TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

to me, it's not just colorblocking. it's about the shape and materials (quality of leather, liner, tongue, soles)
no matter how limited, eye-popping color they are in, af1's never the same as what they used to be.
I was never into af1's during its hayday and I really wish I had appreciated them back then.

With nike not doing justice to the 30 years of history, it's quite disappointing.
It must be even harder for those who used to cop those now vintage heat pairs fresh off shelves.

i mean materials could be brought back if you really spend money on bespokes but i don't think the original shape will ever be revived unless bespokes offer options on traidional or modern shapes, which i don't know about.

Correct Shape, proper color placement, quality leather, nylon tongue... Sums it up. Newer stuff is gimmick after gimmick. slap some fuzzy carpet or rat hair on a shoe and call it a tier 0... instant hypebeast shoe. That said, some are not bad at all and I am victim as well on occasion (2 pairs of denims, 3 elephant print IDs on the way, etc). But when it comes to AF1s, vintage >>> newer 1s any day. Wouldn't mind making a couple Bespokes if you could in Cali! But, give me 3 pairs of Bespokes or 1 pair of Lemon Twists... Lemon Twists all day.

To each his own.

edit: p5, you made a good point about the soles.  Older AF1s soles take a pounding, these newer ones burn up real quick.

Correct Shape, proper color placement, quality leather, nylon tongue... Sums it up. Newer stuff is gimmick after gimmick. slap some fuzzy carpet or rat hair on a shoe and call it a tier 0... instant hypebeast shoe. That said, some are not bad at all and I am victim as well on occasion (2 pairs of denims, 3 elephant print IDs on the way, etc). But when it comes to AF1s, vintage >>> newer 1s any day. Wouldn't mind making a couple Bespokes if you could in Cali! But, give me 3 pairs of Bespokes or 1 pair of Lemon Twists... Lemon Twists all day.

To each his own.

edit: p5, you made a good point about the soles.  Older AF1s soles take a pounding, these newer ones burn up real quick.

Originally Posted by golfinguru11

LMAOOOOO!!!! The title of this thread >>>>
To be honest though he's right. How you guys think all of these old AF1s are better than newer rare hyperstrikes makes no sense. Its like a 1999 White Cement 4 VS. an UNDFTD Jordan 4. The Cements are more classic no doubt, but in terms of straight HEAT?? UNDFTDS by a mile. I can respect all these older forces, but they cant be treated the same.. as say a Vibe AF1 or a Playstation AF1. Its just no comparison in my honest opinion. 
Log off, my dude (but not before you read this). Don't you have to send a whiny tweet about my man, Corgi, or something?

What is "heat" anyway?

UNDFTD IVs are beaters anyway, my man. Am I right, Phase2x?

Heat is in the eye of the beholder. If somebody gave me a pair of Vibes or Playstations, I'd only use them as trade bait for real, vintage joints. I don't know what it is that y'all hardheads don't understand. Everything has a golden era, and being "rare" ain't the same thing as being good.

Your analogy is misconceived. How about this, what if Wiz Khalifa made a special Happy Birthday GolfingGuru rap, especially for you? And, somebody could only hear it if they logged on to your special website and paid an obscene amount per play. Is that a "hotter" track than "Microphone Fiend" because the latter isn't exclusive enough? Of course not, quality is quality and it never gets played out, and it can never be overtaken by (perceived) rarity. A limited recent AF1 is just a misshapen bastardization of a classic - no matter how rare it is. A few new releases are good enough that I'll cop anyway, but they can't compete with the original.

And, your vague definition of "heat" seems to imply exclusivity being a major criterion. Well, I got news for you, your "heat" loses that battle too. How about this - you try to find a DS pair of lemon twists, and I'll try to find a pair of DS Playstations. If you can find and buy the Lemon Twists first, I'll buy you the Playstations. If I can find and buy the Playstations first, you buy me the twists? Who do you think will win? I can buy a pair of Vibes, Entourages, and Playstations all by taking a 10-minute detour on my way home from work tonight, if I feel like it. 

Originally Posted by golfinguru11

LMAOOOOO!!!! The title of this thread >>>>
To be honest though he's right. How you guys think all of these old AF1s are better than newer rare hyperstrikes makes no sense. Its like a 1999 White Cement 4 VS. an UNDFTD Jordan 4. The Cements are more classic no doubt, but in terms of straight HEAT?? UNDFTDS by a mile. I can respect all these older forces, but they cant be treated the same.. as say a Vibe AF1 or a Playstation AF1. Its just no comparison in my honest opinion. 
Log off, my dude (but not before you read this). Don't you have to send a whiny tweet about my man, Corgi, or something?

What is "heat" anyway?

UNDFTD IVs are beaters anyway, my man. Am I right, Phase2x?

Heat is in the eye of the beholder. If somebody gave me a pair of Vibes or Playstations, I'd only use them as trade bait for real, vintage joints. I don't know what it is that y'all hardheads don't understand. Everything has a golden era, and being "rare" ain't the same thing as being good.

Your analogy is misconceived. How about this, what if Wiz Khalifa made a special Happy Birthday GolfingGuru rap, especially for you? And, somebody could only hear it if they logged on to your special website and paid an obscene amount per play. Is that a "hotter" track than "Microphone Fiend" because the latter isn't exclusive enough? Of course not, quality is quality and it never gets played out, and it can never be overtaken by (perceived) rarity. A limited recent AF1 is just a misshapen bastardization of a classic - no matter how rare it is. A few new releases are good enough that I'll cop anyway, but they can't compete with the original.

And, your vague definition of "heat" seems to imply exclusivity being a major criterion. Well, I got news for you, your "heat" loses that battle too. How about this - you try to find a DS pair of lemon twists, and I'll try to find a pair of DS Playstations. If you can find and buy the Lemon Twists first, I'll buy you the Playstations. If I can find and buy the Playstations first, you buy me the twists? Who do you think will win? I can buy a pair of Vibes, Entourages, and Playstations all by taking a 10-minute detour on my way home from work tonight, if I feel like it. 

Black Supreme IDs came in.. 1/500 pairs made on NikeID Im sure
laugh.gif

6ie3og.jpg

Not bad. I think a White Supreme pair would have looked better though.

Black Supreme IDs came in.. 1/500 pairs made on NikeID Im sure
laugh.gif

6ie3og.jpg

Not bad. I think a White Supreme pair would have looked better though.

I can buy a pair of Vibes, Entourages, and Playstations all by taking a 10-minute detour on my way home from work tonight, if I feel like it. 

Spot on. A collection that takes years beats one that takes dollars.

laugh.gif
nadel i figured those would be yours for sure!

I can buy a pair of Vibes, Entourages, and Playstations all by taking a 10-minute detour on my way home from work tonight, if I feel like it. 

Spot on. A collection that takes years beats one that takes dollars.

laugh.gif
nadel i figured those would be yours for sure!

I believe the burnt olives ended for exactly, $102.73. 
wink.gif

Honestly, you probably would have won if it didn't end during work hours. For some reason, I usually bid live if I'm going to be around, but if the auction is ending while I'm at work I use esnipe. And, for some reason, I always put higher max bids in my esnipe than I would normally bid. So, a lot of time I get outbid live bidding at the last minute, even though I'd actually pay the final price, but I'm trying to eke out a bargain and not drive up the price. Esnipe, I just say screw it, I'll pay X and then I just forget about it and find out how much it wound up costing later.

Bidding really shot up at the end of the auction even more than usual though - they were like $20 with less than an hour left.

wink.gif

Honestly, you probably would have won if it didn't end during work hours. For some reason, I usually bid live if I'm going to be around, but if the auction is ending while I'm at work I use esnipe. And, for some reason, I always put higher max bids in my esnipe than I would normally bid. So, a lot of time I get outbid live bidding at the last minute, even though I'd actually pay the final price, but I'm trying to eke out a bargain and not drive up the price. Esnipe, I just say screw it, I'll pay X and then I just forget about it and find out how much it wound up costing later.

Bidding really shot up at the end of the auction even more than usual though - they were like $20 with less than an hour left.

wink.gif

I don't know if any NYCers are watching this Knicks game, but Frank White would be proud of Walt Clyde Frazier's suit.

I don't know if any NYCers are watching this Knicks game, but Frank White would be proud of Walt Clyde Frazier's suit.

And, just to spam the thread, here's another post. Snapped this off my dog last night, using some linens as a pillow.

Don't sweat the Shake Weight - it's a PE

Back
Top Bottom