TEAM AIR TRAINER

I just got this couple weeks ago deadstock sz 12

Thanks , gonna try and unload the new trainer 1s, I only wanted the OGs
That gets me thinking about AT1 OG CWs. I only know of 'Chlorophyll's, and Reds' Both grey and white uppers just accent color changes with the above colors. Maybe someone can shed some light on other OG CWs? Just curious

I just stumbled across these :smokin
2015 AT 3 Chlorophyll's, only GS run though. Those are dope as hell, shame

Last edited:
What's up guys. I want to say the chlorophyll was most prominent AT1 for sure, followed by the obsidian(navy)/red pair. Those seemed to re release from the initial 1987 run well into 1990, and I want to say both in 1993. It was a good 5-6 releases for sure over that time frame. A mainstay for sure.

My engagement level for trainers has dropped lately. Nike has been giving us nothing lately and I am just losing knowledge. Dates and such escape me anymore.

Looking at catalog scans and such, you get colorways such as these two in 1990
DAX4exxT9v1gfUOkZdoepUe5GyFaQuIUG55edgPe3x3woqF_gm_OXSdJqsDBaFrTlZ62FFqda01pTMHlRLJbWzcuFpkT-MxaYWU-T4XCrWqFm9EulX9XvkgzeYV2o6sSkrFOhWZvfFGsOofWspv83FxLqR63ZmF2QFoJJObiZLiePg7JdE3ziolTSyqpRj_6tza-whZ8axTx7QQq4g-Oh05GU5HPd3x_nDK0YjrcZ37qX8F5kfYeQQ9bzPwwq7z3gyYsm5H8RfnQa-byEy3kW8rBv8SmmxJX0k3ziGJcthMRVXHPO6uVOSonXmHsDlRM78eMEXck_RkDZ5usVCqPQv96G-xR6m4u6IBLsbQywe3g9DxhyMt3OqUQi9zueBZWpf7_oEZauoH0ls1suh6oZ91ie9QjekyAEKGCNyr-HvZ0302mMeebmFC6mtuXpb3YpmcXQ9TNVKe8GVAZzCOnI9tsGRiaMs9j5Ywa7u8TpRfhPjM33twS5pnw_VtucECu7bnWEI76v4aNoQpg5wsHf79G315QLspdZ7MqPsjCGpcQoyGdhBNaitIJT97tw-94pD-RUriOftVOxCKtXzY6TgBa03TpT2klcYzZP1TfKWMh5Fhi=w445-h667-no

One is likely the navy/red OG pair. The other looks to have a orange outsole coloring.

These in 1989
rZGjyVri0b-Q-q3p9hka3ObAKZuJov8wzy3dMwHGa025XE2-PtGJaEmP53zzXQgEQhDj1k5RXeko_3GGvXqGGfnCxvhri1xvLd2quNYHeecKhokGyPuXI-lDbq8H2c9aE_pbOjneWCbZ_4HzF-OK3wpVrWJ__ZUmKVNyLaaAv521IV-1rSGNx_poAtAn6v01RvsNX1ZYlPo5IyNqFNPKWO8rHrf22vKPK3sQq0xj61BHqI9N7ihrVYaFmhqVgnM8HekSSMXcNk538LVpj_4vrlThgBIj8QgU-6_-RaMhnEuIHV6e6D0kJsuDGraeUgzOJfo71e2LONaKDYokcGjYt5VGyaBjvTVQ7TdzTIKXj5yuZaTT19xSHTp_SiaiI4i1D9hNqH6sBdymXywqONAV0Mwn16KGA9nw1xHe3KdVhgPIJYLWa4GSsFN-B6FHuy9tAlqDXRMGoUJC5bDpHXCs28HyZDLYq2o4KTZpwjmDeHyYTDHwiyyAG04IqOm7zgeSLkWBKQSbI7zPcc-BGq7N-76w9k7StN9-Z6sfJbZQUrjnJhs2zJNz3dkS2dNqsuIysTkouQUYi9X3iXMtVZ5N7KnV654XChpKGU4USOcoB1rchLPP=w600-h450-no

I have not been able to recall any real photos of these so they could all have just been samples for the catalogs.

