Supreme Court Strikes Down DOMA Vol: IN B4 NINJAHOOD

Just think about how many parents children will be able to have :wow: Or... the fact that your stepmom can be your sister... or grandmother... Or fathers can marry their daughters and mothers can marry their sons... Can't help who you love :nthat:

EDIT: And it all be recognized by the federal government... for tax purposes :smokin
Congrats ... you got quoted.

Rest easy famb.

Just think about how many parents children will be able to have :wow: Or... the fact that your stepmom can be your sister... or grandmother... Or fathers can marry their daughters and mothers can marry their sons... Can't help who you love :nthat:

EDIT: And it all be recognized by the federal government... for tax purposes :smokin

There are certain arguments that people make that instantly lets me know someone is stupid.

Im shocked you didnt bring up animals

There are certain arguments that people make that instantly lets me know someone is stupid.

I didn't bring up animals because they aren't consenting adults... Are you equating polygamy and incest to beastiality? :smh: bigot

I think Aziz Ansari said it best.

"Now, my whole take on, you know, the gay rights issues, particularly gay marriage, is, let's be honest, If you're against gay marriage, you just don't like gay people, and you want to stick it to 'em, and I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same thing if I was presented with similar opportunities. Like, if there was a law up for debate where it was like, "hey, man, you think guys that wear tight t-shirts and get bottle service at nightclubs should be able to own property? " I'D BE LIKE, "No, screw those guys! " [laughs] Yeah, um, it violates the sanctity of owning property, and it says in the bible they're d-bags. Whatever I need to say so you don't think this is coming from purely a place of hate."

I didn't bring up animals because they aren't consenting adults... Are you equating polygamy and incest to beastiality? :smh: bigot

FACT: There have been numerous peer reviewed scientific studies that have proven that incestual and polygamous parental relationships are harmful psychologically to children's well-beings.

FACT: No peer reviewed scientific studies conducted have shown that homosexual parental relationships have had a negative psychological effect on their children.

FACT: The judicial system has taken all the data into consideration and ruled that incestual, bestiality, or polygamous relationships are not equal to homosexual relationships with regards to adopting or raising children and that they should not be available for creating a civil union because of their harmful effects.

Go take your sarcasm elsewhere.

Congrats ... you got quoted.

Rest easy famb.

Clearly you missed the point :rolleyes I have no problem with gay or lesbian marriage. You should be able to love and be with whoever you want to. My issue is this need to basically redefine marriage through the government. When this is done it opens the flood gates to incest and polygamy, due to the fact that it is the "right" of consenting adults. Let's be honest... the only reason to get the government involved is for tax purposes because being gay isn't illegal... So polygamist would have a field day with tax incentives. That's what I mean by slippery slope... We all pay taxes... that's the issue... in case y'all missed it

Clearly you missed the point :rolleyes I have no problem with gay or lesbian marriage. You should be able to love and be with whoever you want to. My issue is this need to basically redefine marriage through the government. When this is done it opens the flood gates to incest and polygamy, due to the fact that it is the "right" of consenting adults. Let's be honest... the only reason to get the government involved is for tax purposes because being gay isn't illegal... So polygamist would have a field day with tax incentives. That's what I mean by slippery slope... We all pay taxes... that's the issue... in case y'all missed it
sarcasm meter was broken...

my apologies, famb...

FACT: There have been numerous peer reviewed scientific studies that have proven that incestual and polygamous parental relationships are harmful psychologically to children's well-beings.

FACT: No peer reviewed scientific studies conducted have shown that homosexual parental relationships have had a negative psychological effect on their children.

FACT: The judicial system has taken all the data into consideration and ruled that incestual, bestiality, or polygamous relationships are not equal to homosexual relationships with regards to adopting or raising children and that they should not be available for creating a civil union because of their harmful effects.

Why are you involving children?... what in the world does that have to do with two or more consenting adults that love each other getting married :nerd: Tons of married couples don't have children...

Why are you involving children?... what in the world does that have to do with two or more consenting adults that love each other getting married :nerd: Tons of married couples don't have children...

Because that's what the courts have used to rule that polygamists, bestiality lovers, and incestual relationships can't enter into a civil union.

If you want to open the debate up to "they should be able to get married but they can't adopt or have kids" that's a whole other can of worms. The judicial system took it at the higher level of "we're protecting the family structure" and stopped it right then and there rather than having to deal with regulating the criteria of who and can't have kids.

You can rail on that aspect of the debate all you want but to say this will open the flood-gates for tax purposes is just ludicrous since there's already legal precedent for it not being able to occur. One of the main debates that conservative religious people used to try to strike down gay marriage is that it was detrimental to the psychological development of children.

