STREET FIGHTER

I wouldn't mind seeing a Darkstalker character or 2 in this game (preferably Felicia and Jedah)...

Probably won't happen though....

I really wonder when this is gonna take place in the SF story.
And Charlie with this gem on his head and stitches I wonder if Gill brought him back to life. But come on capcom sonic boom teleport, and a what looks like a raging demon

I'm just glad M.Bison will be in the game

Charlie looks like they experimented with the Tandem Engine. Makes the most sense since Bison was probably who killed him (and he's behind Sin).

The game still looks slow. But maybe we'll see a lot more at E3.

And Smug/Alucard was a great set. Smug has awesome block strings/frame traps, along with combos. His defense seems a little suspect but his touch of death combos sort of make up for it against anyone not named Snakeyez, Dieminon, etc (top American players).

Well Charlie's move set confirms that guile will be in this one. They made Charlie practically a new character. Story line is gonna be real linear. Something dealing with psycho power or whatever I bet. Just show me some high level play and R. Mika

25_feilong01.jpg

25_feilong02.jpg

Fei Long confirmed??

Last edited:
With SF3, we got pretty much all new characters. I think that decision was galvanizing.

I'd prefer we got an even mix of old and new. So far, it's been old (Ryu, Chun, Charlie and Bison).

With SF3, we got pretty much all new characters. I think that decision was galvanizing.

I'd prefer we got an even mix of old and new. So far, it's been old (Ryu, Chun, Charlie and Bison).

Yeah that SF3 roster was shocking to say the least. When new generation dropped people were so stagnant to try any new character that wasn't a shoto (sean can't even shoot fire balls :smh: ) 2nd impact and 3rd strike put returning new characters front and center in advertisement after and people came around to playing world warrior clones like necro and remy.

There are some newer characters after SF2 who've made an impact like ibuki, and C. Viper but most will be forgettable. Over/under any new character from 4 returns? MAYBE juri but that's it. I think they'll be minimal new to the series characters truthfully but a lot of characters I feel will be returning characters that haven't been present in the series such as R. Mika...and non fireball throwing Sean

Street Fighter V slated for spring 2016

Street Fighter V will launch for PlayStation 4 and PC in spring 2016, according to a Capcom Unity blog post detailing the company’s PAX East merchandise.

“Everyone is fired up for Street Fighter V coming to the PS4 and PC next spring,” the post reads. “Until then, you can sport the official Street Fighter V key art T-shirt, which features Ryu in a heroic pose, for $25.”

Until now, the game was not given a release frame.

PlayStation 4 owners will have plenty to play in the meantime. Ultra Street Fighter IV is due out on the console this spring. And a Street Fighter V online beta program also planned. Those who pre-order the game in North America will be automatically enrolled. Capcom has yet to share further details.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/03/street-fighter-v-slated-spring-2016#xgA86iVLa8ZvRt1G.99

Watched the Capcom Fighters stream all day.

Highlights were definitely Arturo Sanchez beasting with his Dhalsim.

Top 8 is Snakeyez, Art, Kazunoko, Fuudo, Xian, Dieminion, Momochi And Emp Hiro (which has created drama because of floating brackets).

Happy for Snake Eyes but evil Ryu's mix ups are too cheesy. Way too many over head options.

Xian's gen takes it all though

I feel like Momochi and Kaz will probably be the grand finals. Xian and Die are the dark horses.

And Snake was simply counter picking. But I can't hate. Money is on the line.

Be interested to see the fall out of the Bracket floating situation. Knew things were going to be brought up after how the brackets were being handled.

Xian has been the second place man for a while but I want him to win.

The matches were crazy yesterday. Young Art showing he still has it.

Momochi's pocket Elena and Snakeeyes pocket Evil Ryu. :wow:

Everyone wants that money, no playing around.

You think people counter picking now....just wait until that 100k is on the line it a gonna get real

Bison players get so close but he'll probably never win a major I might go to top 8 later depending on how much it is

Yup, just like when Xian picked Dhalsim against Daigo in the last Capcom cup.

Everyone is developing secret pocket characters.

Hard to find really good Bison players but it's because he gets nerfed a lot. His ultra 2 used to have opponents shook because for brief second he was the king of spacing. But of course they scaled damage down on it but I'm not mad though because EX psycho crusher is still a top 10 move.

In terms of pocket character it's kind of lame just off the strength that character that are being pocketed are higher tier. You wanna put some fear into somebody, whip out a Hakan or Dan. I don't think anybody in tourneys know how to fight them. Anybody can pull out the big time shotos like Ken or Akuma to win

Last edited:
Hard to find really good Bison players but it's because he gets nerfed a lot. His ultra 2 used to have opponents shook because for brief second he was the king of spacing. But of course they scaled damage down on it but I'm not mad though because EX psycho crusher is still a top 10 move.

In terms of pocket character it's kind of lame just off the strength that character that are being pocketed are higher tier. You wanna put some fear into somebody, whip out a Hakan or Dan. I don't think anybody in tourneys know how to fight them. Anybody can pull out the big time shotos like Ken or Akuma to win

Hakan is on another level as long as he's oiled up(pause)

And Dizzy Dan has some crazy stun combos but its still things that hold them back

Well Xian demonstrated he could beat Momochi after Capcom Cup. Momochi was great as well as Kaz.

Really wish we could've had an American in the finals. Seems like our players are playing multiple games which can take some of their focus.

On the topic of pocket characters, etc. Xian has an Elena, Dhalsim, Rolento, etc.

I think if Daigo had a pocket Yun, he'd probably mitigate some of the E Ryu bad match ups he chooses to ride out.

Sometimes you have to be able to substitute.

Last edited:
Well Xian demonstrated he could beat Momochi after Capcom Cup. Momochi was great as well as Kaz.

Really wish we could've had an American in the finals. Seems like our players are playing multiple games which can take some of their focus.

On the topic of pocket characters, etc. Xian has an Elena, Dhalsim, Rolento, etc.

I think if Daigo had a pocket Yun, he'd probably mitigate some of the E Ryu bad match ups he chooses to ride out.

He used to play him back when he put Ryu on the back burner

I don't think Daigo would ever counterpick, just cuz he is like that. I'm 100% sure Daigo knows how to play yun, he just refuses to pick him. On another note, he always plays terrible versus Kazu in 2/3s. 

I wanted Young Art to take it. He had me on the edge of my seat during his matches. Lots of good reads and reactions. Momochi just step kicked his way into a victory against Art. His Ken is really good. Dieminion is always finding ways to stick it out with Guile. He took it to Bonchan and controlled the match. It always blows my mind how great he plays from the corner. He just doesn't feel the pressure at all and seems comfortable on that position.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom