Taxi 12's - December '13

Just be glad ups didnt hide your package in the trash can like they did that white lady and her little girls tablet lol

God was tryna tell that ***** not to buy a girl that young a tablet :lol:

Just received my 12s and while the fit is comfortable they seem to be at least a quarter size big compared to the OG. Figured it was in the upper maybe using a roomier last.

So I busted out my OG for comparison. I found the outsole to be at least a quarter size smaller if not an entire half size ( factoring the fact that they are not entirely flat anymore like the new pair ) That tells me that Nike probably had to open these outsole molds from scratch and they were not using the original molds. I just dont know why they would make the outsoles bigger though...
To me all the retro 12's are cut a half size bigger to the OG's. But to add to the horror stories, I had a pair scheduled to be delivered by USPS on my day off. Needless to say they never attempted to deliver them even though tracking says they did. So I go to pick them up from the post office first thing the next day and can't find them!! After multiple trips to the post ofiice talking to the manager giving me BS, multiple calls to the help line, and 2 cases being open I FINALLY got them after TWO AND HALF WEEKS!!!! I have to say it probably wouldn't have happened if my regular postal lady didn't get hit by a car on duty and being out for like 8 months. Bottom line it's the ish we have to go through in this sneaker game.
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Wow. So the reason you didn't get your pair was because the postal lady got hit by a car on duty and out for 8 months? That's kind of crazy thinking about the chances of that happening. 

ups "encountered a delay" with mine. supposed to arrive tomorrow now I hope they didn't lose them or some stupid crap like that.
Probably not getting them tomorrow. Where you located? I had a pair of shoes sitting at the hub by my house since Saturday. Delayed it 3 days till I finally got some time today to talk to them and just told them to hold it for will call tomorrow. If you can pick it up, do it.

Also......about all these FNL problems...I've encountered them before too, but why do you guys use your bank accounts for these? Wouldn't it make more sense to use a credit card? That way y'all don't have to deal with limited funds if it screws up. If you don't have a credit card, that's a whole different story.

There is a spot near my house is selling them for 230 are they worth it ?

worth is in the eye of the beholder my man, figure with CA taxes original retail would be 184, so that's like you're only paying a $45 premium (if they're not charging tax).

Last edited:
For everyone saying go down a size down....I don't think I can agree with that. Got my size and these fit perfect true to size.

I have two pairs of Taxi 12s bought from two different stores and both of them dont have that pure white paint on the heel part. At times it looks like a bit pinkish white or dull white. Anyone notice this? Maybe i'm colorblind or looking too into it lol. I'm assuming the white on the heel and the white on the top leather portion isn't suppose to be the EXACT same but just seems a bit odd. Normal? 

EDITED: pictures doesnt do it justice, in person it doesn't look that white on heel part lol. i swear...

Last edited:
I have two pairs of Taxi 12s bought from two different stores and both of them dont have that pure white paint on the heel part. At times it looks like a bit pinkish white or dull white. Anyone notice this? Maybe i'm colorblind or looking too into it lol. I'm assuming the white on the heel and the white on the top leather portion isn't suppose to be the EXACT same but just seems a bit odd. Normal? 

EDITED: pictures doesnt do it justice, in person it doesn't look that white on heel part lol. i swear...

View media item 700959
You're probably looking too into it fam, I didn't notice that with my pair

Man, I haven't been looking into the whole bot thing, but do you guys think these things flew off the (online) shelves because of the prevalence of bots? Not like they were DB3's or anything, but still...

View media item 700959

That definitely looks a bit pinkish

Man, I haven't been looking into the whole bot thing, but do you guys think these things flew off the (online) shelves because of the prevalence of bots? Not like they were DB3's or anything, but still...
honestly, it wasn't that difficult.. i mean it wasn't like jordan 8s easy as far as copping, but like you said these weren't dbs or anything.  I can see how some might have got flustered on ndc or got impatient cuz of the predicited wait time on eastbay/footlocker/etc, but if you stuck with it, i think for those who were on at 5 am/8 am got a pair.  I got disconnected from  the ndc wait line a couple of times but managed to get through in about 20-30 minutes.   

Back
Top Bottom