TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

thanks for the kind words. here's more.

'97 white/mean green mids:

'99 white/varsity red ($90 shipped on ebay):

eventually i'll be able to post a doubles pic of the mean green jewel mids... next time i get up to milwaukee.

Thought I'd post some something from 2002

I think the beef and brocs are the most underrated pair among those 4 Bob highs.

I passed on most of them when they came out too, but subsequently grabbed 3 of the 4.

I'm still in need on the wheats.

Matt's white/red lows had me thinking - how many pairs had that little stripe on the heel?

Silvers, Burnt Olive, Hoop Orange, Red.

Bonus shot of some silvers

Last edited:
Matt's white/red lows had me thinking - how many pairs had that little stripe on the heel?

Silvers, Burnt Olive, Hoop Orange, Red.

Add also:

2000 White-White-Obsidian-Comet Red lows
2000 White-White-University Gold lows
2000 Cocoa snake lows

2000 White-Varsity Red mids
2000 White-College Orange mids
2001 White-Olive Bronze embroidered mids
2001 White-Grey Slate-Anthracite embroidered mids

I could swear there was a 2000 low in white-carolina blue with the heel stripe...maybe it was a sample though....

I've got pics of the list above if anyone wants a visual.

hey erv, do you know anything about a white/red pair from 2000 with thick white pebbled leather. Swoosh and heel tab are both white and the heel tab has "air" and a swoosh stitched in red. Red sole

Corgi had a ds 9.5 of these a while back and sold them before I could hit him up

devastating

hey erv, do you know anything about a white/red pair from 2000 with thick white pebbled leather. Swoosh and heel tab are both white and the heel tab has "air" and a swoosh stitched in red. Red sole

Corgi had a ds 9.5 of these a while back and sold them before I could hit him up

devastating

Yeah, those have slipped through my fingers a couple times as well.
Very hard to find even a picture of these. I bet these are the ones you're talking about....
White-White-Varsity Red 630350 112

Last edited:
damn man, awesome!

yeah I was pretty upset - that pair is fire. Did they only release in white/red to your knowledge? They kind of remind me of a prequal to the 2001 white/color based LE's

Thanks for dropping the knowledge, Erv.

Post as many pics of those other pairs as you want.

Particularly these

2000 White-White-University Gold lows

2001 White-Olive Bronze embroidered mids
2001 White-Grey Slate-Anthracite embroidered mids

devastating

FTR, I didn't get them either.

I love when make slight modifications to the logo on the heel tab.

damn man, awesome!

yeah I was pretty upset - that pair is fire. Did they only release in white/red to your knowledge? They kind of remind me of a prequal to the 2001 white/color based LE's

There was also a white-white-turbo pink pair (mens, not womens) that mirror these.
And a white-white-carolina blue from around that same time.
These type of obscure AF1s were limited market release (Mom and pop stores).
I noticed several obscure colors back then that Mom and Pop shops would get
that the big stores wouldn't carry. That's one of the reasons why some pairs
are so rare. Especially since most people back then bought em, wore em, and pitched em.
Not many collectors in those days. You'll find lots of mainstream AF1 from 2000 that float
around pretty regularly, then there's pairs like these that don't because of their availability.

Last edited:
man I didn't realize mom and pops got limited runs. Thats crazy

man those caro and reds are sick! I think the turbo pinks may have been a major release though, because i've seen a few pairs of them

bip I don't think any1 had a chance at that pair. He sold it to one of his regulars in a huge package deal. Corgi is pretty loyal to customers who buy a lot from him

Last edited:
There was also a white-white-turbo pink pair (mens, not womens) that mirror these.
And a white-white-carolina blue from around that same time.
These type of obscure AF1s were limited market release (Mom and pop stores).
I noticed several obscure colors back then that Mom and Pop shops would get
that the big stores wouldn't carry. That's one of the reasons why some pairs
are so rare. Especially since most people back then bought em, wore em, and pitched em.
Not many collectors in those days. You'll find lots of mainstream AF1 from 2000 that float
around pretty regularly, then there's pairs like these that don't because of their availability.

The turbo pinks are awesome. ...I've never seen those Carolina blues though.

I kick myself all the time for not really paying enough attention to colorways and what and where back in the day. I've been buying Air Force 1s since about 1994. I certainly bought more shoes than the average person, but I didn't think about it in the almost scientific way I do now. That transition didn't really happen until the early 2000s. I do remember a fair amount of heterogeneity in selection from store to store, along with certain pairs that were more ubiquitous. At the time, I didn't really think about stores having different kinds of accounts or whatever - minus the big chains that certain exclusive colors or models of a shoe. Naively, I had just assumed that it was random, or that one store had already sold out of color X while another didn't. ...It wasn't like there was anticipation around a release every week like there is now, so checking in was much more haphazard. ...Plus, you'd go to some mom and pops and they'd have stuff that was years old on display - sometimes you wouldn't know, without asking, if something was new or old.

bip I don't think any1 had a chance at that pair. He sold it to one of his regulars in a huge package deal. Corgi is pretty loyal to customers who buy a lot from him

Yeah, I don' t remember even seeing them. No biggie. Funny though because he and I shoot the breeze all the time, even when there's no deal in the works at the moment.

Last edited:
Alot of knowledge being dropped in here that one can appreciate.

Would like to share with you guys what came in the mail for me today. This is a true "grail" for me, and has eluded me for about 4 years now and feels damn good to own and have in the collection. :D

Also, what year did these drop?

Im curious because I own the red canvas low pair with a red outsole and the AIR also in red.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom