Target says data breach affected 110 MILLION accounts...not 70, like previously reported.

Bump...

I just included a link in the first post. Yall know how it was originally reported how 40 million accounts were affected. Nah....let's try 70 MILLION. :wow:

Holy ****, this is bad. I just don't know how Target recovers from this. I've been there twice since the news broke [randy moss] straight cash, homie [/randy moss]

You wanna get people back in your stores? Do better than that 10% off you were offering a few weeks back.

Bump...

I just included a link in the first post. Yall know how it was originally reported how 40 million accounts were affected. Nah....let's try 70 MILLION. :wow:

Holy ****, this is bad. I just don't know how Target recovers from this. I've been there twice since the news broke [randy moss] straight cash, homie [/randy moss]

You wanna get people back in your stores? Do better than that 10% off you were offering a few weeks back.

That 10% off was a joke. If they don't come up with some over the top promotion to bring people back, target will not exist in the next 5 -10 years. Target knows they don't offer anything unique so they have to make sure the customers they have/had are scared off.

That 10% off was a joke. If they don't come up with some over the top promotion to bring people back, target will not exist in the next 5 -10 years. Target knows they don't offer anything unique so they have to make sure the customers they have/had are scared off.

I know, right? That was a complete slap in the face to their customers.

Like I said a week ago, this data breach has obviously scared people off. I've been in there twice since the breach, and the store has hardly been busy. 70 million is a RIDICULOUS number.

Chase preemptively sent me a new card :smokin

It's good that banks are being proactive with this.

I think it might be a good idea for anyone (even if your account is fine) who has shopped at Target during that time frame, to get a new card regardless. It's a pain in the *** to update accounts where money is withdrawn for bills etc., but it at least gives you a peace of mind. We went from 40 million accounts to 70 million...what's it going to be in a few weeks? Over 100?

This is why I NEVER use a debit card

Straight AMEX; it isn't my money plus I get a nice cash back bonus each month

I've never paid a dime of interest in my life...being smart with credit cards is the way to go :pimp:

I bought a couple of things there on 11/22. Story says I should be safe, but I think that I'll order a new card just in case.

I work for a bank, previously in card services now in IT.

My card was compromised but my bank has already started to issue new card before i even found out.

Not gunna stop me from shoppin at target tho but that 10% was laughable.

Been shopping at target like I always have since the news broke *shrug* nothing going on with my account. If something did happen my bank would be all over it.

Was just there last night as a matter of fact :pimp:

Last edited:
It's been upped to 110 million customer cards...

Over9000S.jpg

So do us who got our **** took get anything? I mean that 10% is bs I can't do **** wit that. I'm for now on straight cash homie and team walmart

Time to get a new card
Should have been done that after the initial report came out.

laugh.gif
Target insulted everyone with that 10% then dropped the bomb that 70 million more cards were compromised. That class action lawsuit is going to be filed any day now. The plaintiffs won't get much if anything at all, but it's what needs to be done.

Does Target recover from this? They pulled the okey doke on people a few weeks back saying it was 40 million cards affected, probably knowing the number was far greater. It went from 40, to 70, to 110 in a matter of hours today. Can't help but to think that number will only get larger as the days go on. This is ridiculous. I mean, even if your account looks good, I can't stress enough how smart it would be to get a new card. Save yourself the potential headache down the road.

Does Target recover from this? They pulled the okey doke on people a few weeks back saying it was 40 million cards affected, probably knowing the number was far greater. It went from 40, to 70, to 110 in a matter of hours today. Can't help but to think that number will only get larger as the days go on. This is ridiculous. I mean, even if your account looks good, I can't stress enough how smart it would be to get a new card. Save yourself the potential headache down the road.
I'd personally never shop there again if I was a victim. Clearly everyone doesn't think the same as many have gone back, some in this thread included. You have to hit them where it hurts. They did it to you.

I'd personally never shop there again if I was a victim. Clearly everyone doesn't think the same as many have gone back, some in this thread included. You have to hit them where it hurts. They did it to you.

I wasn't a victim, but I won't shop there unless I'm spending cash or a gift card. The caveat to that statement is I hardly have cash on me. I use my check card for everything.

It's a high end Walmart, it serves the purpose for people who don't want to deal with the Riffraff from Wally World.

Walmart isn't the best, but I've found that as long as you're in there before 8am, it's not that bad :lol:

Got my new card today. I always pay at starbucks. not sure if safe or not.

I'm not gonna stop shopping there though. this literally could happen anywhere, and I hate Walmart too much to go there.

Target's state-of-the-art forensics lab catches more than just shoplifters
http://www.mprnews.org/story/2011/10/21/target-forensics-lab

It's not uncommon for large retail stores to use high-tech video surveillance and forensics to catch shoplifters, but Minnesota-based Target Corp. takes the concept one step further, lending its high-end technology and professionals to law enforcement agencies free of charge, often on high-profile cases.

The program is a boon to police departments nationwide as they face shrinking budgets and can't afford to keep up with the latest technologies, said Pamela Delaney, of the National Police Foundations Project. The project is a federally-funded effort to help law enforcement agencies set up foundations. Delaney said about 200 agencies across the country, including the St. Paul Police Department, have their own foundations. She said the foundations make it easier for public law enforcement agencies to receive private contributions. Delaney said many city governments don't allow private corporations to specify what they want their financial gifts to be used for.

I think this may have a lot to do with it.

I think saying that they are only after shopper data and credit cards is a distraction. They got way more valuable intel according to this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom