TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Originally Posted by DeNs415

There is a Pittsburg about 20 minutes east of Oakland, CA.

Not the Pittsburgh with an H lol

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My bad.  Well, either way---that's love.  Respect.  

Originally Posted by MNadel

myself included,

I think we should be a little more understanding of the people who come in here asking stupid questions or generally stupid comments.

Over the computer we have no idea what the mental state of these people are and it sucks - because maybe the kid came to these forums as an outlet for acceptance and even got rejected here

Shouldn't be that way

rip to the kid
It's a shame. Condolences to his family and friends.

I know I can be testy, but as long as people come in on the humble, I either act nicely or keep my mouth shut entirely. If people are coming here to make friends, they won't make enemies with me - the worst that'll happen is that we won't talk. When people come in with a bad attitude, hey.

.. If you - not you, Nadel, the collective "us" you - feel you've mistreated somebody, then you have to live with that regardless whether it had a terrible effect or no effect on the person. We shouldn't feel bad or not based upon the effect of your words/actions, but the intent. If you feel you acted inappropriately, you are no less in the wrong if nothing actually happens. If you act that way from jump, you won't have to worry about regrets.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by golfinguru11

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 (i need a 10-10.5 SO BADLY)
What I would do for a 9.5

Serious question - when you say things like this, what do you actually mean? Playstations aren't really all that difficult to come across - if you're willing to pay, they can be found. Sure, it may take a while to locate your size, but if this shoe is a grail, it's not all that difficult to obtain.

Now, I know the price is prohibitive for a lot of people. ...But, if that's the case say "I wish I could afford these," not "I'd do anything for these," when "anything" apparently doesn't include saving up money, going to Flightclub.com and adding them to your cart.

I'm not willing to pay their price either, but I don't sit here and say that I'd do anything for them. If you'd do anything for a shoe that's readily attainable, then why don't you have it.

I know both of you guys have some valuable pieces in your collections, if you want something that bad, sell some of your other stuff and get 'em.

BIP Roberts wrote:
when "anything" apparently doesn't include saving up money, going to Flightclub.com and adding them to your cart. 

hahaha.  i know your post was serious, derek - but i got a kick out of it, because it's the truth.  i know "i'd do anything" is a figurative expression - but if you want them THAT badly, they are obtainable.
back to what you and mike were talking about - while shoe collecting/wearing/displaying is a hobby that we all share, and something that unites us - it is something that unfortunately spurs a ton of jealousy, at the same time.  i know i've felt it, and maybe i've even said something that i shouldn't have said at some point because of it.  even the people with the best collections on here don't have everything - everyone is inevitably going to be jealous of something at some point.  i think very few people come in here with the sole intention of stirring things up (although there will always be the exception) - people just let their emotions get the best of them.  gotta learn to keep that in check, and be happy for other people - and be happy with what you have.  be constructive with your words and thoughts - not destructive.

this was already almost 4 years ago - wonder if the soles are still this clear... pretty sure someone in here bought them from me:

I think "I'd do anything" means "I'd do anything for a pair at retail..." or it just means "I wish these were somehow obtainable for a price I could afford." It's like when someone says "How you doin?" instead of "Hi." because they don't really want you to tell them how you're doing.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

I think "I'd do anything" means "I'd do anything for a pair at retail..." or it just means "I wish these were somehow obtainable for a price I could afford." It's like when someone says "How you doin?" instead of "Hi." because they don't really want you to tell them how you're doing.

This.

But it's silly. It's meaningless hyperbole.

I'd do anything for a pair for retail... that can be said about a million pairs of shoes. That's not possible - hell, "retail" never even existed for those shoes, right?!

I always say that if I were to buy one hyper, it would the Kobe denims. But, I damn sure ain't gonna buy them regardless of whether I can afford them. So, I just say they are my favorite hyper. That's it. Simple.

But, people are always complaining about how people flake when they are trying to sell shoes. Well, where do you think it starts? From people fronting like they'd do "anything" for a certain pair. "Anything" except actually pay for them, I guess! Somebody posts - Oh, I LOVE that, or I NEED that, or THE THINGS I WOULD DO FOR THAT, and then somebody PMs them and is like, hey, I got or know of one for the sale. And, the other dude is like, "Pass." All because people are basically to fragile to say, "I like those, but I can't afford them" or "I like those, but no way I'd pay market price."

Whatever, it's not really serious even though I said serious question. It's more of a "say what you mean" issue and another example of how people front online.

yeah, Kobe denims are on "that" list. I passed up that pair of size elevens... mistake. I think Serg has 'em. Kazi has another pair of 11s i believe. Not sure how many are out there, that might be it, plus one or two more. Couldn't pony up the $1000 back in the day.

laugh.gif
, just looked for a pic.  Came across an old BEATMAGIC on 5th Dimension thread...
laugh.gif
, that takes me back almost a decade.  Still remember his meltdown on NT.

mfpearson, that would be me 
smile.gif

soles are still that clear!

i actually took a pic of them the other day for someone:

with all the recent campers love, anyone catch the flightclub size 10.5 ds pair on sale for 150$? in store ny only.

no clue on whats a fair price for that pair but doesnt seem too bad.

Originally Posted by m tr4nch

smile.gif

awesome, that's right.  glad they stayed fresh!  those were originally DK's, and he used to keep them individually wrapped up in saran wrap... the amount of care that has been put into that pair of shoes...

Originally Posted by ArmenExchange

with all the recent campers love, anyone catch the flightclub size 10.5 ds pair on sale for 150$? in store ny only.

no clue on whats a fair price for that pair but doesnt seem too bad.
Yeah. That's a fair price, especially from FC. They've actually been up there for a while. I'm surprised. If they were my size I would have plucked them. I picked up a pair not too long ago from Corgi for a little less than that and a Fernando Valenzuela rookie card, word to Born in East LA. J/P, but if you're lurking Corgi, get at me.

those taiwans look so damn hot

In 2011 campers were going cheaap for a while.. saw a few ds pairs under 100.  That is long over tho.. 150 is probably pretty accurate

Aight. Time to repent for my walls of text last night by posting some pics. I was stuck at the side gig waiting for some single-A Florida State league to finish and needed to make some convo. Damn debacle went 14 innings. Anyway...

So, here's what I was mentioning a while ago regarding the white/purple highs. Check the strap on mine - different from that on the pairs posted by others.

Okay, and now, yet another installment in the Crayola series, co-starring Tina. And, since I was yapping about the youngins not knowing who Keith Haring is on the celebs thread, this one features a special Haring print. The color of the day is orange

Left to right:

White, orange low 1991
White, Hoop Orange low 1999
White, Orange Jewel Mid 1996
Carrot, White Jewel low 1998
Safety Orange, White Canvas low 2001

Originally Posted by MFPearson

Originally Posted by m tr4nch

smile.gif

awesome, that's right.  glad they stayed fresh!  those were originally DK's, and he used to keep them individually wrapped up in saran wrap... the amount of care that has been put into that pair of shoes...
I know someone with an icier/better condition pair though 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yo Bip, there was a pair of 95 white/purple highs that had that strap exactly.  In my opinion your pair was missing a strap and replaced by the wrong strap.  Personally I like leather straps a lot better

Idk whats with this arguing over how much we would spend on what pair - at this point the arguement is between people who actually earn their money and have learned the value of the dollar versus people who have not. 

Originally Posted by MFPearson

amazing. i still keep them in a ziplock bag.

Back
Top Bottom