TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Some beautiful pics/ideas being exchanged in this thread right about now.

Its really good to know others share my sentiments toward this shoe and its intricacies.

If we combined forces (pun very much intended), we would go wayyy beyond what any 1thology or sole collector database every did.

^true. that would be a great project.

was looking at two pairs of high's the other day and remembered matt's post about the different soles that come from various factories before the molds changed. there's so many cool details in af1's

this is a pretty good idea, but i feel with ervin working on this since 1998, he probably has 95% of whats available documented.. but people could probably fill in gaps here and there

I know paul collins was huge on style codes and used them to find pairs

BIP!!

Could you please let me know how to whiten the midsoles?

I tried to use white polish for sneaker but whitenig effect is very short.

Solecuts,

The video gives you instructions on how to make your own retrobrite.

http://www.restoremysneakers.com/sauce/how-to-make-sauce

Others in the thread can chime in, but I think we've seen varying results, especially in the length for which the whitening remains. I first experimented this past summer and have positive results that have not yet worn off. I've heard of the results lasting for years to results lasting only for a few months.

I'm terrible with restoring - I have no patience and stuff. But, here's an example of what I was able to do with a few coats.

vs.

Last edited:
Planning on stopping off at 21 Mercer on my way home today to check out the samples of the snake material. ...Could be the difference between making 0-1 pairs and 3-4 pairs.

UPDATE: So, I stopped at Mercer today and took a look at their samples. They didn't have any material swaths - said they weren't shipped any. But, the had a high and a low sample on display.

The snake material is kind of flimsy. It's a bit shiny and thin - like almost a snake veneer printed on top of a thinner suede. I saw the blue and the red color versions - didn't like the blue, it was too bright. The red may be more understated, but it was tough to tell because the sample was a full red snake high. I may still make 1 or 2, but I don't think I'm going in for like 4 or 5 like I was originally planning.

Last edited:
^i hear you, i took a look at the print and figured it looked like a pretty thin leather with some snake printed on it. i don't think i'd be happy with it in the end and especially not when there's no leather option to go alongside the snake.

anyone here find a good deal on the haze af1 hoodie outside of ndc?

I will say that the retrobrite solution I mixed up from some of the instructions on the web worked better than anything else I'd ever tried and has lasted longer as well. I did a bunch of pairs over the summer myself, and all results have lasted, so far.

denverairforce, BIP
Thanks for sharing valuable information.
I'm gonna order sauce from above site and feedback to you.

I will say that the retrobrite solution I mixed up from some of the instructions on the web worked better than anything else I'd ever tried and has lasted longer as well. I did a bunch of pairs over the summer myself, and all results have lasted, so far.

I thought about making it myself, but I felt weird about the whole blender part. I didn't really want to use the blender/food processor I use for food and stuff. ...Am I just being a Howie Mandel there? Did you buy a second blender just to mix the stuff?

I need to retrobrite a few beaters. I don't need to with these new arrivals though. From China to France then USA before arriving in England.

Size 12. Hey Bip I was actually just listening to Midnight Marauders!

I might take a better shot with some other pickups as I uploaded this pic raw through the mobile site.

courirs are starting to grow on me big time.. especially the pairs that are shaped like that. I swear some pairs are shaped better than others

Size 12. Hey Bip I was actually just listening to Midnight Marauders!

I might take a better shot with some other pickups as I uploaded this pic raw through the mobile site.

Great minds...

That's my favorite ATCQ album. I've had many the drunken Midnight vs. Low End debate with friends. One of my boys likes to lobby hard for Peoples Instinctive

Yeah they're great. The date on them is 6/1/02. I know a few JD pairs where they were batches and were made months apart. Were the Courir's the same case?

Bip I know what you're saying about ATCQ. I could imagine that best album discussion happening in the barbershop of Coming To America.

Did a little eBay snooping. Saw these had a BIN of a 100 and sent him an offer for 50 and the rest is history.

Probably wont wear em but good to have a mid with AF1 Mid on the strap.

Will post pics once I get em in.

man you have to wear those. no question. too dope to have an embroidered, no-perf, tumbled pair of mids sitting around collecting dust.

I thought about making it myself, but I felt weird about the whole blender part. I didn't really want to use the blender/food processor I use for food and stuff. ...Am I just being a Howie Mandel there? Did you buy a second blender just to mix the stuff?

I actually just have a stick blender (I can't believe I don't own a regular blender). I was a little worried about using it for food later, but then I figured it was silly, because it's not like the peroxide is going to absorb into the metal and plastic and seep out in large quantitues later and poison me to death. I washed it thoroughly in very hot water with soap and such afterward, and it was fine.

Also, completely with you on MM>LET>PITATPOR :wink:

Back
Top Bottom