TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't seem to put these down!!!

330yecz.jpg

dpzbm0.jpg

now that they're mentioned

28jcxtg.jpg

forgot they came in!

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

whats up with the pair with the graffiti on em? explanation please
Those are a sick pair of Powerwall 87's up there. How much did you pay for them 7lcdmj?

[h2]Color: black/black-olive grey[/h2]
Production year: 2005
Item# 314199-001

UltraFlatBlack wrote:
normally i dont lurk on flightclub but saw these.. sz 13
http://www.flightclubny.com/p.php?fc=ny&c=new&i=050063

Thanks for the info. Just copped them. I wish I had more $ I would buy the gold leafs as well. Someone just dropped off some sz. 13 heat at Nassau. Damn i wi**** was this time last year. Bacons and clerks would have been copped as well.

okay thanks for the info, whats the deal with powerwall??been hearing this here and there, is this a collab??

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

SC High today, going to be 44 Deg C here in Oz. Catastrophic fire warning's been issues to evacuate a few places. Had the air con on all night, dont think it went below 28. Calling Nike in a min to see what dropped at the secret store, if anything's good i'm off to buy it before the joint burns...

Hopefully today wont be day one repeat of what happened last year.
frown.gif
Modz...if its going to burn down just wait around until its on fire and run in and take whatever you can....out here in Cali we call that "looting"
laugh.gif

good luck on the fire situation man...hope you stay safe!
Just got back, no new sneaks. They got these Infras at the outlet for a little less than retail so i may grabthem next week, comfy and sweet up close. http://sneakernews.com/2009/10/15/nike-air-max-90-current-black-infrared-ostrich/

Infared isn't infrapink either.

Picked up a Jordan T (pick up thread).

As for lootin, my fave thing, just ahead of riotin and vandalisin.
devil.gif

PHEW!
made it back from the trip....had a great time...stuck in slo'mo' all damn day
dan, brian, justin: it was dope meeting up with you guys...I still feel like this right now:
4263894399_16a2712b4e_o.jpg

brian in the 95s, dan in the 97s, justin in the 87s....me in the pattas (quickstrike
pimp.gif
)
4264837536_7eba116c0c_o.jpg

I am just starting to go through my photos and will have some up on the blog tomorrow....
justin, let me know where to send these ugly %@% dunks
laugh.gif
...send me anemail

Originally Posted by jaytthelegend

Never heard of POWERWALLS?
eyes.gif
Yeah he actually liked the shoe without knowing the hype behind it
eyes.gif
. To me that's dope
pimp.gif

****Justin wearing some leather 87's knowing damn well he'll get faded that night
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

As for lootin, my fave thing, just ahead of riotin and vandalisin.
devil.gif
I knew you had a lil gangsta in ya Modz
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

jaytthelegend wrote:
Originally Posted by RL Treyce

okay thanks for the info, whats the deal with powerwall??been hearing this here and there, is this a collab??

Never heard of POWERWALLS?
eyes.gif

chill...this thread isnt about clowning for lack of knowledge...its about sharing love for AMs and spreading knowledge.

Greg...looks like you guys had a good time...hopefully a socal mini-summit happens.

let me guess who's holding that L
nerd.gif

Thanks BG- saw that pic a couple days ago when it was posted and just thought it was a random pic of AMs, I was only familiar with the OGs in the top row. Newto AMs for the most part besides 95s. I was a Jordan head for most of my days. Thanks for the info though guys.

laugh.gif
some "sneakerheads" on the 6 thought Dan's 97s were JD exclusives...Mentally I was like:

rj06r7.jpg

and LOL at Justin talking mad (&@ real loud about Jordans right in front of them
roll.gif

Hey S dubl, I notice that you have sneaker_st in your sig. Do you know those guys? I'm friends with some of them and have gotten some shoes from them. Justnoticed it and was wondering your connection.

Originally Posted by s dubl

chill...this thread isnt about clowning for lack of knowledge...its about sharing love for AMs and spreading knowledge.

Greg...looks like you guys had a good time...hopefully a socal mini-summit happens.

let me guess who's holding that L
nerd.gif
Yup I agree. I came into this thread with 4 pairs of AMs and didnt know too much. I learned a great deal thru TAF and appreciate all the help Igot from its members.

And if yall wanna do mini-SoCal summit before the one in the summer, hit me up!

Denver - Its a toss up btwn the orange/grey and orange/navy for me. But Im leaning towards the orange/grey.

Edit: Pretty damn close to 1500 pages!

belated Happy New Year FAM!! here's wishing 2010 has a lot of goodness in store for you all
wink.gif

so finally i've managed to catch up... just a mere month or so of reading!! took me bloody ages but what a read.great to see lots of new posters in here and the FAM doing it's thing helping one another out. i'm gonna make a proper effort now to keep up to date.who knows, i may even get my application in sometime this year
tongue.gif

as always, too much to mention but i do need to say:

congrats on all the new pickups everyone. Safaris, DW 90s, Amsterdams, Stashes, Navy '03 87s, Pattas galore... the list goes on. doesn't look like theholidays has slowed much down at all for some of you lot lol.

AMAZING iDs in here. i'm struggling to keep my numbers down with all the new designs i keep seeing. what'smaking it tougher though is that the image on the screen/ iD site looks nothing like the finished product... seems to always turn out better!

denver - it was a while back since i read it, but great tip on the midsole painting... i've been looking for a solution to that problem for ages sodef gonna give that a try. love the box/ label sticker idea too, looks cooler than the real thing.

Justin - recovered yet?
smokin.gif
justPP'd you some more money a couple of hours ago towards the iD fundage.

chris BG - (sorry for the late reply) you're right about the UK pricing on the iDs, even with 9% cashback and free shipping, it's still gonnawork out about $15-20 per pair cheaper ordering them within the US and then paying for the shipping over. thanks for the offer on grabbing them for me, buti've already got Mayhem on the case. i think he likes the extra (sneaker related) work to be honest
laugh.gif
will definitely be heavily 'borrowing' from your designs though
tongue.gif

Cris - congrats on the 3rd B'day. keeping it strong as always with the iDs (top idea from you & Chris for theAM FAM shoe btw) and loving those new tee designs for that summit (SU4?).

Friday - i LUUURVE piiink.
4264015361_1a4956bca6.jpg

it was my birthday so i had to un-DS something. the weather's been miserable as hell here too and with all this talk about loud sickly iDs, these sprang tomind.

Yesterday & today -
4264016373_6226b584f6.jpg

Cris, your un-Clots came out awesome. i've got 2 pairs of these but i still wouldn't say no to some of that reflective pinkness.

latest pickup (yesterday) -
4264021183_2d3fa30173.jpg
4264025483_ac0feed0e8.jpg

apologies for the non-AM pics but i thought some of you might like to see for the obvious reason. i really don't do shoes at all so i have nightmares wheni hit 'no sneakers' venues. copped in the sale for £93 (from £155). still pretty steep but they're very good quality from Slam Jam, Italy(that's good right?
laugh.gif
)

Well here they are. Some words of advice. Don't thin out the paint to much. I did and it leaked to the silver mesh. I painted over the dye, and not itlooks like a wet spot on the shoes LOL. You can kinda see it on the left shoe on the pic showing the toes.Still rockable, but I'll take a pic when its daytime over here.

If I was to redo these, I would have made the upper by the swoosh reflective red to give it a 2 tone red look like the originals. I'd also go with a whitereflective swoosh since it looks a bit more qhite then the suede one (looks cream or bone.) My blue ones should be in a couple weeks. As for the paint job ittook about 4 coats and went on real easily. For the trim part I just used a thin pointed brush.
KVN

DAF- The 3rd IMO. That second pair reminds me of that overseas exclusive. And the first pair is nice too..blah-blah-blah
Get the 2nd & 3rd lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom