TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

i need to do that to my atmos so i can sell them without someone saying they are not worth it cause of the slight yellowing.

Nicely done! Mind sharing how? :wink:

i need to do that to my atmos so i can sell them without someone saying they are not worth it cause of the slight yellowing.

I've used both the "sauce" from restoremysneakers, as well as "Fabes Sole" and both work very well and restore white midsoles very easily. Just apply to midsole and set out in sunlight.

Nicely done! Mind sharing how?
wink.gif
Its actually my own recipe of sauce that I bottle and have for sale (Link is in Sig)

And its such a short process and makes such a huge difference on AF1s or any rubber midsole

Last edited:
Here's what's left of my af1 collecting days lol.

Bonus: destroyed 2 pairs of supreme high futuras while I was away at college lmao.

Cheapest way to unyellow midsoles, go to Sally's hair supply and get a bottle of 40 vol creme. Works pretty fast. There's plenty of vids on YouTube but here's a sample:

IDs came in today. I really like the way they came out.

Doesn't exactly match the blue of its inspiration, but I'll make due. Color is more accurate in first pic.

Up next, I think will be a re-make of a classic - adding a NYC and double swoosh.

Last edited:
BIP your post in the rockdeep thread was spot on. wish you had a side gig at complex or something to spew out your musings.

BIP your post in the rockdeep thread was spot on. wish you had a side gig at complex or something to spew out your musings.

Those places can't afford me! :tongue:

Thanks for the kind words, man. I'm happy I spend most of my time here in a few thread generally populated with quality people.

I've met a lot of cool people through NT -a lot of people who have helped me learn more about tings related to sneakers and helped me to obtain a lot of things I wanted. I like to think I've helped a lot of people too. But, truthfully, 98% of what's on here (NT) has outlived its usefulness and only serves as a platform to further drive this "culture" further away from what it was that made most of the people involved today want to get involved in the first place.

Like my buddy, Corgi says, I wonder how many people would even be involved in this hobby if there weren't forums and social media to post pics of themselves and flaunt their acquisitions.

People post pics of stuff in this thread too - and e-props are given. That's not a problem itself. But, without sounding corny, this thread usually feels/felt like a bunch of people working together to solve the never-ending mystery of the AF1. If you go back and read through the volumes of this thread (which I followed before I was even an NT member), you will actually learn a ton about this shoe, and you will see others both teaching and learning too. That's rare. Most threads exist just for people to tell you what they copped. Most sneaker celebs' accounts on social media exist only so their follower learn that this person has spent a lot of money on shoes. There always felt like a larger purpose here here.

For years, I had thought about what would lead me to stop doing shoes - and the only answer that ever made any sense was, "when it stops being fun." Well, vintage AF1s are pretty much the only thing in this hobby that I still find fun. A lot of that has to do with the people who share this flavor of the passion for shoes.

Last edited:
so true. maybe if you ever get sentenced to do community service :lol:

Like my buddy, Corgi says, I wonder how many people would even be involved in this hobby if there weren't forums and social media to post pics of themselves and flaunt their acquisitions.
about as many people that only collect shoes that they actually like and wear......so about 39 or so :lol:

so true. maybe on a pro bono basis if you ever have to do community service :lol:

about as many people that collect shoes that they actually like and wear......so about

so true. maybe if you ever get sentenced to do community service :lol:
about as many people that only collect shoes that they actually like and wear......so about 39 or so :lol:
thats what i asked myself the other day lmao...like seriously...if there wasnt anything for people to post up what they wore im betting about 80% of "sneakerheads" wouldnt even be "sneakerheads".

also you read that article gq did didnt you lol @bip

Last edited:
Yea, It's pretty sad.

It's nice seeing everyone help each other out though.  I've taken an abundance a solid information from NT and I plan to spread the knowledge I have gained when ever someone needs it. I'm still learning with most of the people on here. My main reason for being an NTer is because I have a connection with these shoes. I lived life in them, if that makes any sense. I still love AF1's and always will. They will always be cool to me.

Last edited:
also you read that article gq did didnt you lol @bip

Oh, for sure. I also read the original unedited version. There were a lot of additional questions and answers that didn't run in the final version because of space constraints. But, that is one dude who speaks what the hippies would have called "truth to power" and a lot of people resent him for it. But, if you ask me, he's rarely wrong. I know him well and am privy to a lot of behind the scenes buffoonery that most people never see - lots of highly established outfits and sneaker celebs playing themselves like the herbs that most of them are.

Oh, for sure. I also read the original unedited version. There were a lot of additional questions and answers that didn't run in the final version because of space constraints. But, that is one dude who speaks what the hippies would have called "truth to power" and a lot of people resent him for it. But, if you ask me, he's rarely wrong. I know him well and am privy to a lot of behind the scenes buffoonery that most people never see - lots of highly established outfits and sneaker celebs playing themselves like the herbs that most of them are.
like they say...truth hurts. thats why im not really on the gram that much lately just to peep af1s...too many slobbin down people just because their picture is pretty even tho its the same pair over n over n over

Those places can't afford me!
tongue.gif

Thanks for the kind words, man. I'm happy I spend most of my time here in a few thread generally populated with quality people.

I've met a lot of cool people through NT -a lot of people who have helped me learn more about tings related to sneakers and helped me to obtain a lot of things I wanted. I like to think I've helped a lot of people too. But, truthfully, 98% of what's on here (NT) has outlived its usefulness and only serves as a platform to further drive this "culture" further away from what it was that made most of the people involved today want to get involved in the first place.

People post pics of stuff in this thread too - and e-props are given. That's not a problem itself. But, without sounding corny, this thread usually feels/felt like a bunch of people working together to solve the never-ending mystery of the AF1. If you go back and read through the volumes of this thread (which I followed before I was even an NT member), you will actually learn a ton about this shoe, and you will see others both teaching and learning too. That's rare. Most threads exist just for people to tell you what they copped. Most sneaker celebs' accounts on social media exist only so their follower learn that this person has spent a lot of money on shoes. There always felt like a larger purpose here here.

For years, I had thought about what would lead me to stop doing shoes - and the only answer that ever made any sense was, "when it stops being fun." Well, vintage AF1s are pretty much the only thing in this hobby that I still find fun. A lot of that has to do with the people who share this flavor of the passion for shoes.
Well said!

Reading through some of the older pages of this thread you can see lots of examples of a true sneaker community and what NT built its foundation on.  Members helping members.

Last edited:
i'm getting married on friday. it's been a tough to decide what shoes i was going to wear when i got married. i proposed in ueno forces and i was for sure going to wear a pair of air force ones during the wedding. not because it's some kind of "sneakerhead" thing to do, just that i only have only one pair of dressier shoes (lunargrands) and if i was going to wear sneakers, it was going to be some forces. so i dug out some pairs to choose from and had narrowed it down to some ivory snakes, black/blue cvs highs, snake IDs and some newer white/whites. come to find out we're going to be barefoot on the beach. ahhh well.

Back
Top Bottom