TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got 50$ in nike gift cards from my secert santa here at work ...I have 4 ids in my locker that I need to buy...let's hope I get some more forxmas...

Originally Posted by denverairforce

I believe it's $110...

Cris - that's crazy. I bet that person ended up caking if he sold 'em off! and so Blue Ribbon Sports was the brand that Nike came out of, basically. I see. I assume the colorway was related to an early waffle runner or something? thanks for the info!
What up Brian!! Ya, I just called as well....no phone orders and he wouldn't tell me how many pairs they got. Damn!

Blue Ribbon Sports was made up by Phil Knight when he started importing shoes from overseas. He didn't really have a company but needed a name to be takenseriously, and get meetings. BRS was the name of the company while Knight was getting everything started, selling shoes out of his trunk and such.....crazy.

-Andrew-

^^^when I called the lady said they have a lot of pairs......not too sure how reliable some of these "Nike workers" are though.

Originally Posted by SupaMars11

s dubl wrote:

SupaMars...there should be a resize option on your photo hosting site? if not DL this
download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
doesn't work, i have vista, thanks for looking out

when you click the picture button on yuku and you click "add from URL" and then you enter your URL and then your picture shows up in thepost you're composing, just click the picture, grab the little square on the corner and you can just shrink it right there, it even tells you the pixelsand keeps the properties constrained to the original dimensions. I resize all my pics in yuku as I'm posting.

also, Andrew, thanks for the info. yeah I have definitely read the Nike story before, it's just been a while. I remember reading that the person whodesigned the swoosh sold it to knight for likr $30 or some such ridiculous amount. it's amazing how big Nike has become. the swoosh is probably one ofthe most globally recognized logos ever. sold for $30. that's gotta hurt.

Infrared 90's re-releasing in 2010

http://theshoegame.com/ar...frared-returns-2010.html

bfmd05.jpg

.... it looks like a box

denverairforce wrote:

when you click the picture button on yuku and you click "add from URL" and then you enter your URL and then your picture shows up in the post you're composing, just click the picture, grab the little square on the corner and you can just shrink it right there, it even tells you the pixels and keeps the properties constrained to the original dimensions. I resize all my pics in yuku as I'm posting.

ok i'll try that next time, i find jumbo pics to be quite annoying and i know many of you do as well, thanks.

yeah I try to keep my pix 700 pixel width or smaller, it's easier on the eyes and easier on those who have a smaller screen resolution. it's reallyeasy to do in yuku. it's literally harder to explain it than it is to actually do it, haha.

re: infra 90s, I'm not a huge fan of infras, I would probably like to own maybe a pre-hoa pair if any (just to have, since they are the original colorway),but I haven't been too impressed with the last few retros. they don't seem to ever get that infrared color right.

and wow, 1400. crazy. can we hit 1500 by the new year? lol, kidding of course.

wow...saw the thread in Retro, but didnt see pics. Looks like Nike isnt discriminating with that toe BOX[/b] issue.

Wish I could score some pattas. no damn 11.5's and I can't do tha 11. I noticed in tha past year or so my feet have been getting wider. Yay forgetting older!!! You lil foot cats don't realize how lucky you are.

haha i think every size thinks that their shoe is the toughest to get. 9-11 i think have the toughest times due to so many people wearing those sizes. But alsomore shoes are made that size. i'm glad and hate that i'm size 9, which is sample, but so hard to get haha

Why do the damn quickstrikes stop at 11? My Drury's and my "Keep Rippin Stop Slippin" Safari AM's are 11's and they aren't tight atall. I'm too scared to risk it on others that aren't 11.5.

Originally Posted by airon0828

haha i think every size thinks that their shoe is the toughest to get. 9-11 i think have the toughest times due to so many people wearing those sizes.
Sometimes I swear it is impossible to get good deals on size 10. I always see people posting these awesome finds that they get for the low. Not somuch in size 10 though.

On another note, I hope I can get the infrared's this time around. I tried last time they came out and missed them...hopefully they are more available thistime.

you guys should try being a 13 and up.....these Green Pattas have been everywhere in everything up to a 12, blue QSs were all over up to an 11, LAFs wererumored to only go up to a 12 with few 13s/14s ended up showing up, but not many.

No love for big footers
smh.gif

tellyjesko1023 wrote:
I just want to be the first to say before he post them ...I love your sneakers ucasta...I need a sz 8...

How did you know Joe?

Nike Air Burst for work today...
1zqdcmq.jpg

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

Originally Posted by denverairforce

I believe it's $110...

Cris - that's crazy. I bet that person ended up caking if he sold 'em off! and so Blue Ribbon Sports was the brand that Nike came out of, basically. I see. I assume the colorway was related to an early waffle runner or something? thanks for the info!
What up Brian!! Ya, I just called as well....no phone orders and he wouldn't tell me how many pairs they got. Damn!

Blue Ribbon Sports was made up by Phil Knight when he started importing shoes from overseas. He didn't really have a company but needed a name to be taken seriously, and get meetings. BRS was the name of the company while Knight was getting everything started, selling shoes out of his trunk and such.....crazy.

-Andrew-

Did someone say Blue Ribbon Sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom