TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^nice pick ups...

IMO those clos would be so much nicer if they had a tan mesh or even buttery leather or suede toe box.

dope mango stabs
pimp.gif

need a pair still
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

Nice Jeff! How many 2k9s you up to now?
25 is my quick unofficial count.  I need to stop though.  I'm running out of room and don't get to wear them enough as is.

Just got home from dinner with the GF

S dubl- Don't really know what real air max feels like but like but I can appreciate the older retro for the materials so I can only imagine how air maxes felt when they actually had Air Max if that makes sense lol

Slingman- Thanks hope they arrive next week and on the Max oranges it happens I guess LOL have to laugh about it. Nice pick up

GS- Thank I hope you were able to get your pair of Chilis

Baybully650- Loving the Chilis hope to wear them soon.

Mars- Thanks hope you get what you've been searching for I will let you know if I see anything.

Ultra Flat Black- Sick Hold tights

Fligheightynine- Loving those 90's

Jeff- you coming with the 09's keep it up man

Gooey- Thanks man I'm taking it in stride maybe on more wear still undecided. The Pattas jumped like $200 in that last 5 mins crazy. Drop me a message if you come across some Slates in a 8.5 or 9 thanks.

kickz4show- Nice pickups.

Sorry for the long post.

there are many, "what could have beens" for those clots, but the end result is still rather nice

sdubl-true some of these shoes with zoom would be great, however, they would have to change all the air units we all love though. the zoom air bag, is usually very small, so similar to the zoom seismics

c0009263_12063687.jpg
, oddly enough i had a pair of these...the snuggest bastards ever....

or they would have to revert back to the one and done zoom max, ala lebron ii
lebron_browntan_side.jpg

Originally Posted by eastlasmokeshop

s dubl- after NikeFNHead paid $70 I feel like I over paid lol nah im happy with what I paid

Why? Yours seem to be in a nicer condition than mine and you have the original box as well!
 Enjoy your purchase!

I prefer real Air Max.  I think Nike should wanna keep it how it was when it first hit the scene and when the AM 95's had those huge air bubbles.  I mean, it's what helped set them apart from the others.

Originally Posted by NikeFNHead

s dubl- after NikeFNHead paid $70 I feel like I over paid lol nah im happy with what I paid

Why? Yours seem to be in a nicer condition than mine and you have the original box as well!
 Enjoy your purchase!
Thanks your pair does not seem to shabby

NikeFNHead wrote:

Enjoy your purchase!
Thanks your pair does not seem too shabby

Thank you. I wore them today all day, and I found myself staring at my feet a lot of times.
Also curious to know where they got the nickname Chili from?  

Originally Posted by blakperl

I prefer real Air Max.  I think Nike should wanna keep it how it was when it first hit the scene and when the AM 95's had those huge air bubbles.  I mean, it's what helped set them apart from the others.

A combo of factors that made original Air Maxes awesome:

1. Better material for the midsole: the current stuff feels very stiff, esp on Air Max 95s since they added more in the heel to make up for the loss of air with the smaller unit.
2. Insoles/sockliner: the current insoles are just rubber with fabric on top.  Older Nikes had insoles made out of a white foamy kind of material that was not only thicker but it helped absorb shock, like an actual running shoe should do.
3. Better overall materials: The mesh was perfect, along with the suedes and leathers.  The leather on my OG AM93s is so smooth to the touch, almost unreal.  Plus it is flexible, unlike the pleather used now on various Nikes and those sneakers named after the former basketball player who owns the Bobcats...

I still don't know where the Chili nickname came from...I'm fairly sure there was an Air Max a while back with Chili Red and someone decided the Varsity Reds looked just like it.  /shrug

the 2010 neons dont look that bad at all, i might pick up a pair of em. i have my 08's on as i type.
nice mango stabs back there, i need me a pair of those. pretty underrated shoe, nice and clean not too shabby at all
nerd.gif

^ I charged you $90 for a pair of wearable OG Emerald's, you lucky bastard! Btw, sorry couldn't access MW2 the other day...I will be on again next weekend and will have you added then, so I can knife your %!! in Estate. =]

can someone tell me how many purple pattas were made? i think the black ones were around 247. what's the most you would pay for these pattas?

