"Taking the L" is the greatest lesson NT taught me.

Before I learned about "Taking the L" it took me a lot longer to get over stuff. Would just keep trying to fight it. Now I just shrug the shoulders Take the L and keep it movin'.

circle.jpg

Young Simba that is part of the circle of life

man op i know exactly where your coming from..I realized im still a little boy in a man's world and I need to grow the hell up

I feel you OP but it is hard to know that someone possibly got over on me.

Quick situation.

Few weeks ago, I was talking to a kid and this lady just interrupted us and told the kid to go somewhere. I was like, "**$." I was going to approach her and let her have a piece of my fire but I let it go.

So it happened again and I was like, "What was that about." I don't even know if she knew what she was doing. You know people are in their zones and they see nobody but themselves and their target. So I was like, "I was talking to him, why are you just pulling him away?"

So she was like my bad and then a few days later she wrote me a note saying she was sorry. I was over it honestly.

But I don't know if the 2nd situation would have happened if I wouldn't have still had fire towards her. It is hard to take that L but when someone gets the "best" of me I can't let it go.

Taking the L sometimes can save you from further damage so Ive learned to cash my chips in and bow my head.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by blazinRook

if you change an L to a Learning experience its never just an L
Slap this on a motivational poster and hang it up in the NT office. 

In all seriousness though; I've taken L's in abundence in my lifetime. No exaggeration - I've come to accept the bad before anything good can come out of a situation. It's made me accept things for what they are, and it actually makes things seem more exciting/appeasing when the good comes out instead. Might not make sense as I'm typing this because I'm going really fast and I'm working but you get it..

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

In all seriousness though; I've taken L's in abundence in my lifetime. No exaggeration - I've come to accept the bad before anything good can come out of a situation. It's made me accept things for what they are, and it actually makes things seem more exciting/appeasing when the good comes out instead. Might not make sense as I'm typing this because I'm going really fast and I'm working but you get it..
I know exactly what you mean. It's pretty twisted if you think about it but I'm pretty much the same way. I've been disappointed so much that it seems naive to expect things to go the right way. That feeling when something does go right unexpectedly though. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Slap this on a motivational poster and hang it up in the NT office. 

NT taught me :nthat: :nthat:

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

I said this
i'll fight you for proprietorship. 
lol..but naw, you probably did..but no idea is a new idea. 

came up with that on my own tho..as long as NT fam gets the word one way or the other. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I feel you OP but it is hard to know that someone possibly got over on me.

Quick situation.

Few weeks ago, I was talking to a kid and this lady just interrupted us and told the kid to go somewhere. I was like, "**$." I was going to approach her and let her have a piece of my fire but I let it go.

So it happened again and I was like, "What was that about." I don't even know if she knew what she was doing. You know people are in their zones and they see nobody but themselves and their target. So I was like, "I was talking to him, why are you just pulling him away?"

So she was like my bad and then a few days later she wrote me a note saying she was sorry. I was over it honestly.

But I don't know if the 2nd situation would have happened if I wouldn't have still had fire towards her. It is hard to take that L but when someone gets the "best" of me I can't let it go.
Can you give a bit more context? I'm not really understanding the situation, was this at a school or something?

Celebrities take "L's" harder than the average person. Having your ego bruised as a celebrity I can imagine it being quite painful. You'd probably either have to be drugged up, a scumbag or alcoholic to get through it in one piece.

Back
Top Bottom