethings were. I'll be studying for sure with SFV.

Is there any place that has like forums for specific characters in the game so that people can share info and matchup knowledge? I've been on Eventhubs and Shoryuken, I just want to know if there's anything better out there. Thanks for all the info ddouble!

Yeah, I want to really learn this game. It's got one of my favorite characters (Birdie) and it looks so clean and less gimmicky than SF4. I got into SF4 late. It was really hard to pick up. I learned a lot of things just from watching matches and commentary but there were still questions as to what somethings were. I'll be studying for sure with SFV.

Is there any place that has like forums for specific characters in the game so that people can share info and matchup knowledge? I've been on Eventhubs and Shoryuken, I just want to know if there's anything better out there. Thanks for all the info ddouble!

Do you have the FA Tool app?
If not download it. It breaks down all the frame data for every character and let's you know what moves punish others. I'm so mad I found out so late in the game, it is a very helpful

Do you have the FA Tool app?
If not download it. It breaks down all the frame data for every character and let's you know what moves punish others. I'm so mad I found out so late in the game, it is a very helpful

Hmmm, never heard of it. REPPED! That would definitely help out. Does it also let you know what combos and what doesn't? I've also seen a lot of what I call "SF scientist" make combo vids but people say most of those are humanly impossible. So I'm guessing they're computer generated videos. Thanks for all the info guys.

Last edited:
Hmmm, never heard of it. REPPED! That would definitely help out. Does it also let you know what combos and what doesn't? I've also seen a lot of what I call "SF scientist" make combo vids but people say most of those are humanly impossible. So I'm guessing they're computer generated videos. Thanks for all the info guys.

Sorta yes they have a move linking area and you select a move and it tells you what I links into by frames here's an example

Sorta yes they have a move linking area and you select a move and it tells you what I links into by frames here's an example

Oh, okay. I'm mos def gonna check out the app. Thanks again.

Last edited:

I go on Eventhubs for the news and I know SRK has dedicated forums for characters.

There's also this thead on GAF which is helpful.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1162886

There's a link to other resources which I'm going to have a read off when I get time.

Those alts are really amazing. Especially Laura's. So ready for this game and haven't even bought a PS4 yet :smh: I'm most likely buying the collectors edition I bought the collectors edition for 4 and never even took the C. Viper figurine out the box damn near 8 years later

Last edited:
The alts are great and I think will be incorporated into the storyline.

Still debating whether to get this digitally.

Capcom removes booty slap to appeal to all and not scare female gamers. Then they pull something like that alternative costume :lol:
I think that Karin has upskirts too, or that Chun Li Alt, I forget

Last edited:
Prima Games Announces Street Fighter V Strategy Guide

If you enjoy the finer things in the world of fighting games, you’ll be pleased to know Prima Games has announced a hardcover collector’s edition of their upcoming Street Fighter V strategy guide. The book contains over 400 pages of frame data, tactics and combos, as well as a 16-page segment dedicated to Street Fighter V art.

In addition to the guide itself, this collectible guide comes with a special edition art print for framing, or, you know, leaning against some stuff on a shelf.

Since the folks at Prima haven’t yet mastered some sort of futuristic ink they can remotely alter, the information in the collector’s edition of the guide will likely remain accurate for a (very) limited period. Luckily, those who pick up a copy will also receive the mobile-friendly eGuide for free. On top of being markedly easier to tote around to tournaments, Prima has confirmed that the information provided in the mobile version of the guide will be updated throughout the first year of the game’s life so you can keep your frame data knowledge crisp.

The collector’s edition guide is set to release on February 16, and will set you back $39.99. Players can pick up the eGuide by itself for $9.99.

I wonder if they'll continue with updates to the e-guide after each patch. Probably not :lol:

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll continue with updates to the e-guide after each patch. Probably not :lol:

They're saying they'll continue the e-guide updates for a year from the release.

And they also have a 50% discount code that you can use on the preorder as well.

CODE: SNOW50

It brings it down to $4.99 if you're getting the e-guide.

R. Mika's butt slap before her CA was so ill lol hate that they took it away.

Loving the alts though. Charlie has his alpha series alt too :smokin

Should be buying a PS4 the day of launch :smh:

Just watched a some street fighter v.....Peter Rosa made Laura look like a monster. her damage potential is insane

Back
Top Bottom