Last edited:
Because that's what the courts have used to rule that polygamists, bestiality lovers, and incestual relationships can't enter into a civil union.

If you want to open the debate up to "they should be able to get married but they can't adopt or have kids" that's a whole other can of worms. The judicial system took it at the higher level of "we're protecting the family structure" and stopped it right then and there rather than having to deal with regulating the criteria of who and can't have kids.

You can rail on that aspect of the debate all you want but to say this will open the flood-gates for tax purposes is just ludicrous since there's already legal precedent for it not being able to occur. One of the main debates that conservative religious people used to try to strike down gay marriage is that it was detrimental to the psychological development of children.

Others arguments really have nothing to do with mine... The government already restricts who can have children... (incest is illegal) Regardless of what you are saying it would open the door. There is absolutely no reason incest marriages or polygamist marriages shouldn't have the same rights under the "consenting adults who love and want to be together" idea. If this happens, denying polygamist the same tax benefits would be a violation of their civil rights.... Can't argue one and be against the others. As far as beastiality I think it's pretty clear that is irrelevant.

I understand what you're saying hybrid and I don't know enough of what studies were done, funded by what groups for what purposes etc to say which about gay or polygamy parents. I do know that the "structure" of a family would have a male and female parental figure. The results of this are tbd. But it has already been seen that the lack of a mother or father can affect a child. So the effects of gay parents on children will be seen over time. Either way, it's done and the country needs to move on to more important things.

It's truly sad that you don't see that one is legal and the other isn't. Prostitution is between two consenting adults and it's not legal. I don't see your point.

Prostitution is illegal due to public health and safety concerns and the fact that the government can't tax it. Not the same thing at all.

Its legal in a few countries.

Last edited:
Anyone offended by the incest argument is a joke because all it is is something taboo much like being gay was once seen but you guys are too stubborn to admit it.

Just wait til your daughter is 18 to marry her.

and in before defective babies, there also exists gay incest. :wow:

Call it what it is and stop fronting.

Besides this whole 18 year old thing is something exclusive to the U.S. different societies have different ages of consent and or what they consider an adult. so yeah throw some youngings in there too.

I understand what you're saying hybrid and I don't know enough of what studies were done, funded by what groups for what purposes etc to say which about gay or polygamy parents. I do know that the "structure" of a family would have a male and female parental figure. The results of this are tbd. But it has already been seen that the lack of a mother or father can affect a child. So the effects of gay parents on children will be seen over time. Either way, it's done and the country needs to move on to more important things.

Actually it's not!
http://www.cwla.org/programs/culture/glbtqposition.htm

The number of children in America currently being raised by gay, lesbian, or bisexual parents is unknown. Resistance to lesbian and gay rights continues to force many lesbian and gay people to remain silent about their sexual orientation and relationships. But several studies indicate the numbers of children with same-sex parents in America are significant. According to the 2000 U.S. Census, there are approximately 600,000 same-sex couples in the United States (Simmons & O'Connell, 2003). More than 30% of these couples have at least one child, and over half of that 30% have two or more children. Therefore, parents of the same sex are raising at least 200,000 children--possibly more than 400,000--in America (these numbers do not include single lesbian or single gay parents). The 2000 U.S. Census also reported that lesbian and gay families live in 99.3% of all U.S. counties (Smith & Gates, 2001). A 1995 National Health and Social Life Survey by E.O. Lauman found that up to nine million children in America have gay or lesbian parents (Committee on Psychosocial Aspects of Child and Family Health, 2002).

Based on more than three decades of social science research and our 85 years of service to millions of families, CWLA believes that families with LGBTQ members deserve the same levels of support afforded other families. Any attempt to preclude or prevent gay, lesbian, and bisexual individuals or couples from parenting, based solely on their sexual orientation, is not in the best interest of children.

CWLA, therefore, affirms that gay, lesbian, and bisexual parents are as well suited to raise children as their heterosexual counterparts.

But hey you can ignore facts and go with the Religious dogma!

Its legal in a few countries.

I gotta say it again. We are talking US laws. My other post also pointed out that polygamy is legal in other countries as well and so is gay marriage. I'll say it in ninja talk for you: we talkin' bout da way da gubment decides what is legal or not. The US government decides what legal or not and have whatever reason for doing so. And I'll say it again, they most likely don't want prostitution legal because they can't tax it. (I can give one damn if a dude needs to visit a skeezoid, no different than blowing cash on some skeezoid in a bar that you don't even know if she is puttin out IMO). Same reason that weed isn't legal yet. When they came come up with terms to tax it, the hay is gonna be everywhere. Last time I speak on it, fo real dis time.

Last edited:
I am a strong believer that a person can disagree with what happened today and still not hate homosexuals. Just because somebody doesn't share the same viewpoint as you doesn't mean that they have hate in their hearts or wish ill-will against those who disagree with them.

I respect everybody's opinion and my hope is that my opinion is likewise respected.

i've said it once, and i'll continue to say it in every thread like this...

LET THEM GAY DUDES COOK...

cuz in actuality... nobody really has a problem with men/women, women/women, women/ostrich, men/women/women/women marriage...

people just dont like the thought of two burley gay dudes locking lips. it creeps folks out, makes them flaccid, and is the MAIN propenent of why people dont want gay folks getting marriad.

srsly.

images

i can't argue with this at all...the avg dude is good to go when it comes to lesbians. but when it comes to gay dudes its >D. i admit i am part of this. i have gay friends (lesbians really) but im cool with a couple gay dudes. its all good at the end of the day, they are people like everyone else and should be treated as such. and ill dap em up and chill with em no problem. dude on dude PDA is weird to me. i wont lie. but i don't lose sleep over it.

i personally believe that if religion never existed, this would never be as big an issue as it is today. MORE IMPORTANTLY, too many people in this country worry about gays marrying moreso than the real issues at hand.

rallies and protests, and advocate groups pushing special anti gay agendas.

...where are the rallies and marches for lower tuition costs? where are the protests, petitions, where are all the groups to advocate a vastly better education system? where's the public outcry over the real social issues that affect every single citizen on a daily basis? terrorism is a fun topic in today's society and media, but terrorists killed only a few thousand in this country in the past decade.

the number of americans killed on our own soil through gun violence, with legal and illegal guns, numbers in the millions. but that is hardly a concern.

instead we focus on ridiculous issues like gay marriage, and preventing women to decide what THEY want to do with their unwanted pregnancies... :smh: and preventing blacks and latinos from voting so white republicans like ninjahood can take over the country.

word to Jeff Daniels in the Newsroom, this is a FAR from perfect country as too many believe. we have to do better, because as a society we are failing. badly.

Actually it's not!

Fool take your lame *** outta here and learn to read while you're at it. Where did I once mention religion or even that I am even a religious person.

I am a strong believer that a person can disagree with what happened today and still not hate homosexuals. Just because somebody doesn't share the same viewpoint as you doesn't mean that they have hate in their hearts or wish ill-will against those who disagree with them.

I respect everybody's opinion and my hope is that my opinion is likewise respected.
I'm sure there are people that respectfully disagree, but they still fight for the freedom and equality of others. 

However, there are people that actively fight against marriage equality while simultaneously trying to argue that they aren't bigots. They're going out of their way to oppose something that will have next to no impact on their lives while trying to say that they have nothing against the people they oppose. That makes very little sense. 

Actually it's not!

Right... Ur adding religion to it... No one else is... And as far as your studies go... You can twist statistics however you want really in a peer reviewed journal... I know... I've written some... They always have a bias and an organization paying for the result they want...

EDIT: ALMOST always have a bias. Also, I do not think that gay couples will have any issue successfully raising children anymore than a straight couple. That said, I think incest couples and polygamist will have the same relative success (aside from maybe bullying due to social stigmas.

I'm sure there are people that respectfully disagree, but they still fight for the freedom and equality of others. 

However, there are people that actively fight against marriage equality while simultaneously trying to argue that they aren't bigots. They're going out of their way to oppose something that will have next to no impact on their lives while trying to say that they have nothing against the people they oppose. That makes very little sense. 

The fight would be against the redefining of marriage to "consenting adults". I'm all for equality, be with whoever you want.... But if you cant see the CLEAR tax implications of the slippery slope of redefining marriage then I really don't know how to break it down further. The entire idea of defining marriage through the government is for tax incentives.Taxes affect everyone.

Last edited:
I would be interested to see what NT thinks of the resultant complications from this decision, and the larger obstacle for marriage equality in this country which is the argument for States' rights.

As someone who has lived outside of the United States for a long period of time I recognize that States' rights is an obstacle for the passage of marriage equality laws which ultimately are a civil right that affects every American. The decision to strike down DOMA today simply highlights the absurdity of the States' rights argument as it relates to marriage as same-sex couples with legitimate marriage certificates who move to states that do not approve of same-sex marriage will not have their legal marriages viewed so anymore by the federal government.

The entire States' rights argument is very outdated and illogical to me, especially in its relation to marriage equality in this country.

Back
Top Bottom