TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

^^^ I mite bite on the white red....

That price isn't out to lunch really. I'd pay in that range for the top pair, in my size. (That's Primo's pair, I believe.)I have multiples of the bottom pair.

You are talking about a DS pair of 23 year old shoes that are wearable and probably more "rare" than a correspondingly aged OG Jordan. Certainly more "rare" than all kinds of crap people claim to be rare today... like Lebron PEs and stuff.

The only reason vintage AF1s aren't a fortune is because there are a million pairs and nobody could/would actually collect them if they were all priced like purple highs.
Queens, NYC!! :tongue:

These vintage forces make me want to embrace sneakerhead again.
Ima have to do sum homework.
And wow at having multiples of that bottom.pair.

Last edited:
And wow at having multiples of that bottom.pair.

Vintage AF1s... It's really kind of like a sneaker-version of big fish in a small pond. But. I love that pond. It may be small, but the other fish in there have legit love for sneakers!

As the teacher said --

I'd rather have a hundred-thousand true heads by me
Than one million of your fake fanatics behind me

Grinding for af1s loses its zest.

This thread and has huge turnover in members and thats basically the reason why.

Grind grind grind search search search for yearss and years

on the plus side af1s don't cost an arm and a leg like other sneakers do these days

I don't grind at all, I'm never really searching for any one par in particular. If something I'm super keen on pops up I'll try and grab it but I never specifically chase a pair. When near anything that I want comes up at a price point I'm willing to agree with then I'll try and grab it. If something comes up and it's a little bit higher than I'd like I'll try and get it down to where I'm happy or I'll leave it. I tend to binge into shoes as well, spend a couple of months dropping bank then cool it for a while and actually get a chance to wear and enjoy all the pairs I've picked up. It's probably a lot more fun this way and it keeps it fresh and exciting.

Grinding for af1s loses its zest.

This thread and has huge turnover in members and thats basically the reason why.

Grind grind grind search search search for yearss and years

on the plus side af1s don't cost an arm and a leg like other sneakers do these days

I feel you. But, honestly, I don't think there's all that much turnover. A lot of the core dudes have been around for a long time. Some take breaks and then pop back in.

I do feel what you're saying about the grind though. I love hunting, but I do get lazy periodically and just coast. I feel like sometimes when it rains, it pours. I was quiet for most of the beginning of the year, and in the past two weeks I did several deals and now have a bevy of goodies on their way to me.

Last edited:
No man, tons of turnover!

Just go back to the old threads - volume 3 and 4 were my favorites

I can't even name them all but so many good people have passed through here

Alex you still lurking? :x

No man, tons of turnover!

Just go back to the old threads - volume 3 and 4 were my favorites

I can't even name them all but so many good people have passed through here

Alex you still lurking? :x

Oh, I know - I followed all those threads.

But, it's all relative. Look back to the beginnings of the "simple dunk" thread, the "AJ1" thread, any of the long-lasting threads on here, and you'll see tons of people who were regulars at one point and disappeared.

I certainly miss names like 2Guard, dollabill, INC365, Joe Billionaire, Reggie (RIP), and a bunch of others.

But, tons of the regulars still make cameos at least - you, Ruff, Kev, Matt, Rbn718, Jae, ****zle, Shawn, etc.

Haven't seen Alex post in a while, but I'd guess he's still around.

How 'bout 8tothe24 -- say hello if you are still out there...

If I think back to the dudes who used to be staples in terms of ill vintage stuff on the Jordan side, I think a greater proportion of those guys are gone...

Oh, I know - I followed all those threads.

But, it's all relative. Look back to the beginnings of the "simple dunk" thread, the "AJ1" thread, any of the long-lasting threads on here, and you'll see tons of people who were regulars at one point and disappeared.

I certainly miss names like 2Guard, dollabill, INC365, Joe Billionaire, Reggie (RIP), and a bunch of others.

But, tons of the regulars still make cameos at least - you, Ruff, Kev, Matt, Rbn718, Jae, ****zle, Shawn, etc.

Haven't seen Alex post in a while, but I'd guess he's still around.

How 'bout 8tothe24 -- say hello if you are still out there...

If I think back to the dudes who used to be staples in terms of ill vintage stuff on the Jordan side, I think a greater proportion of those guys are gone...

I'm offended that you didn't mention me.

i'd pay 300 for that white/red pair in size 8.5.
heading to japan at the end of the month. this might be the first time i don't buy any shoes at all. or maybe.......

I'm offended that you didn't mention me.

I'm embarrassed at myself for that one.

I'll do 20 push ups for that.

20 more for not mentioning illphill either.

i'd pay 300 for that white/red pair in size 8.5.
heading to japan at the end of the month. this might be the first time i don't buy any shoes at all. or maybe.......

Hmmm... you must have just come into some money or something?

Gusto knows! @doodadee caught this screen cap.

Last edited:
haha. that was almost our whole budget for food, train and shopping. thanks again.

if i see anything in size 8 or 8.5 i'll either grab it or message you on fb zack. there's a slight outside chance we head to k-skit.

question to those that wear multiple sizes...

is it worth goin a half size even a full size bigger than what your foot is for that pair you really hunted for or wanted?

man i always wished i got onto niketalk sooner. I always lurked and never posted. But always been into sneakers since 96 (6th grade for me) haha

respect to all the og contributors!

I'm an 11.5, I can goto 12s easy, 11s are often a little tight but manageable. Sorta regret grabbing those Size 13 96 Olympics because I'm not gonna be able to rock em without feeling clownish. Could probably go to a 12.5 prety easy though, especially in some of the earlier(pre 95) stuff like the 94 canvas pairs which seem to run a little smaller.

question to those that wear multiple sizes...

is it worth goin a half size even a full size bigger than what your foot is for that pair you really hunted for or wanted?

I'm a natural 9. My collection spans 95% 8.5 - 9.5. That's no issue for me. 8 is a total no go. I have a handful of 10s, but I generally avoid them unless it's a great deal or something extremely hard to find. Going a full size up is less of an issue in highs than in lows.

me personally i would go half size bigger or smaller anyday on something i have been hunting for a while =)

ivories finally came in the mail to join my navys

i love the back tab and shape on these joints.

Nice snakes! Hope to get those whites w/ the snake check one day.

When I seen those white/true red highs I had to save pics too, hope they still there in the future...

upper is becoming loose around a few stitches on the midsole on my obsidian snakes. I like the ivory snakes better, but actually wear the obsidians way more often.

Last edited:
I'm a natural 9. My collection spans 95% 8.5 - 9.5. That's no issue for me. 8 is a total no go. I have a handful of 10s, but I generally avoid them unless it's a great deal or something extremely hard to find. Going a full size up is less of an issue in highs than in lows.
ahh...because im tempted to go a 12.5 for a couple pairs that i havent seen pop up in a 11.5/12

Back
Top Bottom