T-Mobile Project Dark- $50 Unlimited Everything Plan!? UPDATE: IT'S UP!!! T-Mobile.com!!!

Originally Posted by trunks206

There has to be a catch...I'm with T-mobile and at times thier service sucks but that is a hell of a deal.

I'll wait and see.

sweet
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lysolflow

but if you get done to the nitty gritty... sidekick 2009 beats any blackberry you can throw out there...
Really?
I have a curve 8330 from 2 years ago and it even beats the sidekick 09

- Battery life... Stand-by: Up to 356 hr compared to sidekick 192
- network.. i always have service... sidekicks always loose service.. and didnt you just recently have like a 3 day where you didnt have service at all?sidekicks you always have to turn on and off airplane mode to get service.
- blackberry messenger 5.0.. HAVE YOU SEEN IT!?
pimp.gif
you can do conferences,share pictures and people can comment it,. right on the bbm,.. broadcasting messeges, we can back up our contact list, use bar codes to scan people into ourcontacts
-blackberry apps > sidekick apps
-blackberry email with html > sidekick email
- blackberry home screen > sidekick homescreen.. we can set it up however we want.. customize everything into folders and such.. hide apps and folders, movearound everything.. sidekicks cant
- Blackberrys support google voice... sidekicks dont
-blackberry google maps with street view
- sprint power vision on blackberry .. we can watch TV right on our phones... disney channel, sports, news... w.e
we beeeen has youtube, myspace, facebook.. we can even sync our contacts with facebook.. and their contact pic updates everytime they change it on fb
the new blackberry aim, has statuses, icons, being able to send files over aim, save conversation history,
and screen size? the blackberry screen is perfect.. not to big not to small.. sidekick 09 looks bulky

in conclusion blackberry > sidekick

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

but if you get done to the nitty gritty... sidekick 2009 beats any blackberry you can throw out there...
Really?

- network.. i always have service... sidekicks always loose service.. and didnt you just recently have like a 3 day where you didnt have service at all? sidekicks you always have to turn on and off airplane mode to get service.
pimp.gif
you can do conferences, share pictures and people can comment it,. right on the bbm,.. broadcasting messeges, we can back up our contact list, use bar codes to scan people into our contacts
- blackberry home screen > sidekick homescreen.. we can set it up however we want.. customize everything into folders and such.. hide apps and folders, move around everything.. sidekicks cant
- sprint power vision on blackberry .. we can watch TV right on our phones... disney channel, sports, news... w.e
we beeeen has youtube, myspace, facebook.. we can even sync our contacts with facebook.. and their contact pic updates everytime they change it on fb
the new blackberry aim, has statuses, icons, being able to send files over aim, save conversation history,
and screen size? the blackberry screen is perfect.. not to big not to small.. sidekick 09 looks bulky

People honestly still use sidekicks? Do sidekicks even have bluetooth?

BlackBerry> anyphone out there.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Smashing

GetThisMoney wrote:

BlackBerry Curve 8900 - no 3g

BlackBerry Tour 9630- no wifi

BlackBerry Curve 8520- lacks 3g and gps

only bb with a full screen is storm, which is utter trash.

All minor and again some carrier restrictions.
laugh.gif

having no 3g and payin triple digits on your bills is pathetic.

like i said da 2009 sidekick makes phones not named da iphone look overated.

im glad SOME people here actually does their technology homework on phones instead of just off suckin w/e's da flavor of da month.

Yall do realize, that even if you do have 3G, the sidekick creates the bottle neck (having to go through dangers servers (ole 56k phone) --hence makes it not3G speeds. Blackberry Tour has 3G and GPS...

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

symbian > iphone OS > web OS > sidekick's layout > windows mobile (only this far back if you dont know how to use custom roms... if you do, its ahead of web OS) > nokia phones w/ snake.> blackberry OS... lol....

Nokia just abandoned Symbian for Linux, so what does that
say. When it comes to smart phones, they always mention 2
for a reason..... iPhone & BlackBerry are the best ones doin
it.

No, those two are always mentioned because they're the most mainstream ones.

Really?

- network.. i always have service... sidekicks always loose service.. and didnt you just recently have like a 3 day where you didnt have service at all? sidekicks you always have to turn on and off airplane mode to get service.
pimp.gif
you can do conferences, share pictures and people can comment it,. right on the bbm,.. broadcasting messeges, we can back up our contact list, use bar codes to scan people into our contacts
- blackberry home screen > sidekick homescreen.. we can set it up however we want.. customize everything into folders and such.. hide apps and folders, move around everything.. sidekicks cant

You wanna really wanna compare? I'm not saying the BlackBerry isn't better, but...
Sidekick keyboard > BlackBerry keyboard. Matter of fact, Sidekick keyboard >>> ANY key board. FACT. Every review has agreed upon this
Sidekick web browser > BlackBerry web browser
Sidekick 3G > BlackBerry 3G
Sidekick AIM > BlackBerry AIM
Sidekick Twitter app > Twitterberry
Sidekick OS > BlackBerry OS

indifferent.gif

This just goes to show that the people that are talking #@#% about Sidekicks don't even know anything about them.

roll.gif

Sidekick has had Bluetooth since the Sidekick 3. & 3 Sidekicks have came out since then.

Slap a hero rom on the mytouch and you're pretty much good money.

Flash capabilities and all...

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

enh, true sero is only 500 mins. a month.

But @!++, i barely even hit 200 daytime mins used a month.

I'm at work until 5-6pm anyway, free starts at 7.
lol... well then you gucci... lol... this aint no good news for you... lol...

but for me, it is... i got SERO 50$ plan... and i'm go fed on my minutes... my gal got cricket and doesnt seem to understand that i dont...
laugh.gif

but if you wanna use phones like Instinct or Palm Pre, SERO doesnt cover those phones... so for those who are stuck w/ Simply Everything, this is straight...

besides, a service w/ a gsm network allows you to switch phones much much easier than somethin on a CDMA network... w/ sprint, you LOCKED DOWN into only sprintphones... w/ a GSM carrier, like t-mobile, you good w/ any unlocked phone... i like phones, and i have always been wanting to get into the power of unlockedphones.... i couldnt cuz i had Sprint...

the only outlet i had was custom roms that folks developed...

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

symbian > iphone OS > web OS > sidekick's layout > windows mobile (only this far back if you dont know how to use custom roms... if you do, its ahead of web OS) > nokia phones w/ snake.> blackberry OS... lol....

Nokia just abandoned Symbian for Linux, so what does that
say. When it comes to smart phones, they always mention 2
for a reason..... iPhone & BlackBerry are the best ones doin
it.
you right, you right... except the comment on blackberry...

Nokia just seems to get it right w/ smartphones... it dont matter fi its Symbian or Linux... they just get it...

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I honestly think if WinMo was more stable and didn't glitch so much, that WinMo phones would replace BlackBerries. What have they done as of lately to make them any better than when they came out? Change to color screens?

^^^ that's why you gotta get on the custom rom game, family...

MIGHTY MIKE'S rom has made my touch pro soooooooo gucci.. seriously... i been into cooked roms since i had the Mogul, and i promise you... it makes a CRAZYdifference. you can do alot of customizing... Windows Mobile has the most customizable interface if you know how to flash and cook roms... but alotta peopledont take the time cuz its a learning curve to it... had me stumblin around the internet for a couple days cuz i thought i bricked my mogul...
laugh.gif

Really?

pimp.gif

son... you can go a solid day and a half w/ moderate usage on a sidekick... not sure on black berry, but if it aint significantly more...like two or three days w/ a 1/4 battery left, then it aint really that relevant cuz if you away from a charger for more than three days, yo phone WILL godead... (i'm including usage here... who the heck cares about standby time?... lol... might as well turn the phone off)

blackberry screen tend to be small and cramped w/ too much information on the screen at one time... i havent toyed around w/ the most recent one, but i gothomeys who say its alotta flash w/ out the substance...

please dont compare internet clients cuz that doesnt make sense... why pay for a blackberry email, blackberry service, and anything else blackberry when itsall rolled up into the sidekick plan? $20 compared to $40-$60 bucks for the same things? come on, family...

all that facebook update nonsense.... sidekick right there w/ them... and just cuz its BEEN there doesnt mean sidekick aint caught up... facebook, myspace, andtwitter are as smooth on sidekick as dialing numbers and saving contacts... ITS WHAT THE PHONE IS MADE FOR, FAM...

