TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

You guys better vote for the purple highs! If not
smh.gif

Its going to be a LONG month. Some of us should go at the same time and vote at all four locations for the Golds/Purples.

I would def. wanna see the purple highs win- Stashes are nice and all, but those just came out a couple years ago, and I'm not really feelin' the goldones. When I think NYC, I can't see shiny high tops being representative of the city. Purple highs with the NYC logo on the side and the strap, nowthat's a good look.

I don't get this whole "Purple & Gold" High's B.S. push. They are damn near the ugliest shoe on that vote.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a all Gold or Purple shoe. The fact that it is a high makes it even worse.

I quess being over 16 years old is the another fact I don't like purple and gold ski boots on my feet.

Originally Posted by aaron1976

I don't get this whole "Purple & Gold" High's B.S. push. They are damn near the ugliest shoe on that vote.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a all Gold or Purple shoe. The fact that it is a high makes it even worse.

I quess being over 16 years old is the another fact I don't like purple and gold ski boots on my feet.

Personally, I love all purple/all gold kicks. I love eggplant and gold FP1s, co.jp purple Vandals, co.jp purple AF2 Highs and Olympic gold Vandals to namesome (and I'm much older than 16). I have a bunch of reasons for wanting either pair released: 1. Both are solid color sneakers. 2. Both are Highs. Nikerarely (if ever) releases that combination anymore. 3. They have the OG shape (though I understand Nike might mess this up if they release). 4. They are hardto obtain not because they were "limited" but because they haven't been released in years. This means it's not going to be easy for me tofind a pair no matter how much money I'm willing to spend. Most "limited" sneakers can be found with the right amount of $$$, so them beingre-released is probably my best shot at finding either colorway (specifically the golds).
If we had the option in NYC of voting for the red/white 2003 LElows I might very well be voting for those (and they happen to hold similar criteria to the gold and purple highs except for that fact that they are lows).

I also think DJ Clark Kent did a horrible job of picking options. I would say 17/25 options can be obtained rather easily nowadays (some with a lot more cashthan others). To me, that means we really only have 8 options to choose from. Why re-release something that is still out there an easy enough to get?

Yo, in all honesty...I couldn't care less what gets picked for re-release. Instead of making up gimmicky promotions like this, nike should just focus onquality control and maybe have their designers do a little research about which colors DON'T CLASH.

i can def see why these aren't winning but i really like them. i actually like the white midsole+outsole combo on these. does anyone have actual pics ofthe shoes or release locale information? and for the hunters in this thread - you guys ever see these pop up on ebay or yahoo? i'm guessing they would bereasonably priced.

86pw8k0.jpg

Why re-release something that is still out there an easy enough to get?
thats because when DJ CK talks about af1 he doesn't think about the rarity and/or how limited the shoe is. He picked what he thought was hotand I def respect him for that.

iiljaybe3,

I understand what you're saying and I can definitely respect him for that, but actually if you look at the list most of the kicks are limited. My onlypoint is I prefer the more basic colorways Nike released in the past and therefore would prefer something from that era (and most of those kicks tend to behard to find now). When they do the re-release for all I care they can make it a GR and release 100,000 pairs.

Also, thinking about it now, the coolest thing to do would have been to only have NYC models on the list (which they probably could have pulled off consideringhow many NYCs have been released over the years).

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

i can def see why these aren't winning but i really like them. i actually like the white midsole+outsole combo on these. does anyone have actual pics of the shoes or release locale information? and for the hunters in this thread - you guys ever see these pop up on ebay or yahoo? i'm guessing they would be reasonably priced.

86pw8k0.jpg
I share your pain man! I think the votes should have consisted of more shoes like these instead of the majority of whats on the vote and whats the dealof b-more and philly having 03 red/white lows but ny doesnt have that option smh!

These should have easily been in the top 100 and should have been in the run for NYC voting crap. You guys can all thank Udi for that. I still rememberwatching the video with them picking the top 100 and everyone is told to take off 2 they fill iffy about and this dude goes and grabs 4 of the hottest af1 thatnike failed re-release or even release for that matter(then you see clark going off saying "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?...PUT THOSE BACK)
laugh.gif
. This guy is complete moron who the hell would wanna put up christmas af1 andinvisible over HK's saying its a fake swoosh and nike was in a rush
roll.gif
.So yea screw this guy Udi messing up my chance for getting a fresh pair. They should never let this guy vote for anything ever again.

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

i can def see why these aren't winning but i really like them. i actually like the white midsole+outsole combo on these. does anyone have actual pics of the shoes or release locale information? and for the hunters in this thread - you guys ever see these pop up on ebay or yahoo? i'm guessing they would be reasonably priced.

86pw8k0.jpg

those would match a bathrobe of the same color (mahogany)

The whole 1-thology was a BIG let down IMO. Super limited releases on a couple shoes that shouldn't have won.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

You guys can all thank Udi for that.

dude was straight lame status. (s)he needs a kick straight to the gonads. it doesn't matter because the stash forces would beat anything except playstations
laugh.gif
peopleloooove them playstations.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

You guys can all thank Udi for that. I still remember watching the video with them picking the top 100 and everyone is told to take off 2 they fill iffy about and this dude goes and grabs 4 of the hottest af1 that nike failed re-release or even release for that matter(then you see clark going off saying "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?...PUT THOSE BACK)
laugh.gif
. This guy is complete moron

lol, i kind of sort of remember that vid online, anyone have a link?

Back
Top Bottom