Target says data breach affected 110 MILLION accounts...not 70, like previously reported.

Call around to your local banks some locations can make you a new card right on the spot with your name on it.

Smh at dudes using a debit card.

Credit card all day.

French Montana: I ain't worried bout nuthin.

Lol I don't know what's funnier

Dudes using debit for pretzels.....

Or ****** being proud of being broke.....

I dont know why some of yall worried its not like you wont get your money back.

*shrug*
If you aren't monitoring your statements, you probably won't. A few years ago, I got my debit card breached at a Chase ATM which had a skimmer attached. Someone on the other side of the world racked up a couple hundred dollars worth of groceries. If I didn't look at my statement, Chase wouldn't have gotten me my money back.

Going to the bank tomorrow to get a new card. Not taking this lightly. Wife shops at Target like 3 times a week.

There's some 20 charge to some wepay in Cali on my account

I google'd it and its a collections company or something. SMH

I had a purchase & return at target a few days before that.

Crazy how target is one of the only places i shop at and i avoided this completely somehow.

Just the other day i was going to cop some sweatpants, got all the way to the register and realized i left my wallet in the car. Put the pants back and went home(im lazy like that). Glad i did now.

somebody in alabama was using my card for gas. i was in target last week like 3 days before it happened. This is the second tie in 3 months I've had to get a new card from boa because of "fraudulent charges". think i'll be doing straight cash from now on word to randy moss

BoA is theeeeeeeeeeee worst for **** like that. Navy Fed, i have had no issues :nthat:

Naw man, there actually not bad with it. Like it's not there fault and they do monitor accounts well. The first time it happened there were no chargers but BoA said there may be a possibility of a compromise, there wasn't but they closed the card as a precaution. I monitor my account but they do a good job of doing it as well.

Just checked my statement. .......last time I got something from there was on the 26th

smh i was definitely a victim. had a rental car charge from lax dollar rental for 250 two days ago. got my new card already and hoping to get my money back soon. Navy Fed is usually on top of those things. The rep told me that the number on my card was hand typed in. so they probably inserted a malware into the pos machines to extract card numbers and applicable pins. someplace like a car rental all you need is a card. dollar is the rare people who let you use your debit card without a hold.

Last edited:
That GAWD I been going to Wally World. Might take advantage of that 10% off to cop some clothes and drawls not sure though

whats wrong with buying pretzels with a debit card.

the other day i bought some chicken broth with a debit card. it was 79 cents. ol girl at the register asked me why i did that. im like *****  cuz i aint got no change

whats wrong with buying pretzels with a debit card.

the other day i bought some chicken broth with a debit card. it was 79 cents. ol girl at the register asked me why i did that. im like *****  cuz i aint got no change

Should've told that b to mind her business

If I didn't have a gift card, I wouldn't have gone in this morning. That being said, the store was EMPTY. Hardly anyone in there. I wonder if that's the case with a lot of Target stores nationwide as they are still trying to figure out what went wrong w/ the data breach.

I've been checking my bank account daily, but yesterday I decided to get a new card just to play it safe.

yea I went ahead and got a new card from chase. make sure to update your new card to any site that you have info on like ebay/paypal/amazon bills etc

that's why you gotta shop at Kmart 
nthat.gif

Target’s Nightmare Goes On: Encrypted PIN Data Stolen

After hackers stole credit and debit card records for 40 million Target store customers, the retailer said customers’ personal identification numbers, or PINs, had not been breached.

Not so.

On Friday, a Target spokeswoman backtracked from previous statements and said criminals had made off with customers’ encrypted PIN information as well. But Target said the company stored the keys to decrypt its PIN data on separate systems from the ones that were hacked.

“We remain confident that PIN numbers are safe and secure,” Molly Snyder, Target’s spokeswoman said in a statement. “The PIN information was fully encrypted at the keypad, remained encrypted within our system, and remained encrypted when it was removed from our systems.”

The problem is that when it comes to security, experts say the general rule of thumb is: where there is will, there is a way. Criminals have already been selling Target customers’ credit and debit card data on the black market, where a single card is selling for as much as $100. Criminals can use that card data to create counterfeit cards. But PIN data is the most coveted of all. With PIN data, cybercriminals can make withdrawals from a customer’s account through an automatic teller machine. And even if the key to unlock the encryption is stored on separate systems, security experts say there have been cases where hackers managed to get the keys and successfully decrypt scrambled data.

Even before Friday’s revelations about the PIN data, two major banks, JPMorgan Chase and Santander Bank both placed caps on customer purchases and withdrawals made with compromised credit and debit cards. That move, which security experts say is unprecedented, brought complaints from customers trying to do last-minute shopping in the days leading to Christmas.

Chase said it is in the process of replacing all of its customers’ debit cards — about 2 million of them — that were used at Target during the breach.

The Target breach,from Nov. 27 to Dec. 15, is officially the second largest breach of a retailer in history. The biggest was a 2005 breach at TJMaxx that compromised records for 90 million customers.

The Secret Service and Justice Department continue to investigate.

NY Times

Target’s Nightmare Goes On: Encrypted PIN Data Stolen

After hackers stole credit and debit card records for 40 million Target store customers, the retailer said customers’ personal identification numbers, or PINs, had not been breached.

Not so.

On Friday, a Target spokeswoman backtracked from previous statements and said criminals had made off with customers’ encrypted PIN information as well. But Target said the company stored the keys to decrypt its PIN data on separate systems from the ones that were hacked.

“We remain confident that PIN numbers are safe and secure,” Molly Snyder, Target’s spokeswoman said in a statement. “The PIN information was fully encrypted at the keypad, remained encrypted within our system, and remained encrypted when it was removed from our systems.”

The problem is that when it comes to security, experts say the general rule of thumb is: where there is will, there is a way. Criminals have already been selling Target customers’ credit and debit card data on the black market, where a single card is selling for as much as $100. Criminals can use that card data to create counterfeit cards. But PIN data is the most coveted of all. With PIN data, cybercriminals can make withdrawals from a customer’s account through an automatic teller machine. And even if the key to unlock the encryption is stored on separate systems, security experts say there have been cases where hackers managed to get the keys and successfully decrypt scrambled data.

Even before Friday’s revelations about the PIN data, two major banks, JPMorgan Chase and Santander Bank both placed caps on customer purchases and withdrawals made with compromised credit and debit cards. That move, which security experts say is unprecedented, brought complaints from customers trying to do last-minute shopping in the days leading to Christmas.

Chase said it is in the process of replacing all of its customers’ debit cards — about 2 million of them — that were used at Target during the breach.

The Target breach,from Nov. 27 to Dec. 15, is officially the second largest breach of a retailer in history. The biggest was a 2005 breach at TJMaxx that compromised records for 90 million customers.

The Secret Service and Justice Department continue to investigate.

NY Times
they holding on to the cards for tax season watch

shouldnt target give us some reparations???
like 50% off coupons or something to all customers effected

Last edited:
they holding on to the cards for tax season watch

shouldnt target give us some reparations???
like 50% off coupons or something to all customers effected

:lol: they had like 10% off either this past weekend or last...I can't remember.

However, this is all good news for stores like Wal-mart. If my shopping today was any indication, they have lost a ton of customers.

Back
Top Bottom