Target says data breach affected 110 MILLION accounts...not 70, like previously reported.

Ruh-oh :wow:

No bueno...

Target says that its stores have been hit by a major credit-card attack involving up to 40 million accounts.

Chief Executive Officer Greg Steinhafel confirmed Thursday morning earlier reports that a brazen data breach had taken place. In a statement, Steinhafel said: "Target is working closely with law enforcement and financial institutions, and has identified and resolved the issue."

The retailer said that the unlawful access to customer information took place between Nov. 27 and Dec.15.

Link

*update*

70 Million accounts breached

:wow:

*update 3.0*

It just gets worse....

Target Breach Affected Up to 110 Million Customers

:smh:

Last edited:
smh.. got a red card. 

am I gonna make it bros?

Last edited:
mean.gif

:wow:

Reminds me of that one documentary with those group of guys stealing credit card numbers.

Glad I don't shop there

Bought a pack of gum from there like 2 weeks ago with my card. Should've used that $20 instead of trying not to break it. 

On the phone with my bank now just in case, I'd been there and used my card on 12/2 (11/25 too but that doesn't count). No unauthorized charges but I'd like to be proactive and find out what, if anything, I need to do. I don't have time for waiting on hold right now but I'm not taking my chances.

Was it online or in store as well?!
My last big purchase was with PayPal, am I good? Or RIP?

is this all CC's used at target or just Target issued CC's ?

wouldnt thinkn that many folks would have target CC's...

Last time I was there was on 12/2....just checked my bank account and nothing looked fishy. Gonna keep a close eye on it tho...

im unemployed......been living off of the change under my sofa/matteres

aint no money been in my account for quite some time now 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Shopped at Target on black friday. Got an email on December 5th saying somebody was making purchases using my card in Australia. It all makes sense now. The card I used at Target was the one that was counterfeited. D*** you Target.

Last edited:
woah.... i had a cart full of stuff the other day & walked out because of the long *** line... guess i did good

Back
Top Bottom