I do remember a white/black pair from a japanese website years ago. That seemed to be OG era.

I also recall a mesh toe at1 chlorophyll
y5w8XeYD3YrwxrTL3c2dA6PLH2EK_t3T0Ri-1uBxbefySE1X2cSS7epgW-NWHleuYP1jqrLC3pkd3cdBCb1MjSv5zdxo9liocLhlz2zHLUl8jV5ocw4V8Bq2GQwNb65N7iapLd8zaJi31-Zh-JmJc-40Cbck6gBzTcvfcBARnNuZM8-B0m93xleoKeKZPBr12hFio6V1YsW_QCDWhbuZaqhR4HBZTTaSWzOs0GelD2fGGtwPT1LmpM0rPsAJZmA2LjBSp5Q4GhmOKDvSh3efKVXW9bLJ2Ejr-EeoPZMEPWPJi8AXKaXzcEc5i3Q4TMe5HiYPOwUxAT7ah9wM_1Z1SZm5n7_s1idFPC_ytOKqJR2jLhbKXlAhxISzmPRy8UI0OpGzt2Kn85KrdaTFQI33m0qJCdxIJxKmcyfyB_qonngJt7g-eXfiH3LOfok7wJU396AR_mw-C9u4mWMnm7eYcEw12bHLYw9o9-Tu2M3dZj8jjzELjfKZsv-MFpOWU4p1KkXw-E5K6iyGvVYvPiyi5-uWEN-L4yJCL0DxpkSez-OMWQdM7_Ex1xR8RlZpzuXvxxh4awS4xaYw_dypqTJRamgw5csReQ2diTDxEw06Cpbe1Gd3=w320-h240-no

And this black safari at1 high
z-23Dg1hlj2zlIzlkfYeiT7dlA3P9NZPeSn3WxwD5_BW9b32iVtjYwxsfYYj44M-yHfBqMJ__bvRUUORtvNJKtiBIKsKsvLAUiUGF_T8WYd5X5KhK7eCJgpNSSWFQkvCtw9Ar5aBjxxR0TyXRMVOgbIZC-2OgZ8RMsenmNF7LqypVtV4BA4B2SMxr1uFV-8g0ddWmXxPZ5X9a_ZkeM0JJ0xNu85btc7pw8mLojQb83x1tpZ9s3XnGGT6OODwWCvdlfw1xwJRdHem2k9LAoOK5v1PT3sGDSUvmoWQTPozZZemr1Ze5nUJYvbphzomrY12US05cCk6Ivnke3ruYAfCvZpsmDLz8_Q6U1cortZt0jC7XS-svA7u0RovrKWIZpFF8i7hT6fpZR6V7papi4AJwnX7JGiUXhgJQfNmOGk3FTnX9IZYMrOXHdHWhcMm8VD3nZAArPMhMzI5StfKEQoA_YtyKNb1Ifv-dalfC1r-dftLAv1S04nWIJZiquA0Auft98bHiQtkwTF7bDTaUtRKRD5nWGgG8BlgElICtAi3Js6hAE0l-IhV5ErrXf5FqwborlYkoYxjfhGy_fijH2ts-CIgc2KBZwTt55ONzDNdXIGBDJFS=w848-h667-no

Most of them are pretty obscure compared to the two most popular and prominent models

@wallyhopp
Thanks for the info man. The link a couple posts back was great, well put together. Such a dope silhouette. Always a classic.

Been meaning to update the website too. I have three years of AT1s to fill in the gaps on. My mind is blurry but maybe 15-20 colorways tops is that I think I am looking at.. Not a huge undertaking but I'll try to get it back up to date.

If they won't put out an adult run. This would make a dope custom :smokin
Thanks Modz for the idea. Would be sick

Today's...2009 Auburn AirTrainer SC High.
Only second wear and midsoles are already cracking |I

Anyone ever try to color match 'Total Orange' with Angelus Paint? I'm gonna have to repaint these midsoles. Pity, they're brand new

Anyone ever try to color match 'Total Orange' with Angelus Paint? I'm gonna have to repaint these midsoles. Pity, they're brand new

No idea but if you find, do share. Experiencing the same things with a pair now.

Angelus have orange, neon flaming, neon lava and blaze 8.
I use to mix orange, neon lava orange and neon tropic sun yellow to adjust tints.
Only have SC high OG QS (tart/orng c, with no paint chipping :smile: ) and SCII (total orange) to compare. Pic don't show colors well.
Along that orange paint chipping, on 2009 auburns also happens orange color fading with use. There was a said "display pair" on ebay showing orange turning yellow... so best would be to cover it all.
If you plan to renew them you at least have to get brushes, paint and an acrylic finisher.
The right way, midsole paint stripper, paint flex additive, masking tape, anti scratch sealer, airbrush; or have it done.

Angelus have orange, neon flaming, neon lava and blaze 8.
I use to mix orange, neon lava orange and neon tropic sun yellow to adjust tints.
Only have SC high OG QS (tart/orng c, with no paint chipping :smile: ) and SCII (total orange) to compare. Pic don't show colors well.
Along that orange paint chipping, on 2009 auburns also happens orange color fading with use. There was a said "display pair" on ebay showing orange turning yellow... so best would be to cover it all.
If you plan to renew them you at least have to get brushes, paint and an acrylic finisher.
The right way, midsole paint stripper, paint flex additive, masking tape, anti scratch sealer, airbrush; or have it done.
Thanks a lot. What is the ratios? Is it equal parts orange, neon lava orange, and neon tropic sun yellow? Also I plan on doing it right. I've been studying up for awhile now and plan on stripping, taping, painting about 8 coats and then applying several coats of a duller/finisher mix.

imo this early SC high paint chipping is a shame deffect but adds a bit of vintage OG touch to those 2009 auburns :smile:

for colors, eyes only, get a dry range on a white paper before and try to match orange outline/eyelets at different light levels.

afford 1Oz flaming O (maybe it matches straight?), lava O and tropic Y. and get 1Oz white too, not only bc white paint may also chipp on you later :smile:

you prob won't need simple "basketball orange" on these.

doing it the hard way will ensure the cleanest lasting job, but much care for thinest coats, curing/drying, patience.

working perfect on neon colors require blues/UV light and basic pictures don't really render.

if you can rely on steady hands and plan to do it by yourself maybe don't hassle time and money in it, "easy" process can do:

if you fell no neon match, "neon lava orange" looks bit dark above my ogqs so I guess i'd beggin 1xlava / 0,5x"neon tropic yellow".

don't fill the vial on first try to adjust, add little quantities, white can adjust shade too, and a bit of duller if paint feels too thick.

Abuse on shaking the mix, or use a stirrer (becarefull with this :smile: )

Basic prep on the midsole, gum/rub dry well to achieve more chipping on the outline and reach the flattest surface. Blow dry and help to get ALL dust gone, then use cotton pad/water only, blowdry.

Handpainting, you can only tape straightest lines if you feel confident, glue well bc paint can sneak under... and if it **** happens use white to correct :smile: ps be really carefull not to spoil grey suede :smile:

Using very small soft brush, only drop dots inside chipped parts then coat them close on the area. this will flatten and help you adjust tint.

then 3 thin coats depending on cover, imo 8+ finisher coats is way too much, more coats can accentuate or add unwanted relief.

avoid dusty environments to work. hope it helps some opters for a fast restoration, good luck and send pics :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom