Taobao space jam's

One of the most common complaints is the high cut of patent leather. On past you tube videos, I look at space jams that people have purchased and everything seems to look fine (minus the blue sole). I was going to order a pair today but when I look on the site the patent leather looks insanely high. Most notable is on the inside part of the shoe. You don't see that deep curve where the cloth and patent leather interest. I was hoping to get advice from people who have purchased space jams through taobao particularly the 2 main sellers that everyone is familiar with.

Are these the same pictures you guys looked at when you made the purchase? Or is this like another run of the shoe that just came out with a higher patent cut than the ones everyone was buying in december and january?

Also just to note, the breds on the same site do not have this same high cut in the pictures. I appreciate any advance.

def. sketchy but if you look at all the youtube vids a lot of people have had some good looking versions. Just wondering if anyone who has purchased from the site had these same images or a better looking version?

Wanted a pair, but did not want to pay rape prices. More importantly, why are you creeping on all my posts? You have been silent for months and all the sudden you are now active? I would not be surprised if you are working/using multiple screen names to authenticate my recent shoe purchase.

I became active after I posted a LC for a pair of space jams that I later found out was a taobao pair. The shoes from taobao are FAKES I dont care what you call it, theyre not b grades or authentics. And yes I realize there are some real pairs on taobao that sells for the same prices they go for here. I almost traded my perfectly real concords for a taobao pair, you can barely tell the difference these days. people like you make me sick

I don't get it... If taobao shoes are made from the same materials as the authentic what makes them fake? They could've been smuggled out of the same factory as retail pairs.

He's an idiot. If people choose to buy "graymarket" shoes that is their priority. I am just against deceiving someone as to the origin of the shoe. Be straight up and most will appreciate it.

I don't get it... If taobao shoes are made from the same materials as the authentic what makes them fake? They could've been smuggled out of the same factory as retail pairs.

What's your point? Fakes use the same materials as authentics what makes them fake? I have the greatest respect for michael jordan and it's a little disrespectful to be wearing non authentic shoes that he worked so hard to create dont you think?

Last edited:
What's your point? Fakes use the same materials as authentics what makes them fake? I have the greatest respect for michael jordan and it's a little disrespectful to be wearing non authentic shoes that he worked so hard to create dont you think?
If you have the "greatest respect" for Michael Jordan, you obviously don't know that much about Michael Jordan. He is the most arrogant, pompous, egotistical and nasty human being, probably in the history of pro athletes (and possibly people, period). Anyways, fakes don't use the same materials as authentic shoes. You need to get your knowledge up before trying to clown people, son.

Not trying to hate here, but no matter how you rationalize these are fake J's. Despite the claims about them being made "in the same factory" etc there is no way to verify that, the materials, construction, and quality aren't the same. They may look really similar but they are Taobao J's, not Air Jordans. Im pretty sure the stuff about them being "gray market authentic pairs" is a load of ******** so that counterfeit crooks can laugh to the bank.

He's an idiot. If people choose to buy "graymarket" shoes that is their priority. I am just against deceiving someone as to the origin of the shoe. Be straight up and most will appreciate it.

That's my take on it too. It becomes a problem when people try to sell the shoes as Authorized pairs. If a shoe is created in the same factory, with the same materials, only without JBs permission, that's still Authentic in my opinion. But that's just my opinion, and I know people vary on it. It's all good either way. Personally, if they wiped out Taobao pairs, I'd be fine with it. But if I'm buying a shoe and know I can get an A-Grade quality shoe that is "Unauthorized" and pay half the going rate, I'm good with that. I don't give 2 spits about taking money from Michael Jordan, not at all, which is sad, because as a kid, I idolized the guy. It wasn't until I got older that I started hearing more and more about the kind of person he is in reality, and the more stories I heard, the less I respected him. All that being said, I love the shoes Tinker Hatfield (and the guy(s) who designed the 1 and 2) designed for him to wear. And always will (at least the classic models that I grew up loving).

To the OP, depending on the agent you use, they will send you pics of the exact pair you will be getting once it arrives in their "Warehouse". At that point, you can tell them you want them to return them (if they don't look right/have flaws/etc) or ship them out. And if you need more pics, just ask for more and specify what you want to see more of, and they'll usually oblige. Not sure what agent you use (if you're even using an agent, which I highly advise), but the agent I use does that, and from what I've heard, others do too. And if a seller does not accept returns, my agent will notify me of that, in which case I will cancel the order and place a new one. But the 2 main sellers you're referring to accept returns in the way I mentioned. Good luck.

Last edited:
What do you he worked do hard for? He gets paid thousands of dollars just to play his interests while theres kids and humans working in factories getting paid like 25cents an hour

What do you he worked do hard for? He gets paid thousands of dollars just to play his interests while theres kids and humans working in factories getting paid like 25cents an hour

Are you a ******g IDIOT.. He worked as hard as any human being on earth to become the player he was. He WORKED to get signed by nike and start a signature shoe of his own. You hypebeats need to respect that

Not trying to hate here, but no matter how you rationalize these are fake J's. Despite the claims about them being made "in the same factory" etc there is no way to verify that, the materials, construction, and quality aren't the same. They may look really similar but they are Taobao J's, not Air Jordans. Im pretty sure the stuff about them being "gray market authentic pairs" is a load of ******** so that counterfeit crooks can laugh to the bank.
disagree. some of them actually were made of the same material, construction on each are the same too. 

the gum on midsole, carbon fibre, patent leather are very much the same.

except the quality on them are just bad in average, for example the stitching is very bad and the tongue is not in the best shape.

p.s. i have a pair of authentics, paid for hyperbeast price, and a pair of taobao ones just to compare and see wat they have for fun.

