Switching to straight razors? Anyone else made/making that transition?

I've been using a straight razor for about 3 years now and it's been great. Get a good brush and shaving soap. It helps a lot with moisturizing your face and softening you're facial hair.
A really good brand is http://www.theartofshaving.com/ They've got some money stuff.

I shave every other day, and sharpen the razor on a strop every time i shave. The longer you wait between shaves, the more irritation you'll get when shaving. And I always shave after a shower.

I use straight edge for lining myself up....soo crisp, but you're gonna end up slicing yourself a couple times

I use straight edge for lining myself up....soo crisp, but you're gonna end up slicing yourself a couple times

damn I think it's time I ditch the mach 3 and get a straight edge.
could someone tell me why the need for the brush to apply the shaving cream though...aren't your hands enough to suffice?

could someone tell me why the need for the brush to apply the shaving cream though...aren't your hands enough to suffice?

i been self using the double edge razor for since i was like 16.. just take the blade and do it with you hands..
onces you get the art down you'll look like you paid 20cash for a shape up..

i been self using the double edge razor for since i was like 16.. just take the blade and do it with you hands..
onces you get the art down you'll look like you paid 20cash for a shape up..

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

it helps to lift the hair off your face for a closer shave. plus it feels awesome

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

it helps to lift the hair off your face for a closer shave. plus it feels awesome

Originally Posted by eight2one

same here.
The art of male grooming has been lost. Nobody goes to a barber shop to get a shave anymore.

Originally Posted by eight2one

same here.
The art of male grooming has been lost. Nobody goes to a barber shop to get a shave anymore.

Back
Top Bottom