STREET FIGHTER

Well from what I noticed ypu gotta anti air more and any time you paried it didnt lead to anything

Yeah. Wasn't expecting the parry to land :lol:

I actually ordered a fight stick so hopefully I can get a little better. I can't execute with the analog stick. I can't even dash well

Last edited:
Good games the other day dude! In our games I think you had good movement and understanding of the situations. Playing against you, it def felt like it was execution holding you back. Toy around with normal buttons and you'll see you can get pretty far with them. All the motion inputs can be learned in training mode, but I feel getting used to buttons is something better learned on the job.

Yeah I definitely have at least an idea of how the game works.

I don't know the characters though. I didn't have a clue what Zangief could even do.

So it has been awhile since I practiced with the D-pad and you are right. It is MUCH better.

I think I just got better at the game and can use it better.

Should I keep the fight stick?

We should get a list.

I won't be on again until the weekend but please send me an invite.

Once again my ID is BlairMKSF

Each character is 100k fight money . If you guys aren't up on the weekly challenges it's a quick way to get FM as well . Certain "missions " will give u an easy 5k in FM.

Welcome to Season 2 of Street Fighter V!

As Combofiend mentioned in his blogpost, the team has been hard at work ensuring the 2017 season of Street Fighter V is its best yet! We’ve been paying attention all year long and these balance changes are the combined result of Capcom Pro Tour tournaments, online play, player feedback, and internal testing. The goal was to ensure a rich, diverse gameplay experience with each character that both players and spectators can enjoy.

In addition to the balance changes, you’ll find a few other features included in the patch:

Direct Input controller support

We are happy to announce that Street Fighter V on Steam now officially supports Direct Input controllers. You’ll find this in the Other Settings section of Options.

Background Music Select

In Battle Settings, you’ll now be able to select your preferred music in Training and Versus Modes as well as Casual and Ranked matches.

Fighter Profile Radar Charts

Additional updates and fixes have been implemented into Fighter Profiles.

Updated Rage Quit System

The current Rage Quit System has resulted in a significant decrease in rage quitting. That said, we always planned to take this one step further and are ready to further address the issue with this update. In addition to losing League Points and being locked out of online matchmaking for a set time, the following additions have been made to the system:

• Matchmaking Update - Players who frequently disconnect during matches will now be more likely to be matched up with other players who exhibit similar behavior. The same applies for honorable players who rarely, if ever disconnect; they will be matched up with similar players.
  • Player Profile Icons - The worst offenders and the most honorable players will also have a special icon displayed on their Fighter Profiles.
  • League Points Deduction – Anytime a player disconnects during a match, their League Points will be deducted as if it was a loss.
For character-specific changes, we’ve created a handy pdf for easy access. You can download it here.

Overall

• Many adjustments have been made to invincible moves that don't use meter. Since there was a big difference between characters who had invincible moves and those who didn't, such as a Shoryuken, many changes have been made to moves that were invincible with no cost.
  • Parameters and hit situations for all normal throws have been adjusted. Changes have been made to characters who can loop throws at the edge of the screen. Even after the adjustments, there will be some characters who can loop throws, as those parameters have been adjusted less compared to other characters.
  • Due to changes to the game, some general attacks have been adjusted for each character. Along with changes 1 and 2, and the other changes to the game, characters who were able to attack more often and had a long reach became significantly stronger. Due to this, regardless of the strength of the character, general attacks for all characters have been adjusted.  

• I'm going through the PDF now.
    It's 92 pages long :lol: :wow:

Each character is 100k fight money . If you guys aren't up on the weekly challenges it's a quick way to get FM as well . Certain "missions " will give u an easy 5k in FM.
Clearing that lame *** story mode will give you 10K per character cleared.

Clearing survival on easy will give you 5K and on normal it will give you 10K per character.

It sucks that there seems to be only one set of alternate costumes that can be bought with fight money.

I still can't understand why Capcom would pull off a risky move like this by having nothing but new characters, with the exception of Akuma. As if they can afford to be risky. The smart move would've been to announce someone ultra popular, like Sagat, Sakura or Q as the final character of season 2 to keep people haging on. And have one more older character in the middle of the season, so that it's half old and half new characters.

I will go on the record and say that I rarely like new characters.

It my be the reason why I didn't go in on MKX like I did MK9

Should have been a character from each of the main games.

One from SFII, Alpha,Third strike, SFIV and a brand new character. Maybe swap a SFIV character since it's not that old.

I haven't ever gotten into SF but what ever happened to E. Honda and Blanka?

Isn't it a little weird to have s SF without them?

So it has been awhile since I practiced with the D-pad and you are right. It is MUCH better.

I think I just got better at the game and can use it better.

Should I keep the fight stick?

Its all about comfort. It took me a long time to feel somewhat comfortable when I was learning stick. Try to practice and play often. If you having issues doing special moves, enable the option to see what directions/buttons you're pressing and see where you're making mistakes.

Which ever you like the best I say learn and play on that.

Last edited:
Man I think I may return it.

I jumped from bronze to ultra bronze in an hour.

The difference was insane. I just need more practice.

Back
Top Bottom