TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Bip- Yea, Carlin was definitely the #+@+. I saw him live not long before he passed. Don't think I ever laughed that hard in my life. 

UPDATE: I was bored today and went through a few of the older Air Force threads.. Some good laughs to be had. The title of this thread >>>. Whats funny is that Frank White aka Fendi aka a few other names now has more vintage air forces (and a ton of hypers that y'all could give a rats $*$ about) than almost everyone that posts in this thread. Still no dusty canvas joints though. He says he will make an encore appearance soon.

1772373_o.gif

It was about his attitude, not his collection.

I know he has tons of vintage gems in his collection. I know he has a ton of passion for AF1s. I don't care if he likes the Pro Bowl hypers better than Purple highs - that's his choice. But, don't be an instigator, don't act like having a sneaker collection is equivalent to winning in life, don't assume we need to share your opinions anymore than you need to share ours.

Positivity begets positivity; negativity begets negativity - look at you and me, GG. We have more in common than different, but once either of us gets negative, the whole dynamic devolves and it permeates the whole thread. Anybody can have any opinion they want, so long as they act like an adult. And, I think I speak for all the regulars here when I say that.

Some pics.

First, thanks to ThunderChunk for these!

Casual Friday yesterday

And, here's what I was talking about re: the Valentines Mids. I can probably find a matching Deco pen and blot in to make it passable.

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

Some pics.

First, thanks to ThunderChunk for these!
I'm happy someone on here could enjoy them.
I've been on the fence since I got them, to sell them or rock them at the DR Parade uptown 
laugh.gif

edit:

and I saw all 3 pairs of the jewel af1s at mercer,

the leather is not as bad as you guys are making it out to be (maybe in the retro thread)

but I'm in no rush to cop, the black pair looks kind of silly to me and I don't like bright red kicks.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Daaaaamn Chunk. I woulda been taken those off you.

Born, raised, and still Uptown!
Maybe you should be their rightful owner. Making me feel a bit guilty for having them and not you... not enough to give em up tho.
happy.gif

Holla at me, Phil. We should meet up and grab a drink sometime. Maybe after a few brews, you'll be able to talk me out of them...

HA!

No guilt BIP. They are in good hands. And I am on a serious buying freeze.

Definitely down for that brew. I just been traveling like a madman lately. I'ma hit you.

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

It was about his attitude, not his collection.

I know he has tons of vintage gems in his collection. I know he has a ton of passion for AF1s. I don't care if he likes the Pro Bowl hypers better than Purple highs - that's his choice. But, don't be an instigator, don't act like having a sneaker collection is equivalent to winning in life, don't assume we need to share your opinions anymore than you need to share ours.

Positivity begets positivity; negativity begets negativity - look at you and me, GG. We have more in common than different, but once either of us gets negative, the whole dynamic devolves and it permeates the whole thread. Anybody can have any opinion they want, so long as they act like an adult. And, I think I speak for all the regulars here when I say that.
I wrote like a 4 paragraph bip-style response, and then fell asleep. Woke up and my laptop died 
eyes.gif
. Anyways... I never said I condoned the WAY he went about it in this thread, but he did bring up some very valid arguments (in a less sophisticated way I guess) in that y'all could give a %@@! about newer stuff and when he posted a ton of crazy heat he basically got shut down. And you guys feel the same way about 80% of what I post (which is okay. I don't live for e-daps). I never said you had to SHARE our opinion, but respecting it would be nice. You didn't respect the %@@! he posted, so he clowned your dusty vintage stuff. The rest is history. But, I'll let him come in here and speak for himself. 
As for us, I mean this is NIKEtalk so at the end of the day Air Force 1s "permeate" this thread. But I am not being negative or an instigator. Just giving a heads up that he will be back (his decision, not mine). 

ALSO, ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LINS???? They supposedly released, but none of the stores I called got them, and neither did ndc. I need a pair

Went Back To The Future n' ****.
BIP, we may need to do that drink to help make sense of all this.

Word. Right now, I'm hoping I'm actually drunk and this isn't really happening. Though, most likely I just need to get used to it.

I'm actually heading out on a business trip in less than 2 days, but when I get back, we should try to set something up.

On a side note, I just came back from being pseudo-VIP at the Nas album release concert at the MLB Fan Cave. He did a great set! Had me digging for all the gems on my iPhone on the way home.

Still in the process of restoring these two beauties.....have to reglue the midsole, used barge cement so far, but don't get good results, some advice? is there a better other glue for that task?

Still in the process of restoring these two beauties.....have to reglue the midsole, used barge cement so far, but don't get good results, some advice? is there a better other glue for that task?

Nice! Those are two pairs that I love to own! :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom