TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These came in today

If anyone is interested in some VNDS Sz.11 huf quake AM 1's pm me
happy.gif

^still selling a sz 5.5 in those if any of you guys have a wifey to share them with....

mine has two pairs that's why....

...and both the premium and QS '08 am90 infrareds came in today....and it's no question that the '08s NUTS all over that premium one...comparisonpix for the fam within 24 hours lol

lol that is EXACTLY how i looked when i did the comparison

the 08s were too small though, and i've already had to sell them, and bought myself another pair with that live.com cashback feature.
that weird nubuck they used all round the shoe, what was up with that? the swoosh too!

the mudguard with the ostrich print, ok, i can live with that, and in fact looks pretty good honestly

the leather liner i could have DEF. done without, the leather insoles are ok to say the least....

the mesh...now i don't know how i feel about it. I mean it's different, and yea it's not THAT bad, but that mesh that's on the 08s are prettynice as is...and certainly didn't need to be changed.

i DO like the DIFFERENCE with the translucent pieces, however, i'm sad that it had to come at the cost of the infrared "POP" factor. The shoesjust don't have that "POP" without the TPU pieces. cool concept failed execution.

I can honestly see why nike had to make these changes to differentiate it from the 08 GRs, but if they had to do this, they should've just not released thepremiums.....

...the premiums are gonna get more wear, so that my 08s can stay cleaner...however those black laces that it came with are also a nono lol

edit: i DO like how the air unit is visibly bigger though....

Originally Posted by daaznfella

...the premiums are gonna get more wear, so that my 08s can stay cleaner...however those black laces that it came with are also a nono lol

edit: i DO like how the air unit is visibly bigger though....
I love these shoes.

I wear mine more so the 08s stay fresh.

And i like the air unit, which is obviously larger.

One of my fave shoes on a sunny day.

laugh.gif

like you said; those translucent bits i can actually live with; i wear them everyday and they're growing on me.
2901704500_2c27e53ef9_b.jpg

the mesh; i would prefer the basics. the leather insoles are a nice-!!% touch, but the leather lining i don't like - worn without socks (i use extrainsoles all the time), the leather tends to rub against skin making it rather raw. ostritch leather is a p-p-p-pass!
2901704758_59bf5c37c1_b.jpg

Nice Oli....

Jake, lots of nice stuff the last couple pages - u been blowin' it up AM FAM style!

Chris, amazing collection man. I always look forward to seeing your pics.

If anyone wears a sz 10, peep the sig
wink.gif

Sup Fam!!

Oli - dope 95s....those are number 4 on my ridiculously long list of shoes to get...
laugh.gif

Jake - infared painting came in today
pimp.gif
.....looking at it side by side with the AM1....i definitely see what you were talking about. great job!
Viet - my iphone was already jailbroken, some program called blacklist is what caused my issue. it was a blessing indisguise i guess because i upgraded from 1.1.5(?) to 2.2 firmware. everything is back in order for the moment, just gotta try and find all the cool apps andgames i had before. right now i'm trying to figure out how to change my sms tone with this iphonebrowser program. have u done that? PM me if u knowanything that can help..
r3k4hsttub - i feel your pain with that leather lining, it really isn't comfortable at all...
frown.gif
...i'm not looking forward to those new AM97 LUX because of that damnedlining. IMO AM's and leather lining...not a good look.

as for me, got a package today! i got these off ebay...some seller had them listed wrong so it went under the radar. i offered a pretty low amount consideringwhat they COULD go for and the seller took it! gotta love when vintage clothing sellers think they are just old sneakers....
laugh.gif

so anyway, they only had one pic which didn't show what condition the shoes were in but they turned out to be pretty good IMO, the air unit is still niceand firm, lots of tread left and the swoosh is still intact on the insole which leads me to believe they weren't worn consistently....also no scuffs,scratches, smells, tears....just slight discoloration on the midsole as usual and some sockballs. the only REAL problem is that they are 11.5....i took agamble hoping the OG's would have a tad bit more room than the retro's.....no good!
ohwell.gif
....gonna see if i can bear it with the insoles out cause i love theOG97's!
pimp.gif

need some help tho....does anyone think these would be damaged in a washing machine? i wanna clean the mesh up a little

still waiting for another package....damned overseas shipping
mad.gif

Peace Fam!

^^^not too sure about the washing machine on those...the mesh on my pair is dirty as well. But i just leave them be...

Nice atmos oli.

mayhem, i can answer ANY of your iphone questions...why dont you pm ME lol

to change sms stuff though, you gotta have ssh installed onto your phone....but yea lmk what i can do for you
as far as your 97s go, i have the same pair in MY size, and they fit small (9), i wear them without an insole every once in a while, but they uber beat....sorain shoes they are lol

-washing machine should be OK with these....

can i get a legit check on these? seller only provided two pix

116d_1.JPG

15a7_1.JPG

What Up Fam!!!

While Patiently Waiting for My Latest Pick Up,,,
The Doctor Said Anytime....(If You Know What I Mean...)

Originally Posted by SoleSistaAsh85
ef115063c15f8a6a67d657f9119ac611434818c.jpg

Those air units are insane
eek.gif

Mayhem, it seems OG Air Maxes ran even tighter than the ones today: I can't even lace OG Air Max Pluses in a sz 11.5 all the way to the top while morerecent Air Max Plus retros in sz 11.5 make my feet feel like they're swimming inside the shoe...

If you can't fit them, we may have to talk...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

daaznfella: those Laser Blue's are definitely fugazy.

Mayhem: great pickup on those! I'm not even that crazy about 97's myself in general but I just love how you make themcheap-ol'-under-the-radar-cops on the bay
happy.gif
Think we all could learn a thing or two from that
wink.gif

Hope the Fam is doing fine, greatings from a snow-covered Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom