STREET FIGHTER

Man, Zangief hits like a ****** truck. One knockdown and it's a wrap. I didn't realize he had armor and can absorb hits while walking, he even has an air SPD now.

Had to play lame AF and run out the clock both rounds lmaoooo. I have no idea how to fight him, I just try to out turtle Gief. I know that dude was heated though, lol.

Just saw your last match vs Ryu. Dude cleansed u in that last round :wow:

I'm hearing a lot of complaining on getting costumes in survival mode

What do you have to do exactly?

I'm hearing a lot of complaining on getting costumes in survival mode

What do you have to do exactly?

You have to play through survival mode to get the alternate colors, and the difficulty ramps up at the end, and if you don't complete it start to finish you get nothing. As opposed to SFIV where all you had to do was use the characters to unlock them.

You have to play through survival mode to get the alternate colors, and the difficulty ramps up at the end, and if you don't complete it start to finish you get nothing. As opposed to SFIV where all you had to do was use the characters to unlock them.
The problem with survival mode, more than anything else is the absurd waste of time that the early levels are.  So, like he says, there is no continuation...which I'm fine with.

But on Normal, which is 30 single rounds, you literally spend 20 minutes just playing through 27 matches of CPU controlled characters that don't block, don't quick stand, don't combo. You will probably get perfect KOs on many of these.  Then all of the sudden, in the last few matches the difficulty spikes dramatically.

It's like playing 27 one-on-one matches of basketball vs kindergarten kids, only to find that your last three opponents are Steph, Lebron, Westbrook.

Normal should just be 10 matches, starting from the difficulty of match 21.

Having a lot of fun playing but I need a sparring partner. I'm struggling against characters that rush me like cammy, bison and neccali. Any tips?

@aze201

im up for some sparring. lookin to get better my damn self.

psn: black_ascension

Having a lot of fun playing but I need a sparring partner. I'm struggling against characters that rush me like cammy, bison and neccali. Any tips?

I'm actually maining Cammy right now. I'm not good, but I'm down to run some matches.

SFV ID: The_Raging_Demon
PSN: Itachi23

So eager to get my hands on this game but still haven't bought a PS4 yet. Waiting till my vacay 2nd week of March. You guys make sure you get good while I'm not on :evil:

I'm watching Justin Wong destroyin' cats with Rashid :x cot damn does he deal damage.

Anyone has used a Hori Stick? Opinions?

Rashid and Chun are so ****** broken[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]
But they are so fun to play with.
Getting better with Laura and Gief is just GREAT NESS

Get yourself acquainted with the V-Reversal mechanic. Great for resetting the situation.

Great matches ning! That gief is a local around here. I can imagine dudes face as you lamed it out. :lol:

I'm having a great time using gief until I play Fang, Nash, Chun, or Sim. God damn man. Those feel like some true uphill battles.

I used a Hori RAP4 the other night and i think it's better than the Mad Catz TE2. I think the TE1 or TES is better than the HRAP though. I personally use a Hori VLX and it's s*****ng on everything. Just my preference in build, design, and weight of the case though.

Last edited:

I used a Hori RAP4 the other night and i think it's better than the Mad Catz TE2. I think the TE1 or TES is better than the HRAP though. I personally use a Hori VLX and it's s*****ng on everything. Just my preference in build, design, and weight of the case though.

the RAP4 caught my eye as well as the price point. With the mad catz sticks selling out. After seeing unboxings and videos on it, I might pull the trigger.

Another tip is to not press/mash buttons if you're getting rushed down or pressured with block strings. Don't mash tech throw also. I have a bad habit of crouch teching which leads to eating a 45% combo. Also gotta learn which normals beat what. I don't look into frame data at all but just know that every character has a few normals with priority that'll beat out whatever your opponent presses.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASE

Played FChamp's Sim. I didn't know Dhalsim can rush down in this game, SMH. His pressure in the corner threw me off.

Last edited:
I was wrong about the MadCatz Fightpad PRO.  Don't get it.  D-Pad all ****** up, not capturing inputs correctly, and it seems to be on every review for it.  Learned especially after trying out FANG, a charge character.  Returning it to FRY's after work tomorrow.  Will probably end up going with the HORI pad.

DONT BUY THE MADCATZ FIGHTPAD PRO!

I'm def going to attend local tourneys. I have no chance at Evo so it'll just be a waste of money.

I checked FChamp's record and he only has 1 loss in like 80 something games. He's making Sim look top tier.

Man, Zangief hits like a ****** truck. One knockdown and it's a wrap. I didn't realize he had armor and can absorb hits while walking, he even has an air SPD now.

Had to play lame AF and run out the clock both rounds lmaoooo. I have no idea how to fight him, I just try to out turtle Gief. I know that dude was heated though, lol.

Briliant :lol:

I never ask for nerfs but Zangief's CA does too much damage. Like it just doesn't scale or something. All you see is a big chunk of red gone.
Snake eyes was abusing his headbutt. Scariest iteration of Zangief IMO in recent times

I'm watching Justin Wong destroyin' cats with Rashid :x cot damn does he deal damage.

Bought the Hori Pro.V Silent and it's good. First proper stick so can't compare to a Mad Catz but I'm getting used to it .

Getting some combos down but doing it in a real match is a whole nother story.

Didn't know the Street Fighter channel did official guides. Ken's just released and it's 9 mins long so quite in depth.

Momchi streaming showing some good play for the Ken players

Sim is definitely up there.  Mix up game too strong, great long rang normals/anti-airs, teleports, grey health, hover over/slide under.

Your dictator looking reall nice though.  I'm suppppper casual right now, but i'm enjoying shid, gief, and claw.

Supper casual is probably not even the word for me.
Still at 0LP and ranked 176K :smh:

Now I understand when people find driving games too hard. This is the same for me but I won't give up.

Bought the Hori Pro.V Silent and it's good. First proper stick so can't compare to a Mad Catz but I'm getting used to it .

Getting some combos down but doing it in a real match is a whole nother story.

Might lean towards the Pro V silent if there's no more TES sticks by the time I buy.

The Pro VLX is :pimp: but I'm not throwing 3 bills for a stick b.

Back
Top Bottom