Switching barbers in the same shop?

I usually try every barber in the shop once and I tell them all that's what Im gonna do.
May the best barber with attention to detail win me.

I also pay attention to stuff like professionalism..my pet peeves with barbers are

Stopping to dap or fist pump random customers walking in while cutting my hair
I personally hate when customers come in and gotta go down the line of chairs and dap and slap hands with every barber while they are cutting heads
its unsanitary period

When barbers stop to cycle through music on thier laptop or phone while cutting
Trying to squeeze late appointment customers in front of me...talking about I'm gonna cut him real quick before you ok I got you my bad fam
Excessive cursing and using the N word when women and children senior citizens are in the shop

This is all important to me because I'm paying for a service and I always tip well

he can't greet customers that frequent the establishment?
can't change the music?
dog, if you're barber is nice with it, he's going to become a popular figure in the community.
people are going to want to show respect.
& squeezing appointments in prior to yours says more about you than you're barber lol
YOU'RE the one allowing it.
a salon might be better for you.

My barber isn't a crisp as he once was.
I'm going to have to find a new one whenever I move back home.
I'm going to have to find a new shop though. Would never go to a different barber in the same shop.
He's held me down since I was like 11. I'm 25 now, but I've endured enough average cuts and lineups.

Last edited:
     Just wanted to know if it would be wrong to switch barbers in the same shop? Background this is a new shop and only went there 1 time so I'm not a regular there. Me and the guy that cut my hair had a good  chat and he cut my hair pretty good. Its just that its another barber "the co-owner" in the shop that I would like to try and I just don't want t to be awkward going there and the other guy see me going to the other barber.
    I only been there once 2 weeks ago so I don't eve know if he'd remember me. But from past experiences when I went to a barbershop for the first time, and the guy available cuts your hair, It seems they expect that you are they customer for now on and I just go with it. But I'd just like to try the other guy out before picking a regular barber at that shop. What are your thoughts on this? I love the atmosphere of this new barbershop btw so I don't want to make waves. Thanks in advance.

If you don't have the OG barber's # in your contacts, then you're good fam....

I wouldn't sweat it.

*OT, there was a barbershop across from St. John's when I went called Headquarters. One of the barbers, named Mouse, was the most unsanitary dude I've ever seen cut hair in my life. He smelled like a trash can and one day, I saw him eating tasty cake powdered donuts...licking his fingers, then putting his hand on the head of the person while using the clippers... :x

he can't greet customers that frequent the establishment?
can't change the music?
dog, if you're barber is nice with it, he's going to become a popular figure in the community.
people are going to want to show respect.
& squeezing appointments in prior to yours says more about you than you're barber lol
YOU'RE the one allowing it.
a salon might be better for you.
Typing on laptops and phones are unsanitary while cutting a clients hair....PERIOD!

Any real professional barber washes thier hands before and after every client.

What don't you understand about that????

Would you like us to draw you a diagram of germ meets hands????

You're not the brightest bulb on here I tell ya

Last edited:
Typing on laptops and phones are unsanitary while cutting a clients hair....PERIOD!
Any real profession barber washes thier hands before and after every client.

What don't you understand about that????
Would you like us to draw you a diagram of germ meets hands????
Your not the brightest bulb on here I tell ya
View media item 1511072

trash .GIFs won't negate the fact that you're soft and your barber cuts your hair when he's good and ready lol

Ive never been to a barber in the NYC area that washes their hands between every cut. No one does that b. :lol:

Curious to if dude is black. In my 25 years, I've never seen a barber wash his hands between cuts.

trash .GIFs won't negate the fact that you're soft and your barber cuts your hair when he's good and ready lol
Resorting to nan nan na boo boo mode now huh?
laugh.gif

[h1] [/h1]

see The Barber (Seinfeld S. 5 E. 8)

Lol I actually watched it yesterday.. Lol.. It made matters worse for me. I'm taking a gamble because if the owner isn't as good as the first guy that cut my hair I will be screwed because I'll have to go back to him with my tail between my legs.. Lol

Man I miss getting a crispy *** cut. I've got long hair, thinking about chopping it. Nothing like that feeling coming out the shop, ready to mack. 

Last edited:
So you fools mean to tell me you let your barber put his nasty hands on your head and face after he done cut some dandruffed clients head with the clippers hes touching and swapping out blade heads with?????

Lemme guess yall also getting straight razor shaves from them too????

Last edited:
So you fools mean to tell me you let your barber put his nasty hands on your head and face after he done cut some dandruffed clients head with the clippers hes touching and swapping out blade heads with?????

Man, go back to that salon in Connecticut or wherever you from. :lol:

My main guy is alwaaaaaaaays out of the shop. Dude is on call for several TV shows so he's not in the shop multiple times a month.

I go to the guy literally right next to him & it isn't an issue at all. He actually referred me to him :lol:

Then whenever he gets back I go back. Not an issue. But it's a unique situation. If he was in the shop everyday I probably wouldn't do it :lol:

*shrugs* Never had a problem or got anything from the barber not washing his hands. I do pay attention to if they sanitize the clippers & other tools though, still no problems.

You should be good OP. I'd do the same, shoot it is your money. :lol:

The commentary in here tho :lol:

My barber like a steaky 6th man, half the time the cut is on point, the other half of the time, I'm pissed thinking about how I'm gonna have two damn hairlines in a couple of days :lol:

thats-enough-internet-for-today.gif

You wouldn't think, but dudes be in their feelings.

This.

I been ducking my barber since Jan. I went in early thinking he wouldn't be in there yesterday. There were 2 guys in front of me at the barber at rather cut me now. As soon as I sat down my OG barber walked in. I hit him with the long time no see, he said I don't call him anymore.

Back
Top Bottom