TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Are those mid jewels with that colorshifting swoosh and yellow outsole a sample? I seen them on ebay in a sample.

MNadel, them %#+## is gorgeous.

Bip, stellar as always. I don't do jewels, but an ill colorway is just that. And I seent a lot of that in that pic.

Damn Mike those are some very sick dusty old AF1s that you probably don't even own any more that aren't as good as YOTD & YOTR.

What I would do to get at least half of the '97 and '98 series of AF1s in my size.

Did I miss anything?

Seriously though, nice stuff.

But seriously though... ... ...What I would do to get at least half of the '97 and '98 series of AF1s in my size.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Just give me those NYC broncos and the Iverson Jewel mids and I'm good for the rest of the year.

what pair are you referring to as "iverson jewel mids"...
i saw that post, went back to that pic looking for a pair of georgetown jewel mids.  huh?  definitely need an explanation here.

espn_g_iverson_rookie_200.jpg

my guess

The white, red, blue mids that had that pearlized blue toe and heel and the ice sole came out just after the Reebok Questions first released. Everybody said it was an obvious take on the iverson, and everybody in NYC beasted for those things. I spent all summer that year looking for my size.

Maza - those Gums look amazing in that pic, my pair is reachin beater status
MN - really dope pair
and BIP im happy to see you got those samples jewels, glad there in the team

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

The white, red, blue mids that had that pearlized blue toe and heel and the ice sole came out just after the Reebok Questions first released. Everybody said it was an obvious take on the iverson, and everybody in NYC beasted for those things. I spent all summer that year looking for my size.
IDK Ive always called them the independence day mids, but of course I wasn't in the sneaker game copping heavy when they released in 97 like all you guys. So what do i know? I'll leave it to the vintage aficionados to decide what they're called. 
And as for 8tothe24, Nice starter snapback!!!! 

66984_o.gif

laugh.gif
, nothing serious... ... ...they were blanks.

But seriously though, what I would do for the 97 98 series of AF1s.

Pana- man I would've never guessed you were talking about those until Michael posted that picture then I knew those were coming.

Those are pretty ice though. They're also referred to as Independence/4th of July Mids too right?

Originally Posted by sergdamerg

Pana- man I would've never guessed you were talking about those until Michael posted that picture then I knew those were coming.

Those are pretty ice though. They're also referred to as Independence/4th of July Mids too right?

Yeah, I forgot that they're called Independence day mids.  I think "Iverson Mids" was probably more of a slang term, but it was pretty common.  Maybe more in the hood, lol.  

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I finally copped those samples off Jeremy.

Jewels are only a small part of my collection and only the Indy day (and maybe the Halloweens) jewels vie for a spot on my favorite AF1s of all time, but as the wise Phil said, an ill colorway is an ill colorway. FTR, I also don't remember the Indys being referred to as "Iversons" but after last night, I don't remember a lot of things, honestly.

I mean, the Mets finally notched a no-no!!!! ...I was certain Beltran was going to break it up - especially with Wainwright having started for the Cards, there was just too much poetry and history of Mets disappointment to expect anything else.

Originally Posted by RussianBear

MNadel, SICK , man!

BIP Robertsm, WHO ARE U? @%# . MUCH RESPECT
Thanks, man.

I'm just a dude who loves shoes and values quality, simplicity, and history. Just like most of the others who hang around here.

check out my reggie miller jewel mids

just playing.  i definitely see the resemblance between the questions and indy jewel mids.  just never heard anyone call them iversons before, but it makes sense.

^ did they die?!

ha yeah pana, i think those are universally referred to as michigans, just like the indy's - but lots of forces have regional names, too. i just never heard any of them, having grown up in milwaukee. we're not fashion-forward enough.

All of the college colorways became pretty well used

Those emeralds are off the wall fresh.  I wish my pair was like that.  Too sick

Back
Top Bottom