TAX RETURN APPRECIATION Vol: Lets get this $$$

Filed my taxes.
From work - $1300

American Student Act - $1900

Total Federal Return: $3200 
smokin.gif

Not bad for only working 3 days a week and going to school part time.

Ah, I see that it's now time for my annual public announcement.

My first disclaimer - I know it's some of your preferences to have the US Gov't be your personal savings account (but paying you no interest) so you get a big check at 1 point in time....

But - the goal should be to get $1 or owe $1 (even better would be zero, obviously) and have more money per pay check, thus not giving interest free loans to our gov't.

Again, I understand some of you have no will power or discipline to not save more money per paycheck if you were to adjust your withholdings...just giving my annual speech.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by ispeakjewleo

What is this American Student Act? 
nerd.gif
This please, I bet somehow I'm not eligible for it
30t6p3b.gif

Oh and NT'ers, please don't spend your return money on stupid things
30t6p3b.gif
save some or pay off some debts, because a week later after it's gone you'll regret it

Beautiful thing...I raised my dependents midway through the year to get more in each paycheck so I'm not getting as much back as last year.

Using some for Mardi Gras trip and the rest to pay off debt.

I cant save for *#*+ so I'm love tax season. I know you'll get more money by saving it yourself but being honest I just cant do that yet.

how'd you get 1900 for the student act? last year i only got 1000. i would really like to know

Originally Posted by villansfinest

J's,

You do realize that most of these folks on here are getting back "more than they paid in", right?

How can you adjust your withholdings so that you have nothing taken out and get an even larger paycheck?

Tax threads: 

http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/12144935/TurboTax-Legit#reply-12144935

http://niketalk.com/topic/282618/TAX-SEASON-APPRECIATION----doing---withheld-money?page=1

http://niketalk.com/topic/146125/do-you-think-its-better-to-claim-1-or-file-0?page=1

Yeah, I know, with some dollar for dollar tax credits, they're actually getting back what they paid though.

I'm just saying, for some folks, as they grow older, aim to breakeven.  That's all.  It's my annual thing.

For those of you looking to see how changing your deductions will affect your check, try paycheckcity.com

One day they'll get out in the real world and meet their single mother with two kids co-worker and see her pay check compared to theirs.

The American Opportunity Credit

- This credit can be up to $2500 per eligible student
- It is available for the first four years of post-secondary education
- 40% of this credit is refundable, which means that you may be able to receive up to $1000, even if you owe no taxes
- The student must be pursuing an undergraduate degree or other recognized educational credential
- The student must be enrolled at least half time for at least one academic period
- Qualified expenses include tuition and fees, coarse related book supplies and equipment
- The full credit is generally available to eligible taxpayers who make less than $80000 or $160000 for married couples filling a joint return

if most of us are without dependants, how can we adjust our forms to get less money taken out per check?

getting 1800. owed state tax..so im not getting nothing from state..

for a single guy, non student (don't think deductible or medical expenses amount to over 2500$), best route to get the most return using Turbo Tax ?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Ah, I see that it's now time for my annual public announcement.

My first disclaimer - I know it's some of your preferences to have the US Gov't be your personal savings account (but paying you no interest) so you get a big check at 1 point in time....

But - the goal should be to get $1 or owe $1 (even better would be zero, obviously) and have more money per pay check, thus not giving interest free loans to our gov't.

Again, I understand some of you have no will power or discipline to not save more money per paycheck if you were to adjust your withholdings...just giving my annual speech.

preach

Originally Posted by emmmmy

- 40% of this credit is refundable, which means that you may be able to receive up to $1000, even if you owe no taxes
- The student must be pursuing an undergraduate degree or other recognized educational credential
- The student must be enrolled at least half time for at least one academic period
- Qualified expenses include tuition and fees, coarse related book supplies and equipment
- The full credit is generally available to eligible taxpayers who make less than $80000 or $160000 for married couples filling a joint return
You have to be 24

Originally Posted by mustbefire

Originally Posted by emmmmy

You have to be 24

Thank you... I was about to start raging! Ill see if I qualify next year anyway.
ill have this in mind for the next season

pimp.gif

this is the first year im getting money back. Last year i owed and teh 5 years before i worked under the table shhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom