Synchronicity...has anyone experienced it?

In his article Synchronicity, An AcausalConnecting Principle, Carl G. Jung gives an example which has,over time, become famous: "A young woman I was treating had, at acritical moment, a dream in which she was given a golden scarab.While she was telling me this dream I sat with my back to the closedwindow. Suddenly I heard a noise behind me, like a gentle tapping. Iturned round and saw a flying insect knocking against the window-panefrom outside. I opened the window and caught the creature in the airas it flew in. It was the nearest analogy to a golden scarab that onefinds in our latitudes, a scarabaeid beetle, the common rose-chafer(Cetonia aurata), which contrary to its usual habits had evidentlyfelt an urge to get into a dark room at this particular moment."

In his article Synchronicity, An AcausalConnecting Principle, Carl G. Jung gives an example which has,over time, become famous: "A young woman I was treating had, at acritical moment, a dream in which she was given a golden scarab.While she was telling me this dream I sat with my back to the closedwindow. Suddenly I heard a noise behind me, like a gentle tapping. Iturned round and saw a flying insect knocking against the window-panefrom outside. I opened the window and caught the creature in the airas it flew in. It was the nearest analogy to a golden scarab that onefinds in our latitudes, a scarabaeid beetle, the common rose-chafer(Cetonia aurata), which contrary to its usual habits had evidentlyfelt an urge to get into a dark room at this particular moment."

So basically something that happens in someone else's dream, happens in real life? I haven't had that happen but I've had things happen to me in real life that were similar to dreams that I've had.

So basically something that happens in someone else's dream, happens in real life? I haven't had that happen but I've had things happen to me in real life that were similar to dreams that I've had.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Doesn't necessarily have to be dream related.

Just a startling coincidence that goes against the laws of probability.

"Irrational phenomena, meaningful coincidences"

Maybe you have been thinking about something deeply and it pops up out of nowhere.

The French writer Émile Deschamps claims in his memoirs that in 1805, he was treated to some plum pudding by a stranger named Monsieur de Fontgibu. Ten years later, the writer encountered plum pudding on the menu of a Paris restaurant and wanted to order some, but the waiter told him that the last dish had already been served to another customer, who turned out to be de Fontgibu. Many years later, in 1832, Deschamps was at a dinner and once again ordered plum pudding. He recalled the earlier incident and told his friends that only de Fontgibu was missing to make the setting complete—and in the same instant, the now senile de Fontgibu entered the room.

Doesn't necessarily have to be dream related.

Just a startling coincidence that goes against the laws of probability.

"Irrational phenomena, meaningful coincidences"

Maybe you have been thinking about something deeply and it pops up out of nowhere.

The French writer Émile Deschamps claims in his memoirs that in 1805, he was treated to some plum pudding by a stranger named Monsieur de Fontgibu. Ten years later, the writer encountered plum pudding on the menu of a Paris restaurant and wanted to order some, but the waiter told him that the last dish had already been served to another customer, who turned out to be de Fontgibu. Many years later, in 1832, Deschamps was at a dinner and once again ordered plum pudding. He recalled the earlier incident and told his friends that only de Fontgibu was missing to make the setting complete—and in the same instant, the now senile de Fontgibu entered the room.

What exactly does it mean if something like this happens, though? I think I've actually had this happen to me several times this year and they weren't dream-related.

What exactly does it mean if something like this happens, though? I think I've actually had this happen to me several times this year and they weren't dream-related.

For people that have done ecstasy, I like to call this an "ecstasy moment" because it seems to happen more often when I'm rollin'.

Example: A few of my friends are at Ikea at like 4:00pm (random time) and I just popped some E so I decide to go along with them. A while later, I get a call from my best friend and her girlfriend who also somehow decided to roll at the same time on the same day (ecstasy is not something that we do very often). We talked for a few minutes and it was a beautiful and spiritual connection that I will never forget.

Edit- Occurrences like this are why I believe in SOME KIND of higher power (not necessarily a god, per se).

For people that have done ecstasy, I like to call this an "ecstasy moment" because it seems to happen more often when I'm rollin'.

Example: A few of my friends are at Ikea at like 4:00pm (random time) and I just popped some E so I decide to go along with them. A while later, I get a call from my best friend and her girlfriend who also somehow decided to roll at the same time on the same day (ecstasy is not something that we do very often). We talked for a few minutes and it was a beautiful and spiritual connection that I will never forget.

Edit- Occurrences like this are why I believe in SOME KIND of higher power (not necessarily a god, per se).

If you turn on the radio in your car and it has a song that relates directly to what you are thinking about, that doesn't mean that the radio is literally "speaking to you" (except in the sense that the Universe is communicating to you in a way that you may interpret for your own guidance). Another person on the other side of town may very well be having a similar experience with that same song at the same time if they are also aware of synchronicity. As humanity becomes more attuned and operates in harmony, we will find that we all go through similar cycles. Astrology and Biorhythm Analysis are based on the idea that we go through cyclical phases. If you understand that we are all spiritually interconnected then it makes much more sense. If one part of the body is ill, the other part is likely to be affected.Our great goal is to stop fighting against our cosmic body...stop fighting against each other...and thus stop fighting against ourselves.Synchronicity is the principle that can help us become aware not only of our individual goals and issues, but of our universal connectedness. As we work harmoniously towards ending war, hunger, and poverty, we will exponentially increase our power. We will find that we are all guided towards the same goal which is to live in a constant state of unconditional love, fully accepting ourselves and others as they are. In this environment we will know what it truly means to be human.

If you turn on the radio in your car and it has a song that relates directly to what you are thinking about, that doesn't mean that the radio is literally "speaking to you" (except in the sense that the Universe is communicating to you in a way that you may interpret for your own guidance). Another person on the other side of town may very well be having a similar experience with that same song at the same time if they are also aware of synchronicity. As humanity becomes more attuned and operates in harmony, we will find that we all go through similar cycles. Astrology and Biorhythm Analysis are based on the idea that we go through cyclical phases. If you understand that we are all spiritually interconnected then it makes much more sense. If one part of the body is ill, the other part is likely to be affected.Our great goal is to stop fighting against our cosmic body...stop fighting against each other...and thus stop fighting against ourselves.Synchronicity is the principle that can help us become aware not only of our individual goals and issues, but of our universal connectedness. As we work harmoniously towards ending war, hunger, and poverty, we will exponentially increase our power. We will find that we are all guided towards the same goal which is to live in a constant state of unconditional love, fully accepting ourselves and others as they are. In this environment we will know what it truly means to be human.

Quite a lot ,I see you haze! I've had it happened a few times actually and when in does I just laugh. Its one of those divine moments when you really see the beauty in you creative existence.

Quite a lot ,I see you haze! I've had it happened a few times actually and when in does I just laugh. Its one of those divine moments when you really see the beauty in you creative existence.

Quite a lot ,I see you haze! I've had it happened a few times actually and when in does I just laugh. Its one of those divine moments when you really see the beauty in your creative existence.

Back
Top Bottom