TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jersey Gardens Nike Outlet in NJ has FSR for $34.97 Tailwind 92 if anyone is interested..
nike_air_tailwind_wycb.jpg

Nice stealths, sunbursts, and forest greens.

Gooey, you're becoming one of my most hated NTers...
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Modz - sick emeralds
sick.gif
pimp.gif
  What's the condition after the movie (the shoes and your mental state
laugh.gif
).  BTW - I'll try to remember to add you on PSN later.
Shutter Island = 2 hours of my life i will never get back, i prayed throughout the film that i choked to death on my popcorn so i didn't have to watch any more.
sick.gif

The emeralds were sweet, i see why some fammers talk about quality difference between og 95s and new ones. Really does feel like walking on an air bag, massive spring off the ground and comfort, compared to walking on what feels like hard foam with some see through plastic fake bags on the side of new ones.

Have some air leaking from somewhere though (Scem0nito!) right shoe exhales every time i put it down, sound like i'm some sort of heavy breathing pervert when i walk.......

Off to FL now to lay by the Hot Red 2010 90s, wife getting them for my bday in 2 weeks.

I just like the CW.

Love all the chilli SC being picked up. Best eve AM 1 in my opinion.

Almost dug mine out to wear, but i'm rocking J1s this avo to see Law Abiding Citizen.

Gooey & Jibby - ILLY! I always get confused between you two.

Mars: Safs! ILLY! That's a pair I'll never acquire..
frown.gif

Neu: Solid AM87 collection, Sir!

UFB: Excellent selection, Sir!

cheers for the kind words on the Forest Greens FAM. first time i've ever worn 'em and i gotta say, i love the navy mesh... when i look down, it doesn't feel like i'm wearing white kicks.

yeah, almost every day of this week it's been either 'hmmm... might see if i can bag those for cheap' or a 'OMG!! And in my size!!'. i'd say it's comparable to about 6 months worth of finds, not good news for the wallet tho
embarassed.gif

Tim/ Nick - thanks. i think they might have retroed as a wmns c/w at some point if you're ever looking.
eastla - sorry to hear that dude. that's the 1st pair of non-OG 90s i've heard that that's happened to. btw, do you mean the Pattas that sold for $590? pretty steep considering a rare sample with different insoles couldn't even fetch $599 BIN.

UFB - clean Drurys, nice lace swap too.
Supa - crisp Safaris.
F89 - nice Stealths. a DS pair of the grey version was on Ebay for $90 yesterday.
Modz - my left Safety Orange has a wheeze too. probably better to avoid libraries
laugh.gif

ILLustRayT - WTH?!
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Jeff - the 2k9 king. those iDs are super fr-fr-fresssshhh (*in Ali-G voice).

random text-breaker pic:
3790945286_c49d1ca3f0.jpg

Quick ? for the Fam, or anyone that would like to chime in...

With all the so called upgrades, and fusions Nike is doing...what do you guys/gals think about Nike keeping the classics basically the same as far as looks go...shape of air units and all, but just replacing the air with zoom?

What does everyone think about that?

Originally Posted by s dubl

With all the so called upgrades, and fusions Nike is doing...what do you guys/gals think about Nike keeping the classics basically the same as far as looks go...shape of air units and all, but just replacing the air with zoom?

Classics should remain Classics, its bad enough that Nike butchers the crud out of all the good stuff we enjoy... wouldnt mind seeing something good with zoom air though, then again we all want "AIR MAX" back to how it was!!

maybe its just me, but i dont notice the differance so i wouldnt care considering these arent built for performance anymore just style
grin.gif

Sdubl - Good looking out! Thanks for the Attic suggestion, pretty dope spot. They had a quite a few AM1s, two i havent seen before. They had a weird symbol on the toungue, nothing I've seen before. CW was like the hyperstrike Kid Robots.
Tak - I agree with u, they should just bring back the old "Air Max". However, if they are going to keep things how they are, zoom would be a lot more comfortable than whats in em now.
Jeff - For real, you are the 2k9 King! Do u have a swoosh account cuz them 2k9s are quite pricey...
East - Nice pickup!
Mars - Thanks, Sea World and the Zoo will have to wait til next time. Raining pretty hard over there

Don't you think the AM93 and Air Burst are going to look weird with heel zoom?  The shoes were originally marketed for having all that support in the heel but i think they would look odd with a low-profile support back there.

*IF* they made some premium Air Maxes with forefoot zoom, it might be relevant to my interests...

Cosigning with Tak: we want real Air Max back.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Don't you think the AM93 and Air Burst are going to look weird with heel zoom?  The shoes were originally marketed for having all that support in the heel but i think they would look odd with a low-profile support back there.

*IF* they made some premium Air Maxes with forefoot zoom, it might be relevant to my interests...

Cosigning with Tak: we want real Air Max back.
I def agree..."real Air Max" would be great, but we know it wont happen...Im just sayin somethin to improve the comfort on some of these retros without sacrificing the looks too much.

I think forefoot zoom would be an improvement...some of the older Air Maxes feel like im walking with bricks on because they just feel so heavy with no bounce-back feeling when i walk.

Saw some AM2003s on the auction site...but they were in a Nike Sportswear box

My first thought: WTH they actually still retro AM2003s??
laugh.gif

gooey with the binging of them 95s ~ pools, slates, forest greens - all mighty tasty, sir.

sorry about the MX's, eastla.

nice IDs and sunbursts, jibby.

great video, andrew!

once again, this thread moves too damn fast.. sorry if i missed anyone.

Recently...
sig_bg2.gif

Pickup..
sig_bg5.gif

peace.

Sorry for the Iphone flicks took them quick like cause the girls got my camera!
Just wanted to share some pickups and a build I just finished. Hope noone gets upset.
$31 shipped SZ13!! finally

Some stabs Ive been needing for a minute

80s Schwinn Traveler conversion. My winter project.

Everyone else on the last 5 pages since the last time i posted... Such huge pressure to just search search search for all the rad stuff in here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom