Talking Mickey Mouse??? DAMN Disney technology ftw vol. i knew he was real

That's pretty cool. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that's scary at all.

Originally Posted by bustinxjustin

That's pretty cool. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that's scary at all.

neither do i. he's so damn welcoming and warm to the visitors, how can it be scary?? and it's mickey, one of the most recognized faces in our world lol.

Ahhh I'm Rick James B_
laugh.gif

I remember the talking tree in the Disney store back in the day used to have me SHOOK.

Like "Naw Mom, I'll point at what toy I want from out here" Shook.

Imagine him if there's a bratty child that throws a temper tantrum though...I'd love to see how he would handle it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 540JFan12

Ahhh I'm Rick James B_
laugh.gif

First thing that came to my mind.
laugh.gif

Yo I'm kinda mad they didn't have Mickey talk when I was a kid though.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Making me wanna relive my childhood.
frown.gif

that's crazy
smokin.gif
. most likely there is someone in the suit and the mask has a voice box that changes

the person's voice into mickeys. still cool any way

eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I wanna relive my childhood now too! I needa go back to Disney World (and Universal Studios and Sea World lol)!

Mickey is that dude tho
pimp.gif

I worked with Disney for a couple of years and this is what they probably do with the talking Mickey.
Two options:

1) Notice the mirror in the room, it's could be a double sided mirror. The guy behind the mirror is on a keyboard typing actions and words for Mickey head to move and talk. It has pre-selected keywords to make the conversation seem normal and to be entered quick. They're also watching you from the queue area, so they already have your material set up. Sometimes its an actual keyboard or a Playstation controller. Then, there's a director telling the actor what to do, it's probably routine now, because they practice the situations over and over. The literally spend months practicing this going through every possible outcome. 

2)Least likely, the actor is using a mic piece and the head movement is controlled by someone on stage. They are likely wearing a bag, disguised by a photographer or a regular looking guest. Usually done for outside characters/robots. 

If you look suspicious, they will use a safe routine. If you roll up with five dudes and wonder why Mickey Mouse didn't talk to you, you know why. 

It's not necessarily "creepy," but to me it's more amusing. The fact that mascots are actually talking and not just doing movements and gestures is a hell of a step forward. Sure it's been done in movies, but that's exactly what it is, A MOVIE. This is real life here.

I mean, who wouldn't want Mickey to greet them by their name?? I think that would be awesome!

These vids got me looking at Disneyland website thinking about booking a trip soon.

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

I worked with Disney for a couple of years and this is what they probably do with the talking Mickey.
Two options:

1) Notice the mirror in the room, it's could be a double sided mirror. The guy behind the mirror is on a keyboard typing actions and words for Mickey head to move and talk. It has pre-selected keywords to make the conversation seem normal and to be entered quick. They're also watching you from the queue area, so they already have your material set up. Sometimes its an actual keyboard or a Playstation controller. Then, there's a director telling the actor what to do, it's probably routine now, because they practice the situations over and over. The literally spend months practicing this going through every possible outcome. 

2)Least likely, the actor is using a mic piece and the head movement is controlled by someone on stage. They are likely wearing a bag, disguised by a photographer or a regular looking guest. Usually done for outside characters/robots. 

If you look suspicious, they will use a safe routine. If you roll up with five dudes and wonder why Mickey Mouse didn't talk to you, you know why. 
Well, that's obvious.
laugh.gif
Plus 5 dudes that are 16+ roamin through Disneyland like that would just be....weird. Mickey would keep the keyblade on deck, word to Kingdom Hearts.

Two options:

that sounds like a lot of work. i don't know about programmed movements and keywords, in that one vid he addresses the visitors by their first names.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Two options:

Well, that's obvious.
laugh.gif
Plus 5 dudes that are 16+ roamin through Disneyland like that would just be....weird. Mickey would keep the keyblade on deck, word to Kingdom Hearts.
Mr. DFJ,
I said the same thing, 5 dudes together at Disney would be weird. But it happens a lot, I mean a lot, and most of them aren't gay, they just can't get women. What's weirder is when a group of girls try to grope Mickey and they are too dumb to realize it's a 5'0 chubby fat girl. 

Two options:

Well, that's obvious.
laugh.gif
Mr. DFJ,
I said the same thing, 5 dudes together at Disney would be weird. But it happens a lot, I mean a lot, and most of them aren't gay, they just can't get women. What's weirder is when a group of girls try to grope Mickey and they are too dumb to realize it's a 5'0 chubby fat girl. 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Two options:

Well, that's obvious.
laugh.gif
Mr. DFJ,

lol, man disneyland is not the place to kick it with your boys. that's where knotts and six flags come into play
pimp.gif

disneyland is for family + your s.o. ONLY

Back
Top Bottom