Last edited:
You might think that, but others disagree with you. Just like you say there's no way to verify it, there's no way to not verify it. You can definitely buy fake Js on Taobao, no doubt about it. But you can buy fake Js on eBay too. It's just a matter of opinion. Some people think if an item is made in the same factory with the same materials, it is the same, but others think that it needs to be "Authorized" to be authentic. That's a whole 'nother argument. Either way, I respect your opinion, as well as other people's opinions on it. Peace

BTW, I'm not trying to tell people to buy from Taobao or not to buy from them. All I'm doing is trying to help people that want to buy from them by sharing the (limited) experiences I've had. Whether you buy from them or not is your decision, and it doesn't bother me one way or another. I, personally, am ok with buying an "Unauthorized" pair, as long as it is IDENTICAL to the shoe I'd buy at a Foot Locker, Foot Action, or Nikestore. Of course, the chances of buying a flawed pair is much higher when buying from Taobao sellers, since those Unauthorized pairs are most likely NOT going through an Inspection process (I say most likely, because it is possible that these pairs are getting smuggled out after the inspection process, though I doubt that's the case). The truth is, nobody really knows what's going on. I base my thinking on my experience in buying Js and the little bit of knowledge I've gleaned on this subject. All that being said, I get why people think they're fake, and why others think differently. It's all good to disagree on things, people. The one thing we can all agree on is selling these shoes as "Authorized/Authentic" pairs. While you can get an identical pair to an "Authentic" pair, Unauthorized and Authorized shoes are NOT the same, technically speaking, and that difference means a lot, when it comes to selling these shoes. You can't return these shoes to Nike if something were to happen to the shoe (at least, not to my knowledge). While I'm not 100% sure that the Unauthorized pairs are being made in the same factories and with identical materials (I'd say I'm 99% sure, lol), you can be 100% sure the shoe you are buying from Authorized dealers are authentic. It is for that reason that I will NEVER sell an Unauthorized pair as an Authorized pair, and I suggest everyone else do the same thing. It's not fair, and it's not right. Peace.

That's my take on it too. It becomes a problem when people try to sell the shoes as Authorized pairs. If a shoe is created in the same factory, with the same materials, only without JBs permission, that's still Authentic in my opinion. But that's just my opinion, and I know people vary on it. It's all good either way. Personally, if they wiped out Taobao pairs, I'd be fine with it. But if I'm buying a shoe and know I can get an A-Grade quality shoe that is "Unauthorized" and pay half the going rate, I'm good with that. I don't give 2 spits about taking money from Michael Jordan, not at all, which is sad, because as a kid, I idolized the guy. It wasn't until I got older that I started hearing more and more about the kind of person he is in reality, and the more stories I heard, the less I respected him. All that being said, I love the shoes Tinker Hatfield (and the guy(s) who designed the 1 and 2) designed for him to wear. And always will (at least the classic models that I grew up loving).

To the OP, depending on the agent you use, they will send you pics of the exact pair you will be getting once it arrives in their "Warehouse". At that point, you can tell them you want them to return them (if they don't look right/have flaws/etc) or ship them out. And if you need more pics, just ask for more and specify what you want to see more of, and they'll usually oblige. Not sure what agent you use (if you're even using an agent, which I highly advise), but the agent I use does that, and from what I've heard, others do too. And if a seller does not accept returns, my agent will notify me of that, in which case I will cancel the order and place a new one. But the 2 main sellers you're referring to accept returns in the way I mentioned. Good luck.

What agent do you use I got a pair recently with a small flaw no complaints but would be nice to check before I shipped them

Taobao is gonna kill the sneaker game i saw some shoes on sole collector space jams with blue tint the seller claimed to do the tint himself but jb just started doing tints in 2013 and since taobao shoes are unauthrized shoes which is y u can get a spot on pair or a ****** up pair cause shoes are mad with real material but they dont go through quality control but i could see resellers using this website to make double the money they were already making

By the way not every Authentic pair on Taobao is an Unauthorized pair,some sellers do sell the Official Authorized retail pairs for example I bought my cousin some Air Jordan 11 Space Jam's in size 11 3 weeks ago they came in last week.They had clear soles no blue tint what so ever & we scanned the bar code of the shoe box as well as the shoes they came up on the barcode scanner with pictures of the shoes,the correct name of the shoes and colorway.

By the way not every Authentic pair on Taobao is an Unauthorized pair,some sellers do sell the Official Authorized retail pairs for example I bought my cousin some Air Jordan 11 Space Jam's in size 11 3 weeks ago they came in last week.They had clear soles no blue tint what so ever & we scanned the bar code of the shoe box as well as the shoes they came up on the barcode scanner with pictures of the shoes,the correct name of the shoes and colorway.
how clear were the soles? Your trusting a barcode.. I could put that barcode on a loaf of bread bro and the scanner will do the same thing...However  that dont mean its a pair of legit Jams.. The size stickers and barcodes are pretty much on point now..This is not a good test of authenticity. Post pix if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom