STREET FIGHTER

Oh ****. I've been wondering for a WHILE if you were the FGC DiNyc3st. NT x FGC Summit at Evo. [emoji]128064[/emoji]

that DBZ game is what style Capcom should've gone with.

its 3D but its da cell shading is amazing.

I played the demo today and I have to say, I'm not sure how it will do on the competitive scene. The combo system seems very watered down. Just tap square four times and you'll do an auto combo (the combo even ends in a launcher which I don't remember MvC3 doing). It's like a button mashers dream. It's fun for me because I'm terrible at these games :lol:, but I'm not sure how the vets will take to it

Last edited:
Is the demo just on an easier mode?

Right now I'm not impressed and after getting mvc3
Not sure how interested I am with these vids

Hey guys I didn't know there's some FGC cats here. But luckily I just made a discord for us sneakerheads/FG lovers LMAO

Join up and share :smile:

https://discord.gg/EsETESF
What up Dnyce.

Why you never sign up to NLBC and will you be playing MVCI.

I still remember your Phoenix team when Marvel 3 dropped.

that DBZ game is what style Capcom should've gone with.

its 3D but its da cell shading is amazing.

Nah, don't want every game looking the same.
Cell shaded suits DBZ because of the anime. MVCI looks great especially during the Infinity Stone x factor thing.

I played the demo today and I have to say, I'm not sure how it will do on the competitive scene. The combo system seems very watered down. Just tap square four times and you'll do an auto combo (the combo even ends in a launcher which I don't remember MvC3 doing). It's like a button mashers dream. It's fun for me because I'm terrible at these games :lol:, but I'm not sure how the vets will take to it

That's just a simple combo for accessibility. It's not the optimized combo which the pros will figure out.

I've already seen people do more complex stuff.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Every one is hating on the demo but I'm really feeling it. I can feel the potential with the infinity surge and infinity storm moves with infinity gem. The tag system now is kinda fresh. Combo strings look like they'll be way more skilled now instead of a quick tag in the air that you have to guess against to play some defense.

Yea, I don't get the hate for the gameplay side of the demo.

The story, voice acting and character models I get but the gameplay is Marvel to me. The engine looks like you can get a variety of combos with the insta-tag and gem system.

I was doubting it originally because there was no assists and I wanted 3v3 but I'm not complaining anymore.

The speed looks fine to me compared to Marvel 3 without X-factor.

Combo vids look dope. Hope meter is filling. I know it's in easy mode, but controls are still subject to ridicule

That Thanos backdash :O, that should speed up the game x10. Ultron looks like he's gonna be a problem online :lol:

I love how you can change characters on screen before the announcer says Fight.

Going to be some mind games there.

The complaint with the controls are being way over blown. The controls are a mix of Marvel 2 and Marvel 3. Even with the easy input where you can mash light punch for a 8 hit combo you can turn that off

Every Fighting game these days has DLC. It's a good or bad thing depending on the game as a package and how they implement it.

I wouldn't worry about Licensing expiring like in Marvel 3. Not from Marvels comments.

[rule]

Best gameplay vid so far with this Strider/Morrigan team.

Another one

Last edited:
All the vids are coming out and everyone is starting to eat crow. They haven't even shown Spider-Man footage yet :lol:

People already made up their minds about the game before gameplay even dropped. It's sad really.

Max's impressions

TL:DR
- Gameplay is great
- Fresh due to tag and infinity stones
- Demo build is old.
- 1v1 Build at E3 looks better
- Character models for some characters are still leave a lot to be desired.
- Loves the gameplay but has communicated to the Capcom and Marvel reps to improve the presentation and character models.
- Feels initial roster is weak from missing X-men characters
- Feels competition from DBZ is a great thing.

Last edited:
People said the same thing about mvc3
But the new dragon ball Z tekken 7 already being out. Sf5.
Going to be hard for me to want to pay full price for it

Nah this game is getting a lot more hate than Marvel 3.

Dragon Ball ain't out till next year though while Marvel is out in September unless it gets delayed so there's a nice gap in between.

Speaking of Dragonball.

I feel like it is gonna be ok at first. And then through patches etc. over time it will eventually be excellent.

Seems like that is just the way things go these days.

not going to lie the new marvel looks blah to me. The same fighters almost as vanilla mvc3 ( minus the x-men ), going back to 2 on 2 , looks like no assist, the easy to do combos and the bad character models . Looks like a polished street fighter vs tekken. saying all that ill probally get it , i went against my better judgement and got sf5 on launch last year and 60 bucks is not putting me in a homless shelter . I'm real curious on the db fighter game looks fire cause its fresh but the roster is gonna make that game to me. 

Back
Top Bottom