STREET FIGHTER

I honestly don't know how an average gamer picks up ANY fighting game. They are god awful if you can't play them.

YO FINALLY HIT PLATINUM!!!

haha i was so hype that last game into the level up. I was fighting this Super Platinum Ryu player and bested him already 3-0. Final game he was one hit away from winning but i made a good read and backdashed his throw and punished to take it 4-0. Got like 93 LP per match.

I really wanted to hit Plat before Juri came out. Think imma main her and stick to player matches.

YO FINALLY HIT PLATINUM!!!

haha i was so hype that last game into the level up. I was fighting this Super Platinum Ryu player and bested him already 3-0. Final game he was one hit away from winning but i made a good read and backdashed his throw and punished to take it 4-0. Got like 93 LP per match.

I really wanted to hit Plat before Juri came out. Think imma main her and stick to player matches.

You still dusty as hell

I don't think they've confirmed anything. Maybe in an extremely vague way. The game's sales haven't been that good, the review scores on MetaCritic have been mediocre at best. But the worst of all is the game's rep among the general gamers.

It has a strong following when it comes to torunaments, which is what it was primarily made for. But while trying to appeal hard to the hardcore fans and tournament community, they lost the following of the average game consumer.

Well, they aimed to sell 2 million by March but sold 1.4 million which was not ideal but hardly a disaster.

Don't forget that Ultra SF4 was only made for the hardcore FGC at that point in time of SF4's life, so no reason why SF5 won't see a season 2 of characters with the success of EVO and the CPT in general.

They've also made character profiles and illustrations for so many characters and Ono has mentioned future updates a few times in his interviews.
I expect a lot of these characters in the future since now the base game is done and they can now focus on fine tuning and creating more characters and stages.

TibSgMs.png

Last edited:
Juri Joins the Street Fighter V Roster

Juri returns to Street Fighter V with a brand new look and some tricks up her sleeves. A trained expert in Taekwondo, Juri also possesses a ki booster called the Feng Shui Engine equipped in her left eye to aid her during battles. She focuses on flashy, fast and furious kicks, and has a wide range of ki-based attacks at her disposal. Her trademark moves are her ki-based fireball attack and pinwheel kick.

Juri will be available to download on the PlayStation and Steam stores starting July 26th. Fans attending San Diego Comic Con this week will be able to experience playing Juri first hand at the Street Fighter V booth, so be sure to stop by!

We will be conducting server maintenance from 9AM to 5PM PT on 7/26 (Tuesday) in preperation of the release of Juri.

Juri’s Story and Premium Battle Costume will also become available at the same time she releases on the 26th.

In addition to the Chun-Li and R. Mika summer outfits which are already available, we have three more outfits for Cammy, Laura, and Ibuki coming your way! Each Premium Summer costume is priced at $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29 and will be available on July 26th as well. Be sure to grab them on the PlayStation and Steam Stores along with our new DLC character Juri when the day comes! Till next time

cammy_summer.jpg

ibuki_summer.jpg

laura_summer.jpg

Last edited:
Announcing the Capcom Pro Tour Online Ranking Events!
Compete in the Capcom Pro Tour from the comfort of your own home to win a trip to compete in the Regional Finals!

[h3]Capcom Pro Tour Online Ranking Events[/h3]

Have you wanted to compete in the Capcom Pro Tour but haven’t been able to? Now you have a chance to compete from the comfort of your own! Capcom and Level|Up are pleased to announce the Capcom Pro Tour Online Ranking Events! The series will consist of two separate online 256 player tournaments for each CPT Region played on Street Fighter 5. The first tournament, for the CPT North America region, will take place on July 31st with further events thereafter. Winners of an Online Event will have their flight and hotel paid for by Capcom and Twitch to compete in the corresponding Regional Finals Tournament (the day two 16 man bracket at the Regional Finals, just like a normal Ranking Event) in November! Here are the details:

[h3]General Details:[/h3]
  • Each CPT Region will have 2 Street Fighter 5 Capcom Pro Tour Online Ranking Event Tournaments, with dates and times for each region listed below. The first will be for the CPT North America region taking place on July 31st.
  • Please be sure to read the dates for the specific tournaments for your region carefully as well as all of the other rules and regulations. You don’t want to miss out!
  • Each event will be a 256 player double-elimination tournament. The top 16 players of each tournament will earn Ranking Points on the corresponding Regional Leaderboard, just like any other Ranking Tournament in the Capcom Pro Tour.
  • Winners (1st place) of an Online Event will have their flight and hotel paid for by Capcom and Twitch to compete in the corresponding Regional Finals Tournament in November. Players qualify for the day two 16 man bracket at the Regional Finals just like they do in normal Ranking Events!
  • Each event is capped at 256 players so be sure to register and meet the proper requirements below promptly as these spots are sure to fill up quickly.
  • Once again, read the specifics regarding which region you belong to, the dates of your region’s events, and all other rules and regulations carefully!
  • Also be sure to read, understand and follow the 2016 Capcom Pro Tour Rules.

Specific Information:

I would register, but I'm out of state and don't have my PS4 with me :/.. I'm also currently ranked #2 in my local region for the Redbull Monthlies, and I'm most likely going to get flown out to Santa Monica to compete against the top 16 in October.

Yeah still rocking Bison. I def need a secondary for certain matchups. I've been in the lab with Necalli.

Top 3 from each region get flown out to the Redbull HQ to compete, and I'm sitting pretty at #2 in terms of points/standings, very good chance I'll be going.

Yeah still rocking Bison. I def need a secondary for certain matchups. I've been in the lab with Necalli.

Top 3 from each region get flown out to the Redbull HQ to compete, and I'm sitting pretty at #2 in terms of points/standings, very good chance I'll be going.

Let us know if you go so we can root for you on Twitch :nthat:

Yea let us know. Will definitely root for you on stream.

Necalli/Bison is the same pair that Phenom uses so definitely a solid pairing.

Finally got my hands on SFV.
It feels so different from SFIV. It feels very delayed like there's lag or something.
IDK if it's my controller TV or what but it feels off

They've said they're looking into it, but its unlikely anything changes until this season is over.

Meh i really dont see the input lag affecting my online experience that much, but i cant speak for anyone else because it may actually be an issue for them.

I disagree with V feeling slower and IV. It plays alot smoother imo, maybe it depends on what character you played. Im a bit biased though because i ended up hating IV by the time Ultra came out.

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it's not an online issue its across the board. Meaning training mode will feel the same as online, barring connection issues.

I never played IV, but when I started playing V I noticed it. I'm accustomed to it now though.

Don't all modern fighting games have 5 frames of input lag? So it's really a difference of 3 frames. It should still be fixed though. And I think they will. They just didn't want to alter it this season to affect the tournament play.

Coming in one of the next updates:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom