TAX RETURN APPRECIATION Vol: Lets get this $$$

[QUOTE name="nightruans"]
Originally Posted by nightruans

[QUOTE name="its murder 187"]
Originally Posted by its murder 187

[QUOTE name="PharelFor3"]
Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Looking like $800 for me. Guess I got money to celebrate on my bday

maybe you should use some of that money for the secret santa you DEADBEAT!!!!![/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/quote]

Yall suckers for loaning the govt your hard earned $$ interest free :smh:

Would rather pay a couple hundred than get a grand+ back

Getting $150 back which is about as close as I can get to netting even given my earning, but shooting for $0 for FY'13

Last edited:
how do I maximize my claims of charitable donations (over $1k this year) and business write offs (I am a teacher so I buy tons of work stuff)... I use turbotax by the way
You just have to claim them. There's really not a lot to it unless you're donating stuff to the Salvation Army. I make sure to itemize the clothes, because those are worth A LOT! After seeing how much they're worth as a writeoff, I don't think I'll ever sell them at a garage sale again.

For teacher deductions, I think the most you can deduct is $250 (from what our CPA advised us). Make sure to keep your receipts. BTW... do you shop at Staples & Walgreens during the summer? You can pretty much buy all of your school supplies for about $20 for the year if you look for the right deals.

Whether you get your return done by an accountant or an online service it should be the same if done properly...

Don't get fooled by the "we get you your max refund" and end up paying much more to get your taxes done

I'm getting back $2k but that's because I paid over 14k this year. Nothing to appreciate. 

Young and single get screwed. Pay the most taxes and see the fewest benefits from paying said taxes.

Make sure you guys save your receipts for:

Meals you paid while working, gas or transportation, and work clothes (uniforms, dress attire, etc)

Makes a difference when you use that towards getting money back.

do you need receipts for donating stuff or giving tithes in church in order to claim it?

Generally, you itemize the items prior to donating and associate a value with them. Safer to use the IRS tax guidelines for the items that way if you get an audit you'll have a basis to substantiate your donation. After you do that and you drop off the items to wherever, they should provide you w/ a receipt that you need to keep w/ your records.

do you need receipts for donating stuff or giving tithes in church in order to claim it?
Yes, if the IRS audits you and you claim it without proof, you'll be in trouble. I like to itemize what I'm giving to Goodwill and keep it with the receipt since they don't do it for you.

The church will give you an end of the year statement for your contributions as long as you left a paper trail for them to follow. This is why I don't understand why people just drop in large bills into the plate. You're leaving money on the table that you could have claimed (and possibly given more to your church with).

Yo can somebody tell me what to do with a w2 they sent them in the mail to me
First time getting them

Back
Top Bottom