Me personally... i dont really care cuz my Touch Pro on the Sprint Network kill all dat noise... lol... aint grabbed thetouch pro2, but its just the pro juiced up... and windows phone7 is lookin money....

and people really cant compare one reception to another cuz its different in diffeerent areas. for example, in houston, t-mobile has craaaaaazy good service.they even advertise that they have the least amount of dropped calls in the H... i was in high school, and when everyone walked into the building,everyone's phone was finito... no service, strugglin to roam... all of the cdma carriers (verizon, sprint, cricket, alltell, etc). t-mobile att folks wasstraight all day, everyday... was it cuz the GSM? maybe so...

it all depends on placement... some services are better than others in certain areas

^^^^
lol... your opinion was being considered... then was completely shattered w/ that statement... lmao...

you might was well stop talkin, family...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by King NJC

indifferent.gif

This just goes to show that the people that are talking #@#% about Sidekicks don't even know anything about them.

roll.gif

Sidekick has had Bluetooth since the Sidekick 3. & 3 Sidekicks have came out since then.

lmao... the homey KingNJC just straight SONNED toycollector... hahahahahahaha....
cats just be bashin and dont even know the perks...

i aint sayin blackberries are weak... i just dont prefer them b/c of the price you gotta pay monthly, and the way things are layed out... if i had to choosebetween an iphone and blackberry (cus they are roughly the same price a month)...

no competition... IPHONE >>> blackberry

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

More info!
Does one have to be eligible for this or can anyone do it?

they talkin about rolling it out at the end of october... it will just be a new plan offered, the way Sprint did w/ SimplyEverything....

Blackberries might be excluded but not all the way... you might have to pay a lil extra b/c RIM charges it... but for everything else (mytouch, g1, touch pro)its cool...

taxes are included, and you have to sign a two year contract... none of the flex pay stuff... once you in, you in... lol...

the phone's discounts might not be as low... so if you copped any of the smartphones on the low before, you straight... everybody else who signs up aftermay have to pay a lil more than before... so if you copped yo G1 for $150 w/ a new contract, you straight... but the price might go up to $200 or $250 w/ thenew contract when you sign up after ... credit checks are gonna be a bit stiffer, and deposits will go up.... they gotta make up the lost costs somewhere...lol.

.i seen this info somewhere, but lost the link... they gonna roll out some major network expansion w/ it, raising the coverage and service in a lot of areas...

THIS IS ALL SPECULATIVE INFORMATION... i wish i had the link, but the article said not to be absolute on the information because t-mobile is really keepingthis underwraps...

I called yesterday...you must HAVE 22 consecutive months with Tmobile.

Project Dark is open to family plans, individuals,etc.

However, Im under a family contract (3 ppl) && the rep told me it would basically cost MORE to run with Project Dark.

He outlined it would be $49.99 for the first & second lines would be $39.99, and that was just unlimited MINUTES ONLY...So after my existing data planswere added and insurance..it weighed more.

Basically, its more beneficial to individual users
ohwell.gif

^^^ just re up on the contract... they'll allow you to sign another... you just wont be eligible for alot of rebates...

and that's all just hearsay... it might not be true b/c it is designed to take away customers from small carrier markets like Pocket, Cricket, and so on...all them lil markets that serve the same plan at the same price w/ drastically less range....

so the credit stuff could or couldnt be raised... but they thinkin that they might raise the deposits for those w/ less credit history....

Originally Posted by doosta45

and you have to sign a two year contract... none of the flex pay stuff... once you in, you in... lol...
grin.gif

i just signed a 2 year contract last year

So did I, but Imma sign another one
if I get this new BB and this plan
includes BB data, which I doubt.

Originally Posted by DanniTheKid

I called yesterday...you must HAVE 22 consecutive months with Tmobile.

Project Dark is open to family plans, individuals,etc.

However, Im under a family contract (3 ppl) && the rep told me it would basically cost MORE to run with Project Dark.

He outlined it would be $49.99 for the first & second lines would be $39.99, and that was just unlimited MINUTES ONLY...So after my existing data plans were added and insurance..it weighed more.

Basically, its more beneficial to individual users
ohwell.gif
Not calling you a liar... but there hasn't been any confirmation of what Project Dark is officially. I'd be very surprised if a rep toldyou the specific details of what it is. People are signing confidentiality agreements with T-Mobile to keep it under wraps.

Back
Top Bottom