STREET FIGHTER

Mika default costume was deemed too revealing by ESPN
e8lkozcwcli9.jpg

Last edited:
Just caught up but what a great top 8.

I was so salty when Nemo lost but really great matches.
Can't wait for next year with a better roster and hopefully it stays this big

Congrats Infiltration

CnnzemHVYAEAEc1.jpg

Download complete :lol:

Evo was lit, wish Joe made it father tho:lol:

I see what you do there :lol:

YouTube channel "Trailer Zone" seems to have the most videos. I guess it's their official channel.

I think he's referring to the ESPN broadcast.

I wan't to see it as well since everyone is saying it was better than the twitch stream.

BTW, people kept on saying Yukadon is 14 years old?

HOW, WHY, HOW?
Why am I so bad in this game but 14 year olds are getting top 8.

Last edited:
I read that ESPN made Fuudo use Mika's story costume bc her default was deemed too sexy for television.

Really need to see the ESPN broadcast :smh:

14 huh, guess he's one of the few to watch out for. Becomes the SonicFox of SFV? :lol:

Yea, Momochi also brought his students too.
One of them got out of winners in the second pools so got really far.

Japan already sorting out their future.

Last edited:
I really hope I can attend next year too.

Everyone I met was cool and still acted like everyday folk and not feel entitled to anything.

Daddy Joe was sitting right in front of me and was so emotional. After Joe beat Eita they brought Papa Joe around and LI was so shocked. Crowd was white hot for Joe every time he came out.

Infil's speech at the end was dope too.

Those are apparently good numbers, especially for SFV's first televised event.

It would be even more on Twitch if it wasn't so late for Europe. Finals were on like 5am local time for me.

I can just about stay for Sony's E3 conference but this is too much :lol:

Last edited:
Yea its better then most esports number and it had a horrible timeslot, so all things considered it was better then they expected

EVO was dope! LI Joe's hypeness, Apologyman's Rashid, Reketsu's salt, Wong VS Diego! I was good. I tell you what, Xian is becoming one of my favorite players to watch in SFV. He's really making F.A.N.G his own. Great stuff.

EVO was dope! LI Joe's hypeness, Apologyman's Rashid, Reketsu's salt, Wong VS Diego! I was good. I tell you what, Xian is becoming one of my favorite players to watch in SFV. He's really making F.A.N.G his own. Great stuff.

Always loved Xian after seeing his GEN and my respect for him grew even more seeing him make 9th place with what is meant to be the worst player in the game. His Fang is beautiful to watch.

I also just saw the announcement of EVO Japan. Can't wait to see more at TGS

Always loved Xian after seeing his GEN and my respect for him grew even more seeing him make 9th place with what is meant to be the worst player in the game. His Fang is beautiful to watch.

I also just saw the announcement of EVO Japan. Can't wait to see more at TGS

Yep. His GEN was great but man, watching him shimmy with F.A.N.G is a thing of beauty.

What's the usual ratings for an Esports event?
That might be a hard question to answer since not a lot of eSports have gotten a lot of coverage over the years. They had some gaming team series on Directv years ago; they played it off like NFL teams with members of each squad playing each game and adding up the points at the end of all the sessions (FIFA, Halo, CS:Go etc). That went to bust. But now  TBS I know for a fact every friday night they show CS:GO coverage of games both live and replays. I keep telling myself to check it out. I want to supports eSports on a bigger US market in anyway possible. and on easier times since coming back for me watching GSL starcraft in Korea 3 and 4am
laugh.gif

Wow, check out these dope SF figures coming out soon:

They look WAY better than the Funko Pop ones. They're probably the coolest looking Street Fighter figures I've ever seen. I especially like the Blanka, who always looked horrible in all previous figures made of him, which I refused to buy. Looking back in SFIV, Blanka had a pretty terrible design. He looked like some bodybuilder who painted himself green:

Blanka should look like more like a beast than a man. The Alpha design was the coolest for Blanka. I would kill to have Blanka look like this in SFV:

I want Blanka in SFV so bad. And we don't even know if there will be more characters coming after Urien. 
frown.gif

Last edited:
There definitely will be more characters next year for the next CPT season.
I don't think they've confirmed anything. Maybe in an extremely vague way. The game's sales haven't been that good, the review scores on MetaCritic have been mediocre at best. But the worst of all is the game's rep among the general gamers.

It has a strong following when it comes to torunaments, which is what it was primarily made for. But while trying to appeal hard to the hardcore fans and tournament community, they lost the following of the average game consumer.

Back
Top Bottom