TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

Anyone here own a pair of goldenrod jewel lows? they are insane but i have never had any luck finding a pair

2494326850_972a6e226a.jpg

courtesy of MFPearson (obviously)

^ jdocs, those aren't goldenrod jewel low's. those are lemon twists. the goldenrod jewel lows are the ones that paul posted a while ago - all goldenroduppers, white jewel swoosh.

I actually talked to Dre about getting a few pairs before and eventually he just stopped responding...after we agreed on a price and all. It was strange. Iguess he knows that the longer he waits to sell, the more he'll get...I offered him $250 for navy/safety orange nyc jewels and I guess that wasn'tenough or something. Luckily I got them later that month, cheaper than that too. It's odd actually, this was before jewel swooshes became so sought after.

I'm gonna agree that the visible air unit and oversize logo kills those sheeds. Putting visible air on an AF1, to me, is like making an air max withoutvisible air....it's not right. It throws off the balance of the design.

Originally Posted by MFPearson

^ jdocs, those aren't goldenrod jewel low's. those are lemon twists. the goldenrod jewel lows are the ones that paul posted a while ago - all goldenrod uppers, white jewel swoosh.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
My bad
embarassed.gif
.. I thought they were these

2495309968_bd1b9c8d9d_o.jpg

Is it just me, or did nike digitally color most of the AF1s on the 1thology site? They look like white templates with the colors shopped on. A bunch of thecolors seem off to me as well...I'm gonna look for pics to show what I mean and try to post 'em up here. It seems to me that the people at nike knowless about 1s than most of us do.

dude is probably looking for the all yellow shoes with the jewel swoosh - like the carotenes above except replace the orange with the yellow.

The thing with Dre is that he doesn't need to sell shoes from his personal collection, so if you are to tempt him into letting shoes go you have to paysteep prices and wait a long time, but if he has a few of your grails its worth the time and money I guess.

Fiend I agree I think the 1thology site is a bit of a mess, they're quite a few shoes with the wrong colour ways which is down to most of them being photoshops. I think the people on here would do a much better job, that could also be said with the horrible top 100 that was chosen.

Here are the goldenrods younggunna28 finding a DS pair is pretty difficult.

beu338.jpg

I concur with the 1thology thing.

Also, some of the shoes with gum soles (eg. Courirs) show a clear sole instead...

Nice jewels Paul. The two beaters I owned of those never fulfilled my desire to own them. You're 100% right that real collectors would do a better jobcompiling an AF1 anthology, with real photos and real info. We should unite and make a real site...it needs to be done for real. I'm sure thatcollectively, we have a ton of different vintage pairs.

Anyway, a few examples. I just think it's kinda lame that nike can't even find actual pairs of the shoe, and here they are trying to hype up all theseclassics for their own benefit. I'm not trying to nit-pick at tiny details here...but it doesn't make sense to me.

Here's their picture of the '97 varsity red lows, notice how the back tab has the regular nike air logo...and the color is way off.

Here's what the back tab is supposed to look like:
25fk11x.jpg

And here's their pic of the navy NYC mids....no NYC logo on the tongue, no round laces. Pretty clear it's not an actual pic.

Comparison:
91039i.jpg

Also, what's up with all the jewel mids with colored swooshed and clear white soles that have up? I've NEVER seen a pair like that. Clear coloredsoles, yes. But plain clearsoles? Nike is trippin'.

OGFiend, yeah I noticed that too.

also, nice insoles of the NYC's
pimp.gif

EDIT: one more 1thology flaw, Choco suedes midsole and the stitching color is the same, and the brown is lighter.

dsc00870mediumvt6.jpg

PeoplesChamp..u killed it for me man...grey/yellow canvas and my GRAIL, Halloween Jewels...where did u get them from!!??

Originally Posted by OGfiend

Nice jewels Paul. The two beaters I owned of those never fulfilled my desire to own them. You're 100% right that real collectors would do a better job compiling an AF1 anthology, with real photos and real info. We should unite and make a real site...it needs to be done for real. I'm sure that collectively, we have a ton of different vintage pairs.

Anyway, a few examples. I just think it's kinda lame that nike can't even find actual pairs of the shoe, and here they are trying to hype up all these classics for their own benefit. I'm not trying to nit-pick at tiny details here...but it doesn't make sense to me.

Here's their picture of the '97 varsity red lows, notice how the back tab has the regular nike air logo...and the color is way off.

Here's what the back tab is supposed to look like:
25fk11x.jpg

And here's their pic of the navy NYC mids....no NYC logo on the tongue, no round laces. Pretty clear it's not an actual pic.

Comparison:
91039i.jpg

Also, what's up with all the jewel mids with colored swooshed and clear white soles that have up? I've NEVER seen a pair like that. Clear colored soles, yes. But plain clearsoles? Nike is trippin'.

anyone got these mids in a size 10-11? those are a grail of mine so let me know , i would definitely be interested

These came today, was starting to get worried.

Idk why but I always thought the swooshs were blue on these. These could be my new favorites, until my next package comes.

New arrival on PYS $199
smh.gif
..... had noidea these were releasing(shows how much i know)!?!?!
2rf4jgz.jpg
ei6mbm.jpg

vi165v.jpg
2199cna.jpg

...wish i was a size 8.5!!!
pimp.gif
Campers up there....definately on my"Most Wanted" list

Back
Top Bottom