Taken

DISSENTING OPINION

Am I really he only person who was not that impressed?

The fight scenes were ok but they look like they just stole everything from the Bourne films minus the props (rolled up magazine, pen, etc). I think you guysall got duped by a great trailer. The film had mediocre acting in a lot of parts and was basically only made so that Liam Neeson could deliver those few linesthat catch your attention. It was fairly predictable and wasn't anything I've never seen before several times. Plus at times the viewer is treated likean idiot, the plotline with the family and the rockstar girl were something out of a cheesy TV sitcom.

It's not a poorly made film, it's just not worthy of that much acclaim. It's basically Street Kings, a film made up of things you've seenbefore delivered a little differently to entertain you for 90 minutes.

5/10

^ Well not being too much of a critic. The movie was dope. I cannot believe he did that to dude wife, I did not see that coming

That part threw me too. At least in Man on Fire the main character was on a warpath but he had rules. He let the lady live. Here he shot an innocent woman, butit was the only person he harmed who wasn't involved in the underground.

Originally Posted by infamousod

That part threw me too. At least in Man on Fire the main character was on a warpath but he had rules. He let the lady live. Here he shot an innocent woman, but it was the only person he harmed who wasn't involved in the underground.

It was cause the guy kept playing around with him so he made his point by shooting his wife, and it was just in the arm.

I've heard so much good feedback on this movie.
I just might have to check it out.
smokin.gif

I was watching this movie, on the edge of my seat and the sh%^& stops
indifferent.gif
halfway through the movie.....smh....

it was good so far from what I saw of it.

I saw this movie with my girl last night...

I didn't expect much but the movie was actually pretty entertaining.

Okay movie, I would recommend it.

Dude's G-Files are certified
pimp.gif

movie was dope, saw it last night. it was pretty dope, liam neeson did not give a damn

DISSENTING OPINION

The fight scenes were ok but they look like they just stole everything from the Bourne films minus the props (rolled up magazine, pen, etc). I think you guys all got duped by a great trailer. The film had mediocre acting in a lot of parts and was basically only made so that Liam Neeson could deliver those few lines that catch your attention. It was fairly predictable and wasn't anything I've never seen before several times. Plus at times the viewer is treated like an idiot, the plotline with the family and the rockstar girl were something out of a cheesy TV sitcom.

It's not a poorly made film, it's just not worthy of that much acclaim. It's basically Street Kings, a film made up of things you've seen before delivered a little differently to entertain you for 90 minutes.

5/10
Finally somebody that understands! I felt like I was watching some cheesy Steven Segal/ John Claude Van Damme type movie without the karate. Seriously NT will hype up anything. Girl gets "taken". Dad goes looking for her in europe. Dude judo chops a bunch of anonymous henchmen that layon the ground and die. The end.

they really need to make a sequel. neeson's character is so god damn bad $*% that he needs to chop more dudes in the neck.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

DISSENTING OPINION

The fight scenes were ok but they look like they just stole everything from the Bourne films minus the props (rolled up magazine, pen, etc). I think you guys all got duped by a great trailer. The film had mediocre acting in a lot of parts and was basically only made so that Liam Neeson could deliver those few lines that catch your attention. It was fairly predictable and wasn't anything I've never seen before several times. Plus at times the viewer is treated like an idiot, the plotline with the family and the rockstar girl were something out of a cheesy TV sitcom.

It's not a poorly made film, it's just not worthy of that much acclaim. It's basically Street Kings, a film made up of things you've seen before delivered a little differently to entertain you for 90 minutes.

5/10
Finally somebody that understands! I felt like I was watching some cheesy Steven Segal/ John Claude Van Damme type movie without the karate. Seriously NT will hype up anything. Girl gets "taken". Dad goes looking for her in europe. Dude judo chops a bunch of anonymous henchmen that lay on the ground and die. The end.
We're men, we loved those old cheesy actions flicks they no longer make, and this is sort of a throwback to that. Just straight action, notso much focus plot, and the plot was strong enough to keep it up.

and there aren't too many victims of trailers in here, considering we've seen it a long time ago.

very good movie. good cast and good director. same guy who directed "the professional," i think.

It left me with a "I wanna see more" feeling.. similar to the one I got when I watched the first Bourne..

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by calibeebee

infamousod wrote:

DISSENTING OPINION

The fight scenes were ok but they look like they just stole everything from the Bourne films minus the props (rolled up magazine, pen, etc). I think you guys
all got duped by a great trailer. The film had mediocre acting in a lot of parts and was basically only made so that Liam Neeson could deliver those few
lines that catch your attention. It was fairly predictable and wasn't anything I've never seen before several times. Plus at times the viewer is
treated like an idiot, the plotline with the family and the rockstar girl were something out of a cheesy TV sitcom.

It's not a poorly made film, it's just not worthy of that much acclaim. It's basically Street Kings, a film made up of things you've seen
before delivered a little differently to entertain you for 90 minutes.

5/10
Finally somebody that understands! I felt like I was watching some cheesy Steven Segal/ John Claude Van Damme type movie without the karate.
Seriously NT will hype up anything. Girl gets "taken". Dad goes looking for her in europe. Dude judo chops a bunch of anonymous henchmen that lay
on the ground and die. The end.
We're men, we loved those old cheesy actions flicks they no longer make, and this is sort of a throwback to that. Just straight action, not so much focus plot, and the plot was strong enough to keep it up.

and there aren't too many victims of trailers in here, considering we've seen it a long time ago.

All the action was really in the last 30-40 minutes. The first 50-60 were actually quite slow.

Good movie....all I wanted was to be entertained, and that is EXACTLY what it was. It was one of those movies that didn't have a complex plot, and you canshut your brain off and enjoy the action from about 15 minutes into the film. The scene with Mills and that french dude and his wife was
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Dude's daughter was one of the worst actors I have ever seen....that chick that played SHeerah was
pimp.gif
(and his ex-wife also)

My dad just gave me a bootlegg of this movie and I had no idea what it was. Probably end up watching it tonight......

Back
Top Bottom