TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Out of curiosity, has anybody put together an AF1 price guide?

It's a Herculean task, and also subjective, but even something tracking prices of ending ebay auctions could be useful.

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

It's a Herculean task, and also subjective, but even something tracking prices of ending ebay auctions could be useful.
BIP this is a bad idea, especially with the shoe 'game' being the way it is. The last thing you'd need is for the resellers to get wind of the net worth of some of the older gems.

Originally Posted by vood99

BIP this is a bad idea, especially with the shoe 'game' being the way it is. The last thing you'd need is for the resellers to get wind of the net worth of some of the older gems.
Yeah - I feel you. It could work either way. I also see some people overvaluing some of the more "inner-circle" AF1s.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're happy with the price you're paying that's all that matters. And, for pricing questions, we can always consult others in the thread privately. So, perhaps the game is to be sold not to be told.

Yeah - I feel you. It could work either way. I also see some people overvaluing some of the more "inner-circle" AF1s.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're happy with the price you're paying that's all that matters. And, for pricing questions, we can always consult others in the thread privately. So, perhaps the game is to be sold not to be told.

All year 2000 and older AF1s in size 11.0 are worth $50 DS condition (shipped)... sellers get at me.
laugh.gif

these new so called sneakerheads will never be in the air force 1 game...becasue first of all the new stuff blows...but i did the other day walk in at a local shop to pick up those roshe runs..and i must say the leather quality is comng back a little...but still the structure and the padding..also the toe cap will never be the same..anways side tracked sorry..lol..but in order to get these old af1 gems you got to put work in to search for those gems...and alot of these people are so hyped up on this newer retro jordan crap...and you got lebron, kobes, KD's...hypebeast dont have time and money to look for the old stuff...there camping out for every new release tht comes out...lol....i thank Nelly everyday for putting tht AF1 song out...it was like a flame torch for all those hypebeast...this is people when thy talk about AF1'S...man i dont like them becasue Nelly put tht songs out...im like i know right..lol....not knowing anything about the beauty and shape in the older  AF1's.....all people want now is hype and cash value...lol..people  probly camped out for those LIN forces...which are terriable...and saw thy are going for $300 out of country..lol...but everything is about hype now...and im glad...but i dont think it will ever effect the af1 game....and we dont need to post a chart value either...we all know the value and what we would pay...we keep it tight in here..we are a small but passionate community...lets keep it lk...

Originally Posted by kicks4eva

these new so called sneakerheads will never be in the air force 1 game...becasue first of all the new stuff blows...but i did the other day walk in at a local shop to pick up those roshe runs..and i must say the leather quality is comng back a little...but still the structure and the padding..also the toe cap will never be the same..anways side tracked sorry..lol..but in order to get these old af1 gems you got to put work in to search for those gems...and alot of these people are so hyped up on this newer retro jordan crap...and you got lebron, kobes, KD's...hypebeast dont have time and money to look for the old stuff...there camping out for every new release tht comes out...lol....i thank Nelly everyday for putting tht AF1 song out...it was like a flame torch for all those hypebeast...this is people when thy talk about AF1'S...man i dont like them becasue put tht songs out...im like i know right..lol....not knowing anything about the beauty and shape in the older  AF1's.....all people want now is hype and cash value...lol..people  probly camped out for those LIN forces...which are terriable...and saw thy are going for $300 out of country..lol...but everything is about hype now...and im glad...but i dont think it will ever effect the af1 game....and we dont need to post a chart value either...we all know the value and what we would pay...we keep it tight in here..we are a small but passionate community...lets keep it lk...

pimp.gif

preach.jpg

I agree but I also think kobes and lebrons are still being made really well.  The elites that came out were completely dope

99% of sneakerheads don't even relate to "vintage air force 1".  I was a jordan collector until I stumbled upon OGFiends videos four years ago.  When people hear af1 they think of the plastic box joints they see on clearance at footaction

yeah..wasnt really refering to quality with those...,just stating everybodys on those particular sneakers.but oh yeah the newer nike basketball stuff is superb quality...

I don't mind at all.  I get so damn excited when I find a pair I really want and at that get them for under 200$.  It feels like being a little kid again and getting that rare action figure that was always sold out at Toys R Us. lol

I avoid being a follower though.. thats what attracted me to af1s.  That and the fact that they are always wearable even after 50 years.

Amen BIP. Let the 'New Jacks' stick to their YOTD AF1s, VT Camos and whatever other junk they put out.

these new so called sneakerheads will never be in the air force 1 game...becasue first of all the new stuff blows...but i did the other day walk in at a local shop to pick up those roshe runs..and i must say the leather quality is comng back a little...but still the structure and the padding..also the toe cap will never be the same..anways side tracked sorry..lol..but in order to get these old af1 gems you got to put work in to search for those gems...and alot of these people are so hyped up on this newer retro jordan crap...and you got lebron, kobes, KD's...hypebeast dont have time and money to look for the old stuff...there camping out for every new release tht comes out...lol....i thank Nelly everyday for putting tht AF1 song out...it was like a flame torch for all those hypebeast...this is people when thy talk about AF1'S...man i dont like them becasue Nelly put tht songs out...im like i know right..lol....not knowing anything about the beauty and shape in the older  AF1's.....all people want now is hype and cash value...lol..people  probly camped out for those LIN forces...which are terriable...and saw thy are going for $300 out of country..lol...but everything is about hype now...and im glad...but i dont think it will ever effect the af1 game....and we dont need to post a chart value either...we all know the value and what we would pay...we keep it tight in here..we are a small but passionate community...lets keep it lk...
My man, I feel what you're saying but you need to use paragraphs, periods and the RETURN/ENTER key.

Funny thing is that Nelly was actually responsible for driving up AF1 hype with that joint back in '02 - I distinctly remember people asking if we carried 'Uptowns' in our store. Now people dislike 'Uptowns' thanks to that song - hopefully people will start disliking JB product in a short while after they find out he put out 'Stepped on my J'z'!
laugh.gif

I guess, I'm partially talking to myself with that post. I kind of wish I kept a document with more that reference for my own use - like the FC archive, but wider in scope. Sometimes, I'll talk to somebody who is trying to move a pair and we talk about pricing and I know I saw that pair go for X on ebay like a year ago, but don't have any reference point to prove it. It can be a neutral base for negotiations. But, in truth, Voo is right, as usual. I'm pro barriers to entry into subcultures. I feel like people in the culture should be helpful when approached respectfully, but you shouldn't be able to get a pre-packaged kit to make you a sneakerphile, graff writer, Civil War buff, poker player, whatever...

As for the Jordans, Lebrons, etc.The Brons and what not are high quality b-ball shoes using new technology and all that. I don't love the hype, but it's good to see Nike have a current line that's relevant and gaining real buzz. That probably hasn't really happened since, I dunno, the SB dunk - and I'm not sure you can even call that "current," since it was based on a retro model and, therefore, more of a hybrid design. But, the true dynamic protecting the AF1 is that its history is overwhelming and the amount of colorways you have to be familiar with is post-grad stuff; Jays are a GED. You need a bit more than money to amass a dope and complete AF1 collection. You need knowledge and patience too.

I never thought i'd say this when I wanted a pair more than anything but i've had the opportunity to own 5 DS pairs of those navy/red jewels.  2 10s, 9.5, and 2 9s

damn, I need some indy jewel lows. I know those are 11.0 too. Had a chance on that last ebay run, but spent too much time going back and forth with that seller. Stings every time I see a pair.

My man, I feel what you're saying but you need to use paragraphs, periods and the RETURN/ENTER key.

Funny thing is that Nelly was actually responsible for driving up AF1 hype with that joint back in '02 - I distinctly remember people asking if we carried 'Uptowns' in our store. Now people dislike 'Uptowns' thanks to that song - hopefully people will start disliking JB product in a short while after they find out he put out 'Stepped on my J'z'!
laugh.gif

hahaha...yeah i feel you on the periods and return and enter key...lol..but yeah jb seems like there going very strong at the moment, ill just stick to my early or og's.

xilegacy- doope nvy/red jewels...regret letting mine go..i was thinkning i could find another pair pretty quick, i thought wrong..lol..

got a couple nice ebay purchases coming tomorrow or thursday... wondering if anyone on here even saw them - a '99 pair and '01 pair, both DS w/box, for what i consider to be a very nice price.

i'll try to post pics once they come, plus some pics of those red toe mids i picked up last month.

mike, i never commented on that stitched swoosh pair you posted a few pages back - those are super fresh. not sure i've ever seen anyone post those before, throughout all of the volumes of these AF1 threads. awesome grab.

I know you snagged the white/zen grey low 99s I was watching. You bought the white/blue 01s from him? Or the white on whites?

I guess, I'm partially talking to myself with that post. I kind of wish I kept a document with more that reference for my own use - like the FC archive, but wider in scope. Sometimes, I'll talk to somebody who is trying to move a pair and we talk about pricing and I know I saw that pair go for X on ebay like a year ago, but don't have any reference point to prove it. It can be a neutral base for negotiations. But, in truth, Voo is right, as usual. I'm pro barriers to entry into subcultures. I feel like people in the culture should be helpful when approached respectfully, but you shouldn't be able to get a pre-packaged kit to make you a sneakerphile, graff writer, Civil War buff, poker player, whatever...

As for the Jordans, Lebrons, etc.The Brons and what not are high quality b-ball shoes using new technology and all that. I don't love the hype, but it's good to see Nike have a current line that's relevant and gaining real buzz. That probably hasn't really happened since, I dunno, the SB dunk - and I'm not sure you can even call that "current," since it was based on a retro model and, therefore, more of a hybrid design. But, the true dynamic protecting the AF1 is that its history is overwhelming and the amount of colorways you have to be familiar with is post-grad stuff; Jays are a GED. You need a bit more than money to amass a dope and complete AF1 collection. You need knowledge and patience too.

'New Jacks' listen to this man!

BIP, I agree wholeheartedly about the AF1 history being storied and it being difficult to amass a complete collection but lately there have been some pairs that automatically elevate you to 'AF1 head' status and I don't quite agree with this. Some of the pairs are Jewels (any of 'em), Linen, Atmos, Playstation (your fave), HK, etc..  Maybe it's just me, but the random GR from the 80s or 90s is far more desirable than the aforementioned.  

Back
Top Bottom