TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

sorry to hear man^ but lovin the enthusiasm

sick pickups graiderrr - after that deal you ma boy now

nice acko, i got mine en route to the crib as I type, cant wait to rock

and nice pick graider, beautiful set

that pic up there scares me of someone from asap mob rocking a vintage pair, the vintage trend has been in the last few years and it seems like there trying to "bring back" the af1 along with curren$y i already have been seeing more all white mids than ive seen the last 5 years.

but some good reading the last 2 pages we all pretty much share the the same views on this "Game" and im happy to be apart of this team cause theres not to many other out there that collect like we do like BIP said were basically each others back bones in the sneaker era since were not sheeps

I wouldn't worry too much about those A$AP cornballs. Apart from some 'beast websites and NT no one takes these guys seriously. If they do somehow succeed in getting people into current generation white/white AF1 mids, then the atrocious quality and lack of comfort will surely push them away.

Damn this thread is too damn :smokin.

For all you sz 11/ 11.5 how are you guys able to find pairs from the past. I am always searching on eBay and I always am just disappointed by seeing nothing. Has me just :smh: and closing the tab.

Yeah mfpearson that's the second time those gold highs were listed. Just too wrecked to mess with. The olive highs I got were as bad as I'd pay for, those were a bit worse.

bummer about those hi's, although has anyone given thought to doing sole swaps? in europe they swap new soles onto nearly everything with great success from what i hear.

Do the midsole stitches on AF1's not go through the inside of the shoe, attaching the soles to the upper? Seems like it might be pretty difficult to swap soles without cutting the midsole stitching out. Somebody (was it you?) had some '98 gray suedes that came apart, so that person might be able to shed light on how they are constructed.

Also, I question how wearable sole swapped shoes actually are. They are held together by nothing but glue. No stitching or anything, so I think they can come apart pretty easily.

Last edited:
As far as finding vintage AFIs in large sizes, which seems to be a question that is coming up from time to time:

My understanding is that from the outset, larger sizes (particularly 12-13) are rarer because a shop may receive 1 or 2 pairs in those sizes whereas they may receive more in the smaller size range. There is also less demand for those sizes in the Japanese market from what I understand, and that is obviously a large source of vintage AFIs always. With that in mind, obviously co.jp Nikes in large sizes are ridiculously rare because the Japanese market is primarily interested in smaller sizes. I am very glad to have size 13 Brazil Dunks and 3M Snake AFIs, but I passed on some Wheat lows in my size because they were $800+ as I recall. Those are among the only instances where pairs have surfaced to my knowledge.

I have been collecting size 12+ AFIs for over ten years, although I have largely stopped buying in the last several years. I went pretty hard for several years in the early to mid 2000s. I was thinking back on it all today, and I remembered that an extremely large chunk of my entire AFI collection came from one seller in Philadelphia who had stockroom access at stores. Oddly enough, it almost seemed like most of what he found was in larger sizes at the time. The point being, there were a wealth of excellent 1990s AFIs on eBay in larger sizes, deadstock with boxes, for a period of time. I won a lot of those auctions. After that Philadelphia well dried up, the riverbed is now, and will likely remain, extremely dry. I am content to enjoy what I have; I'd rather live a nice lifestyle than spend a lot of money on shoes at this point in my life. As is often mentioned, it is unrealistic to be an AFI completist in any sense. For those looking now though, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope that many AFI's in large sizes will surface on the market unless someone who has a lot of them decides to sell. The more time passes, inevitably they become rarer and many that are out there end up in permanent homes.

My own stockroom searches in the early 2000s in Chicago were awesome, but nearly fruitless for older AFIs. I found a lot of vintage Nikes in smaller sizes, many of which I sold to build up my AFI collection. The only AFI ever found were PR2 AFIs that I sold for $500, strangely enough, and those aren't even 90s.

All good questions.

Has the construction changed over time? You can get some dirt cheap forces, so spending a few bucks to dissect one is easy enough, and finding donor soles would be easy enough as well.

Do the midsole stitches on AF1's not go through the inside of the shoe, attaching the soles to the upper? Seems like it might be pretty difficult to swap soles without cutting the midsole stitching out. Somebody (was it you?) had some '98 gray suedes that came apart, so that person might be able to shed light on how they are constructed.

Also, I question how wearable sole swapped shoes actually are. They are held together by nothing but glue. No stitching or anything, so I they can come apart pretty easily.

I won't comment on the pre-2000 pairs but I've taken off the insole on the 'Maple/Mango' I/O pair that dropped in '06 and found that the thread was just loose under the insole. Each stitch was not connected in any way. It could've been the case because the I/O pair had a leather midsole but if I have time this evening I'll look at some Basic/Premium/Supreme pairs as well as some '02-'03, I/O, Max pairs and get back to you.

Charles you just cleared a lot up for me. I was like how did this guy get 50 pairs of ds size 13 vintage pairs.. Was like the 10th wonder of the world to me :tongue:

Ha! I don't want to oversimplify it--it's not like my whole AFI collection came from the one seller. Much of it came from other sources, patience, luck, persistence, etc...but it explains how myself and a lot of other people got some nice stuff in larger sizes over a span of several years in the early 2000s. I also bought some Air Maxes, etc from the same guy.

Took this before I sent the canvas pair away.

I love AF1sand I am glad no one in my areas "likes"....copping is so easy now...especially at my local Nike outlet...I have been wearing them since 94'...I never had a discomfort problem....bought a few pairs of the lunar forces, but haven't wore them yet.....AF1s...

Back
Top Bottom