..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

Those white and navy anniversary highs have good leather, the downfall didn't seem to come until years later

^ Just one or two years later though. And for a 20th anniversary release, the leather wasn't all that eithe

Originally Posted by donjuan513

The AF1 nobody wanted.
2nbxc3d.jpg

via regularolty
i still need a pair of these ??
10 or 10.5

Kazi/DK/PE AF1 Heads:

What does the "33" stitched on the inner portion of the tongue on the LeBron SNL's represent/mean? Thanks.

PO

^ Here's my guess...

Taken from Wikipedia:

"James, with comedian Jimmy Kimmel, co-hosted the 2007 ESPY Awards.James himself was nominated for three ESPYs: Best Male Athlete, BestNBA Player (winner), and Best Record Breaking Performance. Theperformance for which he was nominated was when he scored 48 points inGame 5 of the 2007 NBA Eastern Conference Finals against the DetroitPistons, including 29 of the last 30 points and all of the team's 25points in overtime.[sup][28][/sup] In other comedic pursuits, James hosted the 33rd season premiere of Saturday Night Live. The show's creator Lorne Michaels praised him for his versatility.
"

Originally Posted by mosneaksthanU

33rd person to host,
damn dude. there have been waaaay more people to host that show before lebron. looks like tyler might be right.
so were those the shoes in your avy kazi? searched the snl lebron force and i didn't like it that much. visible air 
sick.gif

I was amazed at how long it took for those to get binned ^, I even hit up a few people directing them to the auction

Originally Posted by OGfiend

denverairforce- I absolutely agree...I don't think we'll ever see the return of good leather, maybe on one or two freak pairs. "Hustle" is the best word to describe what Nike's doing...ever since "exclusive" sneakers became the trend, nike's been trying to make everything exclusive...but last I checked exclusive means unique and rare, which certainly isnt the case if everything the make is supposed to be collectible, its a huge contradiction.

All I can say is that I'm happy to have a stock of older air force 1s and no matter how much I feel like I've grown bored with collecting, I'll probably never stop buying older releases because I know that down the line it's only be harder and harder for me to find sneakers I'd actually wear.
What's irksome is that 'Premium' AF1s are now similar in quality to the 'Basic' crap. Does having Futura's name on the shoe justify the $40 price increase?

Originally Posted by MNadel

I was amazed at how long it took for those to get binned ^, I even hit up a few people directing them to the auction

You didnt direct me to that auction, I tried hitting that guy up and they were gone!

GT- nice man, so that's the pair mnadel told me about... (you didn't msg me back with a link
mad.gif
laugh.gif
lol it's all good though, glad someone here got them)
aand that's why you asked about the silicone oil huh. putting the pieces together now
laugh.gif

great pickups!

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

Originally Posted by mosneaksthanU

33rd person to host,
damn dude. there have been waaaay more people to host that show before lebron. looks like tyler might be right.
so were those the shoes in your avy kazi? searched the snl lebron force and i didn't like it that much. visible air 
sick.gif
Yea those were snl's in my avy awhile back. All the time I had them I never knew there was a 33 on the inside of the tounge.
laugh.gif

2qnr4tl.jpg

I'm guessing Tyler is right. If that's not it I have no idea why.

anybody know where I can find a pair of AF1 Olympic 180's? been on the hunt for those lately.......how u guys feel about em? I mean I've never even seen anyone down here in So. FLA wear'n em not even posted in this thread for that matter...............

lebron was prob the 33rd different person to host....

you gotta remember alot of times the that same comedians hosted multiple times.... 

don't think so, the show's been on the air for 35 years, I'm positive more than 33 people have hosted. I think it was like spacej said - the 33rd season premiere.

Back
Top Bottom