TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

What's up, fellas. Had an AF1 filled weekend. Too lazy to take/upload pics though, so you'll have to take my word for it. Ill Phil style.

Friday wore '91 white/orange lows. I'm getting a bit worried. Sole is starting to feel soft, similar to the way older AMs do when the bubble is all fogged.

Saturday wore '03 Black/white NYC lows.

Tonight wore linens.

Missed out on some great AM 95 pick-ups on the bay because I couldn't get home in time and couldn't successfully bid off the mobile. Circling forever to find parking in NYC strikes again! But, I have an AF1 package on the way, so things could be worse.

What's up, fellas. Had an AF1 filled weekend. Too lazy to take/upload pics though, so you'll have to take my word for it. Ill Phil style.

Friday wore '91 white/orange lows. I'm getting a bit worried. Sole is starting to feel soft, similar to the way older AMs do when the bubble is all fogged.

Saturday wore '03 Black/white NYC lows.

Tonight wore linens.

Missed out on some great AM 95 pick-ups on the bay because I couldn't get home in time and couldn't successfully bid off the mobile. Circling forever to find parking in NYC strikes again! But, I have an AF1 package on the way, so things could be worse.

thanks y all
wink.gif

damn great price for the white/gumsole 03 !

423286_10150562917074666_672809665_8606931_5758399_n.jpg

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

One of the most common misconceptions about today's global economy is that nothing is made by hand anymore. That's not true. There are more goods made by hand today than ever before. When companies set up overseas and use exploited workers, the cost of production is nearly zero. It's cheaper to use 12-year-old Indonesians than to purchase and maintain expensive machines. I'm serious - listen to the This American Life from a few weeks ago about FoxConn and Apple if you doubt me. So, while sourcing the material may be more difficult - even though advances in factory farming probably shouldn't even imply that would be the case - the cost of production is still nearly zero.

So, Nike Retro has ostensibly no advertising expenses, no R&D expenses, and the cost of production is virtually non-existent. So, why again, is the idea that we can't expect OG quality a reasonable argument? The only answer is corporate greed. And, that's no shock at all. Complaining that corporations are greedy is like complaining that Uncle Luke is raunchy. But, there are two conclusions here. One, don't defend Nike because when you do that you are falling in love with you captors - Stockholm Syndrome. Two, and more importantly, what we want CAN happen - there's no fundamental reason why it can not - so people who really care have to vote with their wallets. And, for the most part we do. Team AF1 does the vast majority of our business on the secondary market - where Nike doesn't see a penny of it. I spend literally thousands of dollars every year on sneakers - Nike/JB probably sees 25% of that at most. Overall, they're winning, but among US - they're leaving money on the table and LOSING.
BIP, solid post as always and no disrespect by omitting some of your post and the earlier quoted stuff. Didn't want to flood the thread with a wall of text.

You bring up a fantastic point in the bolded text and  I've wondered if Nike intentionally uses poorer manufacturing techniques and materials so that their consumer has to go out and replace their sneakers alot more frequently. In the videogame industry some game publishers are trying to stop the sale of used videogames altogether as they claim to lose a ton of money when a consumer goes out and buys a second hand copy.

Is this Nike's strategy too?

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

One of the most common misconceptions about today's global economy is that nothing is made by hand anymore. That's not true. There are more goods made by hand today than ever before. When companies set up overseas and use exploited workers, the cost of production is nearly zero. It's cheaper to use 12-year-old Indonesians than to purchase and maintain expensive machines. I'm serious - listen to the This American Life from a few weeks ago about FoxConn and Apple if you doubt me. So, while sourcing the material may be more difficult - even though advances in factory farming probably shouldn't even imply that would be the case - the cost of production is still nearly zero.

So, Nike Retro has ostensibly no advertising expenses, no R&D expenses, and the cost of production is virtually non-existent. So, why again, is the idea that we can't expect OG quality a reasonable argument? The only answer is corporate greed. And, that's no shock at all. Complaining that corporations are greedy is like complaining that Uncle Luke is raunchy. But, there are two conclusions here. One, don't defend Nike because when you do that you are falling in love with you captors - Stockholm Syndrome. Two, and more importantly, what we want CAN happen - there's no fundamental reason why it can not - so people who really care have to vote with their wallets. And, for the most part we do. Team AF1 does the vast majority of our business on the secondary market - where Nike doesn't see a penny of it. I spend literally thousands of dollars every year on sneakers - Nike/JB probably sees 25% of that at most. Overall, they're winning, but among US - they're leaving money on the table and LOSING.
BIP, solid post as always and no disrespect by omitting some of your post and the earlier quoted stuff. Didn't want to flood the thread with a wall of text.

You bring up a fantastic point in the bolded text and  I've wondered if Nike intentionally uses poorer manufacturing techniques and materials so that their consumer has to go out and replace their sneakers alot more frequently. In the videogame industry some game publishers are trying to stop the sale of used videogames altogether as they claim to lose a ton of money when a consumer goes out and buys a second hand copy.

Is this Nike's strategy too?

i think sneaker collectors make up a very small sliver of the nike profit machine anyway. we are probably just advertising tools to keep the brand relevant. tell me how much "profit" they made from the pigeon SBs? how much media coverage did they get? how much profit did they make from the yeezys? how much hype was built for the brand off that 1 shoe? how many people know the yeezys as compared to how many people know the LV dons/jaspers? they will continue to pump out low quality garbage to the masses at huge profit margins because it's what they do best and we will continue to be their pawns. 

i think sneaker collectors make up a very small sliver of the nike profit machine anyway. we are probably just advertising tools to keep the brand relevant. tell me how much "profit" they made from the pigeon SBs? how much media coverage did they get? how much profit did they make from the yeezys? how much hype was built for the brand off that 1 shoe? how many people know the yeezys as compared to how many people know the LV dons/jaspers? they will continue to pump out low quality garbage to the masses at huge profit margins because it's what they do best and we will continue to be their pawns. 

Just saw on Nike ID's facebook that they are releasing AF1 high and lows with elephant print on Feb. 1st- Limited to 750 pairs
eek.gif

Just saw on Nike ID's facebook that they are releasing AF1 high and lows with elephant print on Feb. 1st- Limited to 750 pairs
eek.gif

This should be interesting. I hope you can do the back panel too on the lows. In the pics they're just on the front portion of the shoe.

This should be interesting. I hope you can do the back panel too on the lows. In the pics they're just on the front portion of the shoe.

people are so damn greedy... or just oblivious. some size 11 NDS hong kongs on ebay, starting bid... $400. that's before the $50 shipping from australia.

just don't even bother wasting the $$$ on the listing fees if you're gonna be so unreasonable.

Back
Top Bottom