TAR - Thread About Relationships vol. Calling TAY Graduates

Maybe change "obey" to another word?

200 (1).gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, either dude knew what time it was and jumped in anyway or he’s completely oblivious. Sad either way.

Well, the first mistake is believing relationships are supposed to make us "happy" in the first place.

Happiness is defined as a state of well-being and contentment.

If you're already content then you don't need a relationship to make you more content...because there is no such thing as "more content".

Relationships are for companionship - not "happiness".

Basically, two content people who share their state of well-being with each other = relationship (or at least a healthy one).

Contentment is something that is rare these days with folks going around comparing their lives to complete strangers' Instagram posts.
B783632F-18D2-45A8-B08F-85A3ECBD73C1.gif

Well, the first mistake is believing relationships are supposed to make us "happy" in the first place.

Happiness is defined as a state of well-being and contentment.

If you're already content then you don't need a relationship to make you more content...because there is no such thing as "more content".

Relationships are for companionship - not "happiness".

Basically, two content people who share their state of well-being with each other = relationship (or at least a healthy one).

Contentment is something that is rare these days with folks going around comparing their lives to complete strangers' Instagram posts.
Probably poorly worded on my part. All I'm saying is I've always been much happier with life when I'm single

Probably poorly worded on my part. All I'm saying is I've always been much happier with life when I'm single

That's actually how it's supposed to be Fam.

IMHO the only time to ever consider a relationship with someone else is if we are already content within ourselves.

Just know that the relationship you're getting into will cost some of that contentment in exchange for companionship.

Nothing in life is free.

Just don't pay more than you have to like the goofball at the altar.

Choose the most compatible mate you can find.

A woman that marries a good man will not have a difficult life.

A man that marries a good woman will not have a difficult wife.

I don’t necessarily see happiness and companionship as separate entities.
You don’t need a relationship to be happy of course but generally, relationships provide an extra layer of happiness, or in some cases provide it entirely if the person wasn’t really happy in the first place.

I don’t necessarily see happiness and companionship as separate entities.
You don’t need a relationship to be happy of course but generally, relationships provide an extra layer of happiness, or in some cases provide it entirely if the person wasn’t really happy in the first place.

They're absolutely separate.

A relationship is just an agreement. What determines if there's any happiness to be felt is what people bring into the relationship and what they cultivate going forward.

If I’m asking a female for suggestions, she better have me in thought as well and not just what she would want to do or eat.

Cause at the end of the day itll looks like I’m finding her excursions.

Back
Top Bottom