STREET FIGHTER

I think Ima hit the arcades this weekend. Some of these new characters look awesome in tekken

Super Turbo. The fact that you still have legit tournaments regularly taking place for this game just shows how timeless it is.

Well, the same can be same about TS. Honestly, TS, ST and probably IV (SS4 or an AE) are the best.

The Alphas were broken. Chain combos and Alpha Counters in 1. Custom Combos and Alpha Counters in 2. The V-ISM and stupid juggles in 3.

The New Capcom Fighters Network Arrives May 30 Alongside Monthly Targets, Ed and an All-New Spain Stage!

The cage returns! As part of a bevy of new features and updates coming on May 30, Street Fighter V will receive a remastered Spain stage loaded with dancers, musicians and all the requisite flair we’ve enjoyed since its stylish debut in Street Fighter II. And Vega players… yes, you will be able to climb that bad boy. Pick up the Flamenco Tavern starting on May 30 for $3.99 / ¥400 / €3.99 or 70,000 Fight Money. Hit the jump for a full round up of what to expect May 30.

more

The Thailand stage will also return on May 30 with all-new BGM for $3.99 / ¥400 / €3.99 or 70,000 Fight Money, and was detailed [back in this earlier blog post].

Additionally, May 30 is the day the New CFN rolls out to all online warriors. The New CFN is a massive update to the online SFV experience, [detailed in this earlier blog.] New balance changes, matchmaking improvements and loads of other benefits await – including a whopping 50,000 Fight Money bonus for signing in at any point from May 30 to June 13 PST!

Last, but most certainly not least, our latest Season 2 character, the Young Commander Ed, makes his formal debut alongside the New CFN, Spain and Targets. Test your Psycho Power infused boxing skills for $5.99 or 100,000 FM.

S.I.N. kidnapped Ed as a child and experimented on him with the goal of creating a replacement body for M. Bison. Today, he’s a force all his own! Check him out – and his Story and Battle Costumes – starting on May 30.

Don’t forget, the Season 2 Character Pass is now available for $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99 and will grant pass holders with Akuma, Kolin, Ed, in addition to 3 brand new fighters to be announced later this year. The pass comes with Premium Battle Costumes with colors 3-10 unlocked and default costume colors 3-10 for each character. Additionally, Season 2 Character Pass holders will receive an exclusive PS4 theme!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...monthly-targets-ed-and-an-all-new-spain-stage

I'm loving all these stages we're getting. I hope this one is not banned and it shouldn't be since you know what Vega is going to do anyway. Need to see it in action.

Going to get that 50K fight money too :pimp:

Couple yrs ago I downloaded super sf2 turbo hd remix on my PS3..didn't really play it a lot..wasn't too crazy about the graphics..but I just read the ign review and had no clue u could switch it to the retro style graphics..def gonna check it out when I get home

http://m.ign.com/articles/2008/11/21/super-street-fighter-ii-turbo-hd-remix-review
I liked the graphics themselves. The problem was the animation. The animation in those HD graphics was so choppy. Looked like it ran at 10 frames per second.

And you can change the graphics to retro in that game, but only for the character models. The stages remain in the HD remake mode. In the new Ultra SFII for the Switch however, you can change both to OG graphics.

Not sure why they chose the waiting to be banned Vega stage over some others they could've included, but I'll still get it.

I'm in for the Honda stage, old sagat stage too. I really don't understand the capcom logic right now. Majority of the fans are complaining about balance issues.
So what does capcom do? Announce more stages (which look banned already) for purchase. A new character that we need to buy to use. Now old balance changes that were delayed for months. Y'all really making it hard for a fan of the game.

I'm in for the Honda stage, old sagat stage too. I really don't understand the capcom logic right now. Majority of the fans are complaining about balance issues.
So what does capcom do? Announce more stages (which look banned already) for purchase. A new character that we need to buy to use. Now old balance changes that were delayed for months. Y'all really making it hard for a fan of the game.

I can't remember the last time fans didn't complain about balance to be honest with certain characters. Capcom already said they're only doing 1 major balance change per year.
That's what the seasons are about. Constantly patching a game is the fastest way to get rid of your fan base. NRS games did that and it didn't work out well.

I can't see why announcing stages or providing more content like new character is a bad thing. We already know the characters are to be released throughout the year and we knew that they'll drop stages too throughout the year. I want the roster to be massive like Ultra SFIV and want to see a lot of my fav characters so the more the better.

I liked the graphics themselves. The problem was the animation. The animation in those HD graphics was so choppy. Looked like it ran at 10 frames per second.

And you can change the graphics to retro in that game, but only for the character models. The stages remain in the HD remake mode. In the new Ultra SFII for the Switch however, you can change both to OG graphics.

Not sure why they chose the waiting to be banned Vega stage over some others they could've included, but I'll still get it.

Played it last night..this game doesn't do it for me..reverting back to the old school was wierd and it looked funny..I'm sure after playing it for a few hours u get used to the HD remix graphics but this is one of my least favorites

I was top 100 in HD remix and power ranked by iplaywinner as top 20 around early 2009. HD remix is the definitive version of SF 2 (until ultra street fighter 2) in my opinion. The game took me back to era where all that mattered in life was having the number 1 score in the arcade and trying to get my charge moves to come out on a Super Nintendo controller. I couldn't get enough of HD Remix. Super excited for the return of Bison Thailand stage and the return of the Spain stage for SF 5. The 50,000 fight money is really nice as well :smokin

Still trying to defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance

I was really hoping Ultra SF II was going to be old school graphics with today's controls/physics/animations.

Last edited:
Seeing these Ultra SF 2 videos; looks cool. Takes me back when I loved this franchise.

Question: Violent Ken. Where does this take place in the storyline. I know the history of Evil Ryu (Dark Hadou) but Violent Ken? Is that from the Alpha Movie when he was under Bison's spell?

Back
Top Bottom