Takeover > Ether

Originally Posted by hennySMASH

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

This is one of theeeee most overrated diss songs ever, I was so disappointed by this effort.� He spent 93%�of the song talking/whining about�how people�should've chosed him and how he was let down and given a bad rap by the public.� How dare they not give him the nod.� Blah Blah Blah...

The most telling line in this entire song was:

I will not lose for even in defeat theres a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me.

This was him admitting the L and yet y'all point to this like it was a queen getting snatched by a knight. I guess people just need to some sort of life raft.
��

Jigga took the L, why cant yall fans?
smh.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Again, ether wasnt what did the Camel in. It was the masked shots on takeover and the lunchroom corniness of ether that seemed more like Nas was clowning dude which got people behind Gnoz

Actually it was Ether that did him in. It took Jay's cool, which is what everyone always gravitated to him for, it was his charisma that made him what hewas. Once that was gone it was nver the same throughout the entire contest. When you add in the fact that he was shooting heat seeking missles at him... Itwas what it was G.

All of these _s full of s_.
laugh.gif

thats what it comes down to at the end of the day
laugh.gif
, mad contradictionsin all these N's sh**....its easy to point out Jay's, but lets not act like Nas aint play himself with the "Queens run you N's ask RussellSimmons" line...

Originally Posted by encore2007

Nas called Jay ugly

Jay broke Nas' career down in a vers
So what did NaS do on "Last Real N Alive" then??...

He broke down the ENTIRE east coast scene... Back to when Stedman was ironing Big Daddy Kane's zoot suits beforeshows, then he convinced yall Ns he was selling drugs
smh.gif

Originally Posted by illmatic34

I'll put this in terms of football.

John Lynch = Takeover
Ray Lewis = Ether

Takeover knocked the wind out of Nas, but Ether tore Jay's ACL.

Huge Nas stan here..and Takeover is in fact better than ether.
Jay stated facts while nas stuck to insults.
And Takeover is wayyy more of a beef beat/beat in general

Nas's H to the omo freestyle was better than super ugly though
Nas should've used that format for ether instead of calling him ugly and gay..

With that being said Nas>Jay-Z

This is one of theeeee most overrated diss songs ever, I was so disappointed by this effort.� He spent 93%�of the song talking/whining about�how people�should've chosed him and how he was let down and given a bad rap by the public.� How dare they not give him the nod.� Blah Blah Blah...

I will not lose for even in defeat theres a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me.

This was him admitting the L and yet y'all point to this like it was a queen getting snatched by a knight. I guess people just need to some sort of life raft.
��

smh.gif

QFT!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ceemackk

��

smh.gif

QFT!
laugh.gif

Jay knew Ether was crazy..what's he supposed to say? I lost!? At that point in time, everybody, especially in NYC, were amazed at how Nas went at Jay likethat. You can listen to Jay's voice, when he was asked the question about what he thought about the diss Nas directed at him, and he pretty muchcouldn't get a proper and senseable thought together...

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

ceemackk wrote:

Cicero Avenue Dopeman wrote:

Seymore CAKE wrote:

��

smh.gif

QFT!
laugh.gif

Jay knew Ether was crazy..what's he supposed to say? I lost!? At that point in time, everybody, especially in NYC, were amazed at how Nas went at Jay like that. You can listen to Jay's voice, when he was asked the question about what he thought about the diss Nas directed at him, and he pretty much couldn't get a proper and senseable thought together...

Exactly! Dude was destroyed and so were his fans. Don't discredit ether when it destroyed Jay-Z's morale and if ether wasn't true then Jaywouldn't have been so hurt. Stop making excuses for Jay. He lost.

you dont know hip hop if you think ether is a better diss track than takeover...

ether is so elementary

Originally Posted by philly5fan

you dont know hip hop if you think ether is a better diss track than takeover...

ether is so elementary

Quite the contrary...
laugh.gif
I really suggest anyone who believes Takeover >>> Ether revisit this thread. http://niketalk.com/topic/218279?page=2 Every single argument was laid out and examined in a verylogical and civilized manner until a certain nter chimed in and took it left... but nonetheless a lot of %+@$ was discussed that normally doesn't gettouched on due to personal biases. Pretty much ended the need for me to discuss this actually.

Originally Posted by platanohead22

they were both elite disses ....but Nas Jay took it...
I realize im in the supreme minority, but ive been sayin this for years.

IMO takeover just flows as a song much better than ether.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

ether is so elementary

Quite the contrary...
laugh.gif
I really suggest anyone who believes Takeover >>> Ether revisit this thread. http://niketalk.com/topic/218279?page=2 Every single argument was laid out and examined in a very logical and civilized manner until a certain nter chimed in and took it left... but nonetheless a lot of %+@$ was discussed that normally doesn't get touched on due to personal biases. Pretty much ended the need for me to discuss this actually.

Why do you guys insist on lying to yourselves and others to HONESTLY think "Takeover" is a better or more effective diss...

Its pathetic @ this point, "Ether" was a MUCH better diss record, just face it...

Jay Z was able accept it & make peace with NaS, why are his fans in such denial??...

Back
Top Bottom