TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Yeah I'm juiced fellas. Theyre some worn sz 13 Halloween Jewel lows in a 13. Midsole is still bright white and sole looks good as well. Got em for 76+shipping.

That's not bad. I paid similar for some grails last year from Japan - I knew they were well over the odds but I was still seriously let deflated when they said they sold them by accident.

Originally Posted by DeNs415

Yeah I'm juiced fellas. Theyre some worn sz 13 Halloween Jewel lows in a 13. Midsole is still bright white and sole looks good as well. Got em for 76+shipping.
I paid a lot more than that for mine. Very good used shape. They're one of my favorite jewels, so I had to get 'em. The money may hurt for a bit, but when you miss out, the longing could last forever.
laugh.gif

Truthfully, when I know I'm really going to wear something a lot - like those - I don't care much, if at all, about DS. They'll be used soon enough anyway.

Met up with Thunderchunk today and finally copped his "Uptowns" samples. Good looks, man!

But I think a pair of AM95s that I bought from overseas is stuck in customs.
mad.gif
Hate having to deal with that nonsense.

mad.gif

From my experience it's sometimes best just to put no value on it. I won a pair of the Xmas Gift bespokes (would have kept them had they not been two sizes bigger, I used the shoe trees for my beater Glaciers) but sending them to the US with all the accessories plus full value insurance meant too much hassle for both. I ended up saying what they really were - gift shoes with no commercial value.
As for the charges, paying 20% of the listing to customs price PLUS international shipping...

i seen those halloweens also and my max bid was only $30, i really didnt expect them to go as high as they did cause the toe box area on the was ultra beat but the mid sole and sole looked crispy, that might have been my only chance in finding a pair in my size but glad to see another NTer got em

Not sure on how retrobright works, seeing those cones with that midsole hurts....

I use a different method and have achieved some damn good results, in my opinion.

Hot water+soap lather first on the midsole (or entire shoe if you are like me)
and the main ingredient-MAGIC ERASER! lightly start rubbing the eraser on the midsole
gradually scrubbing harder... shortly after you should see some serious results.

I cleaned all my af1's midsoles a while back I should have taken pictures of the process
Maybe others have used the same process and can share photos?

I use the eraser method on my midsoles too, but it's really only effective on scuffs and stains. If you want to get rid of the yellowing, ret0bright is the best way I've heard of/tried so far.

Originally Posted by suburbanknight

mad.gif
From my experience it's sometimes best just to put no value on it. I won a pair of the Xmas Gift bespokes (would have kept them had they not been two sizes bigger, I used the shoe trees for my beater Glaciers) but sending them to the US with all the accessories plus full value insurance meant too much hassle for both. I ended up saying what they really were - gift shoes with no commercial value.
As for the charges, paying 20% of the listing to customs price PLUS international shipping...

Yeah - sometimes the tracking info isn't totally accurate. So, sometimes things will disappear "inbound to customs" and then just emerge mysteriously days or weeks later. ...Sometimes things get taken for a reason and sometimes it's just the random luck of the draw, and if everything is kosher, they just come out the other end with no issue. I don't know. I usually leave the discretion to the seller. If they want to tell the truth, I'm not going to ask them to lie on a legal document for my sake. If they want to fill it out in the way that they think will arouse the least suspicion, then w/e. I normally don't ask at all and assume they have more experience than I do when it comes to these things. 

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

Yeah - sometimes the tracking info isn't totally accurate. So, sometimes things will disappear "inbound to customs" and then just emerge mysteriously days or weeks later. ...Sometimes things get taken for a reason and sometimes it's just the random luck of the draw, and if everything is kosher, they just come out the other end with no issue. I don't know. I usually leave the discretion to the seller. If they want to tell the truth, I'm not going to ask them to lie on a legal document for my sake. If they want to fill it out in the way that they think will arouse the least suspicion, then w/e. I normally don't ask at all and assume they have more experience than I do when it comes to these things.  

One of my friends bought a consignment from an Asian seller (Some SB Air Trainers just before the market crashed, not sure how authentic they were...) and got a customs letter. Can't remember how many pairs there were but the customs bill was $1500 alone. After a few phone calls he managed to find someone at customs he could bribe for $150 that he could get to take it out of the local depot. My friend and customs - bunch of crooks.

Deshawn, here you go man.

Linens, before and after. Just paint it on, set in direct sunlight for an hour, then use toothbrush and warm water to scrub off

Yeah I Vouch for retr0bright. I did the magic eraser, teeth whitening gel and retr0bright is the best.

Originally Posted by suburbanknight

One of my friends bought a consignment from an Asian seller (Some SB Air Trainers just before the market crashed, not sure how authentic they were...) and got a customs letter. Can't remember how many pairs there were but the customs bill was $1500 alone. After a few phone calls he managed to find someone at customs he could bribe for $150 that he could get to take it out of the local depot. My friend and customs - bunch of crooks.

Geez.

I've heard other horror stories too. Customs is something of a racket and there is a fair amount of corruption as well, from what I can glean. But, even when the rules are followed, the guidelines are so outrageously specific - yet simultaneously vague and convoluted - that it's just the epitome of bureaucratic nightmares combined with the faceless, black-box agency dynamic.

Here's Planet Money doing their usually fabulous job elucidating a complex issue - tariff laws on apparel and footwear. Really interesting listen.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/...-meat-grinder-for-fabric

...This also adds a piece of info to the domestic vs. outsourced production discussion re: Nike, as it talks about the costs of importing shoes when they are produced outside the US.

This thread is a safe place, right? Unlike the official Kanye slurping thread, I can link to/talk about actual adult level subject matter without being shouted down for making people read multiple sentences and polysyllabic words?
tongue.gif
Sorry, NT is the best and also the worst!

ok, ok, ok.......

Retrobright works amazing. Have heard of it from lurking the forums, but that works way better than magic eraser.
Thanks for the side by side.

Now the question is where can one purchase it?

Originally Posted by illphillip

Polysyllabic!
Yeah - the kids hate that. Maybe that's why Diabolic, Louis Logic & Jay Love (Odd Couple), Eddie Brock, Block McCloud, etc. can't get any recognition, while dudes subsidize no-talent hacks like Rick Ross.

On the topic of good music and kicks, I was bopping down 14th street and 8th Ave Tuesday night and almost walked right into Bobbito. Never gave a damb, and still doesn't. White tee, basketball shorts, and some weird newish Adidas low tops. Gave the approving nod and kept it moving. Ironically enough, at the moment, I was zoned out to some 8-minute Half-A-Mil WKCR session from '94, which is why I almost walked into him in the first place.

Hello BIP.
Good quality shoes and good quality music.
Shouldn't be too hard to ask right?
Nike refuses to do their job on the first comment, and the radio refuses to play good music.
Not to get too off subject- shout out to Lauren Hill for refusing to be programmed like the rest
of these kids silly idols.
Don't get me started on kanye, rihanna, jay, nicki, gaga and all those others that work for the dark side

Gettin' my Locksmith on- That's why I dont listen to the radiooooooo

Originally Posted by illphillip

Polysyllabic!
Yeah - the kids hate that. Maybe that's why Diabolic

Oh.....mah......gah.......

Haven't heard that name in AGES. I used to hang with him. We had a mutual friend who was also from Long Island (where D is from, I am not) so when I went out there we'd all kick it. I was a smoker and said friend was not so me and D used to chief a bit and kick it.

Wound up in the Carousel Club on Jericho Turnpike once.....or twice. Bopped around to parties here and there.

I wonder what happened to him. I remember he signed with Immortal Technique years ago. Haven't heard much from either since. D has a daughter and I think hustling in music and trying to eat off it was getting frustrating for him.

As for Bob, always been a fan. KCR was everything late 80's/early 90's. Bob and I are from the same hood and are both PR dudes from Uptown that wound up going to really good colleges (he went to Wesleyan).

Digression over.

Awww man Diabolic....,,"go ahead and grip glocks, i'll snap your trigger finger in six spots you'll have to lip lock with hypodermic needles to lick shots"

Originally Posted by Technique 317

Awww man Diabolic....,,"go ahead and grip glocks, i'll snap your trigger finger in six spots you'll have to lip lock with hypodermic needles to lick shots"

son to this day that line sets it off.

as for immortal technique, i dont hear much about his music. but he is still doing the activist thing hard. always see him on al-jazeera or russian tv.

BIP Roberts wrote:
This thread is a safe place, right? Unlike the official Kanye slurping thread, I can link to/talk about actual adult level subject matter without being shouted down for making people read multiple sentences and polysyllabic words?
tongue.gif
Sorry, NT is the best and also the worst!

This just got me thinking about the whole sneaker game, and how 90+% of the "sneakerheads" in this day and age are like the people in that Yeezy thread. It really makes me sad to see, and how Nike now markets products to people like them because they are the new nike consumer. Not to sound arrogant, but it does makes me like non-hyped stuff like air maxes and air forces more, just to be separated from those fools. And although I may disagree with a lot of you on sneaker subjects, just in terms of real life this is one of the few places left (along with maybe the PE thread) on NT (and really anywhere online) with intelligent people you could actually have a conversation with. 
But anyways, although I don't post many pics, I figured I'd share a few recent pickups/wears (sorry if they aren't old enough for you, Bippy
happy.gif
)...

Too ashamed of the Cavs to wear these

Mayor PEs 

My city. %@+# LeBron though

The details on this shoe is insane.  One of my favorite unreleased air forces

My bespokes. Inspired by Batman from older movies/comics. (forgot to take pics before I wore them 
eyes.gif
)

Word to Clark Kent. Better than the 112 forces imo.

My favorite air force 1 of all time. Need a second pair BAD (DS size 10-10.5 
wink.gif
)

Good stuff, golfingguru.

I like the JDs a lot, the COFs (Temptation?), 3M Snakesand obviously the linens. Not a big fan of those BHMs. Nice idea on the BeSpokes too - good to see people putting thought into something that means something to them and not just using some other sneaker for inspiration. ...We can disagree and even fire shots at one another on occasion, but not being a teeny bopper moron is much more important than either of our opinions on sneakers. 

DeShawn,

Long time, no see. Good to see you still lurking. Locksmith gets it in.Only time I listen to the radio is NPR or baseball - Ice Cube taught me to turn that mess off a long time ago.

Nadel,

I love that pair! Borderline top 5 most wanted for me right now. Let a pair slip away last year and regret it to this day.

Phil (and the rest of the 'Bolic fans),

That's wild. I bet you got stories for days, in general. We gotta get up and kick it some time. D is still doing his thing. "Stand By" and "I Don't Want to Rhyme" off Liar and a Thief are two of the most brutal lyrical molestings I've ever heard in my 20+ years of being a lyricism groupie hip hop fan. And, frankly, Technique is one of my favorite rappers ever. Revolutionary Vol II and the Third World are both classics, and the fact that he raps about things that actually matter just launches him above so many other rappers I love.

Sorry for the lack of pics. I think I'll be taking my pics of my AM95 collection this weekend though, if I have the time.

Back
Top Bottom