TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Originally Posted by Rampagefr

very very nice id KVN , i had the same in mind but with grey nubuck in place of the black

HAPPY ME ... still on the hunt for my 9.5/10 .... ( they are 11.5 )

420436_10150620738674666_672809665_8752341_967780888_n.jpg

420436_10150620738639666_192830815_n.jpg

wowzers! my size too...
mad.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rampagefr

very very nice id KVN , i had the same in mind but with grey nubuck in place of the black

HAPPY ME ... still on the hunt for my 9.5/10 .... ( they are 11.5 )

420436_10150620738674666_672809665_8752341_967780888_n.jpg

420436_10150620738639666_192830815_n.jpg

wowzers! my size too...
mad.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

The Clark Kent 112 Barney Hi

Rumor is they were supposed to release with a matching purple mink coat.

laugh.gif
.  I've thought about getting a black mink coat to match my Courirs... but then I realize I wasn't even close to being female enough!

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

The Clark Kent 112 Barney Hi

Rumor is they were supposed to release with a matching purple mink coat.

laugh.gif
.  I've thought about getting a black mink coat to match my Courirs... but then I realize I wasn't even close to being female enough!

Originally Posted by Technique 317

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

Saw an old pic that jogged my memory on some additional AF1s that I owned back in the day. It reminded me how many pairs I must have worn to play ball in during high school years... which, then prompted memory of another fashion staple of that era. To the fellow NYCers in this thread, does this pic mean anything to you guys?

50415_210182018733_1895225_n.jpg
I normally just lurk around NT these days....but that pic just brought me back to my youth, and I had to comment....I had drawers and drawers filled with Olafs......Wish I woulda hung on to them over the years....classic 90's right there
Word. That's the archetype of modern basketball shorts right there. Olaf's are a relic of the era back when there were barriers to entry in "urban" culture. The shorts were cheap, but there was only one place to get them and the store was located basically in the middle of Taft Projects, IIRC.

The kiddies getting fresh with their mommy's credit cards just couldn't pull this nonsense off back in the days.

When they "cleaned up" NYC, they just pushed the petty criminals out to make it safe for the crime overlords. Now our whole society can get robbed on 125... by corporations. Now, not just a few tricks, but women as a whole can get exploited on 42nd, not by pimps, but billboards that promote superficiality and unattainable standards.

When I was a young buck, I might have had to throw hands for my Starter jacket, but NYC was a healthier place overall. Olafs and AF1s. People love to talk about what has been gained by gentrification and the sterilization of NYC, but few stand up to articulate what was lost in the process.

Nice avy, BTW.  Harlem Renaissance FTW.

Originally Posted by Technique 317

Saw an old pic that jogged my memory on some additional AF1s that I owned back in the day. It reminded me how many pairs I must have worn to play ball in during high school years... which, then prompted memory of another fashion staple of that era. To the fellow NYCers in this thread, does this pic mean anything to you guys?

50415_210182018733_1895225_n.jpg
I normally just lurk around NT these days....but that pic just brought me back to my youth, and I had to comment....I had drawers and drawers filled with Olafs......Wish I woulda hung on to them over the years....classic 90's right there
Word. That's the archetype of modern basketball shorts right there. Olaf's are a relic of the era back when there were barriers to entry in "urban" culture. The shorts were cheap, but there was only one place to get them and the store was located basically in the middle of Taft Projects, IIRC.

The kiddies getting fresh with their mommy's credit cards just couldn't pull this nonsense off back in the days.

When they "cleaned up" NYC, they just pushed the petty criminals out to make it safe for the crime overlords. Now our whole society can get robbed on 125... by corporations. Now, not just a few tricks, but women as a whole can get exploited on 42nd, not by pimps, but billboards that promote superficiality and unattainable standards.

When I was a young buck, I might have had to throw hands for my Starter jacket, but NYC was a healthier place overall. Olafs and AF1s. People love to talk about what has been gained by gentrification and the sterilization of NYC, but few stand up to articulate what was lost in the process.

Nice avy, BTW.  Harlem Renaissance FTW.

Yeah, to be honest, I can live with the teenybopper "sneakerheads." But, when the Polo revival jumped off, that got me reaching for blood pressure medication.

Dudes coming out of TJ Maxx thinking they Thirstin Howl or something.

Quote Prodigy - "made me want to get on some old high school [stuff], punching [dudes] in they faces just for living"

Yeah, to be honest, I can live with the teenybopper "sneakerheads." But, when the Polo revival jumped off, that got me reaching for blood pressure medication.

Quote Prodigy - "made me want to get on some old high school [stuff], punching [dudes] in they faces just for living"

lmao 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@ dudes down south copping polo from outlets thinking they're fooling anyone 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

lmao 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@ dudes down south copping polo from outlets thinking they're fooling anyone 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

LMAOOOOO!!!! The title of this thread >>>>
To be honest though he's right. How you guys think all of these old AF1s are better than newer rare hyperstrikes makes no sense. Its like a 1999 White Cement 4 VS. an UNDFTD Jordan 4. The Cements are more classic no doubt, but in terms of straight HEAT?? UNDFTDS by a mile. I can respect all these older forces, but they cant be treated the same.. as say a Vibe AF1 or a Playstation AF1. Its just no comparison in my honest opinion. 

LMAOOOOO!!!! The title of this thread >>>>
To be honest though he's right. How you guys think all of these old AF1s are better than newer rare hyperstrikes makes no sense. Its like a 1999 White Cement 4 VS. an UNDFTD Jordan 4. The Cements are more classic no doubt, but in terms of straight HEAT?? UNDFTDS by a mile. I can respect all these older forces, but they cant be treated the same.. as say a Vibe AF1 or a Playstation AF1. Its just no comparison in my honest opinion. 

Confucius say post count highly indicative of credibility.

there are more UNDFTD IV's in the world than there are of many of the pairs we list in here on the regular.

Confucius say post count highly indicative of credibility.

there are more UNDFTD IV's in the world than there are of many of the pairs we list in here on the regular.

to me, it's not just colorblocking. it's about the shape and materials (quality of leather, liner, tongue, soles)
no matter how limited, eye-popping color they are in, af1's never the same as what they used to be.
I was never into af1's during its hayday and I really wish I had appreciated them back then.

With nike not doing justice to the 30 years of history, it's quite disappointing.
It must be even harder for those who used to cop those now vintage heat pairs fresh off shelves.

i mean materials could be brought back if you really spend money on bespokes but i don't think the original shape will ever be revived unless bespokes offer options on traidional or modern shapes, which i don't know about.

Back
Top Bottom