Originally Posted by deuce02

can someone tell me how many purple pattas were made? i think the black ones were around 247. what's the most you would pay for these pattas?
i think the same number? maybe a few more? $500?

why? what'd you find?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by neukicks

Originally Posted by deuce02

i think the same number? maybe a few more? $500?

why? what'd you find?
nerd.gif
pm sent.

sup guys....been just lurking for a minute...work keeping me busy

great pickups across the board....heat wave indeed
pimp.gif

i agree with brian.. you just dont feel teh air in the new air maxes today. just too hard. you dont feel like your walking in air. haha. i just feel that nike will do, or doing, the air max the way its doing the JB and retro stuff.
smh.gif

these pools today. hopefully all good and will not crumble. its not DS but who knows. :crosses fingers:
11rg2lg.jpg

i must say these pools just has the 'air' feel when i walk in them.
have a safe one folks. i have some TCA
happy.gif
pickups (i did get em el bro) and restorations that i will post soon.

-ron

RL - yes, the dark grey/ blk and reds
wink.gif

Steve - clean pics as always... those STs remind me of the unreleased Pattas there.
eastla - will do.
Jeremy - congrats on those Bursts, are those the ones on the Bay that only fetched starting price?

on the Air Max topic, obviously i'd rather pay more and get the real deal again, but i'd quite happily settle for shoes that 'look' like the real thing with Zoom (for less money). i only walk in my sneaks so cushioned insoles would def suffice my needs.

just made purchase #7 about 30 mins ago
embarassed.gif
...for a good price of course
tongue.gif

^^yes sir. Kinda dissappointed though. the midsole has some small spots where the foam got chipped and there is a small crack starting in one of the shoes. still wore them for a day and seemed ok. (hopeful thinking) they wont crack hardcore on me! So hard to find good bursts in a 13!!

the chili nickname for the 87s must be a result of the chili nickname for the 95's since the 2 pairs share the same colorway, but I don't know who started the nickname for the 95's... if there was a chili red, it seems strange that it would be a popular nickname if nobody in a large group full of nike enthusiasts can identify a pair that ever used this color, yet the actual color used on the shoes with the nickname is one of nike's most popular ever (varsity red). why wouldn't they just be called varsity reds? if there were any worthwhile newer releases, we could try an experiment in creating a nickname that makes no sense and seeing how easily we can spread it, haha. call the chlorophyll pattas "spring greens" or something.

anybody score those storm bursts for $65? seemed like a good pickup, but I again had too much goin' on to snag 'em... plus I'm kinda back and forth with the colorway. not sure if I would actually wear them.

regarding paying more for new air max 95s with original level quality, first of all, it will obviously never happen. I'd like to say it's wishful thinking, but I don't wish to pay more for better quality when inferior quality is already $145... at that point, I'm happy buying older retros. and when we get to the point where older retros aren't wearable anymore, then I'll be done with the air max 95 (wearing them, anyway). either way, I'm not going to pay for or wear the recent imitation of that shoe. [bobby]that's my prerogative[/bobby].

EEntegRa - Pools
pimp.gif
new pick up? just keep taking quick checks when you can.
Jeremy - you may want to think about smothering some clear Shoe Goo over the cracks/ holes if possible. i used it on my '01 Neons and it seems to have helped, although i'm not sure for how long.
UKBased - maybe
tongue.gif

tonight:
4395533126_dea0d12dd6.jpg

*edit
i'm with you Brian on the retro thing. as i've said before, unless a real essential c/w comes out, i'll just move on to other shoes once mine have passed away.

and re: the Chili name, i'm pretty sure the official c/w of the first version of the red/ gry 95s was called that, and then every subsequent retro was Varsity Red, but the name stuck. the 87s are officially Varsity Red too.

Originally Posted by circlelikewolves

^^yes sir. Kinda dissappointed though. the midsole has some small spots where the foam got chipped and there is a small crack starting in one of the shoes. still wore them for a day and seemed ok. (hopeful thinking) they wont crack hardcore on me! So hard to find good bursts in a 13!!
forgot to ask, are those the '98s or the '01s?  never heard of bursts cracking/breaking down before, but I guess we've seen air max '94's break down and they use the same midsole...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom