TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my Bday on tuesday.......do I buy these 160382382131.......................Or just go and buy'em when they release? The only 95's I have are the most recent ones so I'm not overly worried about bigbubble/small bubble....just don't know what the overall quality of these is as opposed to what to expect when release in the store. So glad some of the 95's I really like are rereleasing again this year so I don't have to search.

Being back in WI is nuts, figured I'd fly home since I have off of school on Monday.....crazy cold.....wearing AM1 QS to dads first night and his 2 4 foot great danes have demolished'em. Glad I grabbed a 2nd pair from the outlets.

Originally Posted by Vivrantchino21

for those of you looking for ben drurys heres a pair NTer Rap Sizzle made (hope he doesnt mind me borrowing his pic form the pickup post)
I've never been huge on those ben drurys. But I think these are better
pimp.gif
in my oh so honest opinion.
black, white and gray is my new favorite colorway for sneakers
smokin.gif

Wow Nice atuff on this page!!!!

Mitch - I like how we are tag teamin that dude on his bogus collection posts... haha

probably one of the last wears i'll get outta these '99 retro's of am95's... they're falling apart mad bad, but i have rocked 'em a lot in these 10 + years... thinking about trying to glue 'em back up, but i got a pair of HOA's on ice, so it's probably gonna be on to the next one (and i'll just pick up a pair or two on the discount releasing this march)...

here's a starter jacket i picked up at freaking walmart that matches perfect, as does this pirates fitted (both have the same color neon, even has reflective parts):

4352315518_b776bbb2bf_o.jpg
4351568103_b26d7dbe7b_o.jpg

4351568701_e994bd59ae_o.jpg

Originally Posted by AmnMolinar

for those of you looking for ben drurys heres a pair NTer Rap Sizzle made (hope he doesnt mind me borrowing his pic form the pickup post)
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
ahh man but once you have a pair, you realize the details/materials make the shoe.  smokey grey translucent soles, super butter soft perf leather toe, thick black suede, the circular stitching on the back, the 3m not just on the mudguard but the tongue tag also, no id can compare to the real drury's IMO.  but the colorway on those iDs is not bad at all. 

eentegra - yeah Andrew pretty much got it right already with the paint. the painting method is just thin coats, one at a time, using a small fine flat tip brush. clean the surface you're painting first.  i paint free hand (no mask), but if you're worried about a steady hand, you can try masking, just be careful if you do, you can accidentally tear the paint off the midsole.  and don't strip off the original paint.  also, this is a good paint method for any foam-based midsole with yellowing/staining, but kep in mind it can still crack and chip just like normal nike paint on models like the am90 that tend to crack easily.  so painting an already heavily cracked/stripped midsole might not solve your problem entirely.

ok fam, i woke up randomly at 4am for no good reason.  time to go back to sleep.

pimp.gif
smokin.gif
Same, here, with correct spelling of course. Welcome to Team Monochrome.....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by denverairforce

pimp.gif
smokin.gif
ahh man but once you have a pair, you realize the details/materials make the shoe.  smokey grey translucent soles, super butter soft perf leather toe, thick black suede, the circular stitching on the back, the 3m not just on the mudguard but the tongue tag also, no id can compare to the real drury's IMO.  but the colorway on those iDs is not bad at all. 

eentegra - yeah Andrew pretty much got it right already with the paint. the painting method is just thin coats, one at a time, using a small fine flat tip brush. clean the surface you're painting first.  i paint free hand (no mask), but if you're worried about a steady hand, you can try masking, just be careful if you do, you can accidentally tear the paint off the midsole.  and don't strip off the original paint.  also, this is a good paint method for any foam-based midsole with yellowing/staining, but kep in mind it can still crack and chip just like normal nike paint on models like the am90 that tend to crack easily.  so painting an already heavily cracked/stripped midsole might not solve your problem entirely.

ok fam, i woke up randomly at 4am for no good reason.  time to go back to sleep.
agreed....Drurys are one of my fav AM1s...prob one of my top shoes I own. I love em!

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

Great stuff all!

For work tonight:

entegra: the brand of paint is Creatix i believe, in the air brush paint section at a craft store. the color is opaque white.
Denver / Brian gave me the details on it and tips for use. i'll check my computer when i get home and make sure i'm
remembering correctly. He could tell ya as well.

Be safe FAM!

-Andrew-
denverairforce wrote:

pimp.gif
smokin.gif

morning guys.

cleveland/denver:  thanks for the tip. i will be on the lookout for this paint. got a few pairs id like to touch up.
happy.gif

some nice IDs here.

heres the latest
10idv7m.jpg

Originally Posted by denverairforce

this.....

dope drury's, og reds, art & sole book, wu-tang & stash ID's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

might have to do that Wu colorway with a patch as well lol

don't even know why the #@%@$ i'm up right now
sick.gif

^^ if you dont know why your up, I have NO f-ing clue why i am 
sick.gif
sick.gif
 can't really tell, but mardi gras last night messed these bad boys up 
smokin.gif

What is with everyone not knowing 1) why they are up or 2) what they did last night?
roll.gif

One of my friends posted how she woke up on her couch today, has no recollection what she did last night, but noticed she sent a flurry of texts
laugh.gif
. On top of all that, her car was neatly parked in front of her apartment...

Is President's Day weekend THAT serious?
grin.gif

Justin, while you are on your Wu tip, maybe make some Meth x The Riddler inspired AM1 IDs.
pimp.gif

Wearing the grey Air Stabs today.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

What is with everyone not knowing 1) why they are up or 2) what they did last night?
roll.gif

One of my friends posted how she woke up on her couch today, has no recollection what she did last night, but noticed she sent a flurry of texts
laugh.gif
. On top of all that, her car was neatly parked in front of her apartment...

Is President's Day weekend THAT serious?
grin.gif

Justin, while you are on your Wu tip, maybe make some Meth x The Riddler inspired AM1 IDs.
pimp.gif

Wearing the grey Air Stabs today.
roll.gif
.....her story sounds like the beginning to a very dramatic flick.

hmmmmmm meth x riddler id's....
devil.gif

i only woke up to use the bathroom, decided to check on the copper drop.....it's been a wrap for me since. i'm heading back to try and sleep now.
tired.gif

James - pics or die
tongue.gif

kickz4show- those i.d.s turned out awesome. If and when I get to ordering a pair, I might have to go Stash inspired.

Loads of good stuff guys, too much to attempt to point out
pimp.gif

Jibby and Brian - thanks for the kind words gents

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Denver - my bad....AM withdrawal
frown.gif
....$45 is nice number for a deal, i just got myself one for that amount as well....just so happens to be that pair of TN's Seth has
smokin.gif

Awesome, I wondered if you got them when I saw he ended the auction.  You're gonna like those
pimp.gif
.  Such nice detail on that shoe.

I decided to wear these customs, finally.  I don't like the mudguard color, I have been meaning to redo them, but I got lazy.  now I'm just gonna wear them.  only customized part you can't see is the swoosh on the back is purple (just the swoosh, not the "nike air").

before:

nike-air-max-90-white-grey-2.jpg

after:

Picked these up sorry for the last picture the air bubbles are a somewhat foggy not to bad are they wearable anybody ever had 90s crumble on them.

Bonus

^^very dope pickup, you shouldn't have any issues wearing them but if u are concerned at all.....it's always good to walk around the house for a few to break them in and see what happens before taking it to the concrete.

Seth - can't wait, they look great in ur pics. i jus hope it's a good fit or i'll have to pass 'em to Jake or Shaun
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Denver - how is the paint holding up on the plastic parts?

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

^^very dope pickup, you shouldn't have any issues wearing them but if u are concerned at all.....it's always good to walk around the house for a few to break them in and see what happens before taking it to the concrete.

Seth - can't wait, they look great in ur pics. i jus hope it's a good fit or i'll have to pass 'em to Jake or Shaun
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Denver - how is the paint holding up on the plastic parts?
I was super amped when I saw them at my doorstep picked em up for $200 from promo shoes.

Mayhemgatz -will Due thanks for the advice I am being very selective in what I buy these days even though I have spent a grip this month loving max oranges quality is sick can only hope that the 2010 retro is somewhat close.

White Green Pattas on there Way Pulled the triger at $165 shipped should be here next week.

J - first time really wearing 'em, but it seems like it's fine. none of it came off when I laced 'em up. I'll check on 'em after the day is done and i'll see how they're lookin'...

by the way, any fam have an os x leopard disc they wanna float me?  just picked up a titanium g4 with 10.3.9 on it, need 10.5 do to anything these days.  lemme know...

nice max oranges on the last page.
wearing these to kick it around the house this morning and recuperate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom